Advance Notice: 50th NSCC and Big Bore GVM

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Advance Notice: 50th NSCC and Big Bore GVM

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:10 am

Any idea about from where I can get a current copy of the rule book?
The ISSF book can be bought from http://www.issf-shooting.org/shop/shop.asp

The NRAI book is available directly from them. I do have the 2005 version as a Word document. If you like I could e-mail it to you.
Mack The Knife,if certain things develope the way I expect them to,in the next couple of months,I think I would be able to arrange for a rifle for you at the next nationals.
I would really appreciate that. However, I would need ammo as well for which I would gladly pay. If sufficient ammo can be arranged, how about you, Asif and me forming a team? You may need to be a NRAI or State Association member though. I will check on this and revert.

I cannot make it this January as I have to enroll my younger son into a mainstream school and you know what that is like over here.

It would be great if you could pull this off and I would happily order a new jacket (outgrown my old one) and get a bit of practice in a few months before the comp - with a .22lr at 50 metres, ofcourse.

Mack The Knife

For Advertising mail webmaster
penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:43 am

I don't think anything is going to materialize by this January.Would take atleast 5-6 months though I would have a clear picture of the time that it's going to take, by Jan.If you noticed,I said "by the next nationals"

penpusher

PS-Would be pleasure to shoot with you and Asif.Any body with a paper puncher is also going to be on target.Have never shot till 300mtr's though used to shoot till 200mtr's.Got a fluke 1.5" 5 shot group with a SLR at 200 mtr's once.

mishradk
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

NRAI_MATCH_BOOK(Old: 50th NSCC and Big Bore GVM )

Post by mishradk » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:50 pm

Hi penpusher,
Please find the latest NRAI Match book here....
NRAI_MATCH_BOOK_2005_amended_II (8th August 2006)

People look at a new thing..
the last page says
"The Governing Body in its meeting held on 8th August 2006 has approved rules for the conduct of Zonal Competitions as follows"

good for us..

Deepak

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:26 am

Thanks mishradk. ANy suggestions about the sort of rifle that can be used for THE Big Bore open sight 300m event.Has anybody done well with a 315 rifle in this event? Well enough to be amongst the top 25 and also reach the qualifying score.

penpusher

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:04 pm

Hi penpusher,

The calibre is 8 mm or smaller - damned if I know why it is called BIG bore.

No magnum rounds and [strike]no soft points[/strike] no tracers or armour piercing rounds.

.315s have been used but I am not sure if they would be any good - reputed to loose any semblance of accuracy beyond 150 yards.

Mack The Knife

P.S.: Have just spoken to the NRAI official who conducts these matches and have jotted down the following:

1) He can arrange for a .303 with ammo for both the pre-national and national rounds. Cost will be around Rs.15,000/-

2) The new rule coming into force as of this forthcoming comp is that anyone who qualifies at the national level in the ISSF categry (read as, peep sight) will be eligible to import. No more top 25. All you need is the MQS.

3) Usually anyone getting over 500 were in line for a renowned shot cert. In other words, the competition isn't too hot.

4) A reloaded .315 (I assume he meant a lighter bullet) has managed the requisite MQS.

5) If you want that renowned shot certificate (wont be applicable now - see # 2) to import a rifle you have to shoot in the ISSF category which involves a peep sight. I think you could fit a .303 ghost sight to the rear but not sure about the globe sight up front.

6) To get to the nationals, one first has to qualify in the GVM or pre-nationals. From what I have seen, the pre-nationals are shot at the same venue during the time period given for the entire comp. Unlike the other rifle and pistol disciplines where there is usually a month between the pre-nationals and nationals.

Mack The Knife

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:55 pm

Thanks a lot Mack The Knife.

The OFB web site gives the max range for the 315 rilfe as 275 meters. Therefore to rech the MQS with it must be a feat to be reckoned with. Had heard about the 315 cartridge being loaded with a lighter(about 150 grains) bullet.Haven't seen it so far. A 303 with ammo for 15,000/- seems to be cheap when compared to the prices that were quoted earlier,but how do you practise with it?

penpusher

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:59 pm

A 303 with ammo for 15,000/- seems to be cheap when compared to the prices that were quoted earlier.
Compared to what certain private parties charge they are still cheap but they have become more expensive if you see the prices the coppers used to charge for them.

but how do you practise with it?
You don't. Not in my case atleast. Either bring extra ammo and familiarise yourself during the unlimited 'sighters' or familiarise yourself as you shoot the match.

Mack The Knife

P.S.: There may be a day scheduled for just practice. Bear in mind that the rifle (.303) given to you on that day may not be the same as the rifle given to you on the day of the match and you may need to zero all over again. Even though there are unlimited sighting shots, the lack of ammo will dictate how many shots you will have to get your sighting completed in. God forbid if the fall of shot is in the dirt way ahead of the target or not on the paper. It has happened before and precisely why I wont shell out the money for such a gamble.

shooter31
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by shooter31 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:58 am

what the f$@k (and plz dont show me a card like shown to zidane) what do you mean by observers punching the card for you is it so, as far as i know things are fair in nationals and if they are not then i feel highly cheated and tensed what kindda of a shooting then is being done here in india.. i belong to a middle class family with limited resources i know how i have travelled smtimes on foot to the tughlakabaad range or how my dad managed for an lp10 costing him so much and he did it for me and seeing my passion for the sport... we all know what we face in indian shooting thats why now i have restricted my self to nationals and as my air pistol scores are not touching 580 or so forgetting about the squad i try to grab sponsorship and go and participate in some international competititon in europe though i am trying after singapore but am not able to find sm corporate to sponsor me but i will find one, being a management student i hope now i have developed the basic skill set so as how to market myself.. and as my dad cannot affor every championship, i rely on national scores to an extent and consider them genuine... i dont know to what extent profiliation is done with the scores by the association and how much politics is involved.. .but then burning my dad's hard earned money like this where observers are punching cards in nationals i think i am ashamed, though am not a perfect marksman and am trying to improve myself where is the scope for me to progress...i aim to make it big sm day... but if such things do exist of which we shooters are not aware of what can we expect regarding our scores...

p.s to mehul if you have a jack in the media tell sm indian agency to cover nrai working.. media here in india is very strong and they need smthing new to show so nrai can be good coverage story mr baljeet singh sethi must be called for an interview on the tv.. what do you say
i hope nrai is not reading this

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:55 am

what do you mean by observers punching the card for you is it so
Yes, it is so. Not by the observers but by the people in the butts.

Don't worry, it's not something that can happen in the 10m AP event, though there was one very prominent squad member who took his/her cards to the toilet to punch them. It was his/her first GVM. He/she was caught but some people have powerful fathers and was let off. To this person's credit he/she made good without resorting to cheating thereafter.

i dont know to what extent profiliation is done with the scores by the association
To a very small extent. Most cannot afford it and the majority wouldn't stoop to cheating. I hope. It's also increasingly difficult to do this with the advent of electrically controlled targets.

If you know some senior shooters really well. Ask them about it.
i hope nrai is not reading this
They are. So keep your anonymity, though I think I know who you are.

Concentrate on your shooting and try to stay out of the politics.

Mack The Knife

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:41 am

Abhinav,

Welcome here. We do have some good friends in the media, some of whom are even members here. If you go through our News section, you would see a very nice interview of Abhijeet by CNN-IBN.

The sad fact is that this utter disregard for honesty in sports hurts not only individuals like you, it is almost treasonous in the effect that it has on India's sporting performance in international competition.

There is no perfect shooter in the world though those with the dedication and drive to succeed could become very good shooters and do well for themselves and the countries that they represent. I am very happy that you have come here and posted your views on the state of afairs. It is only by making our voices heard that we shall be able to regain the rghts that we have lost and do our best for the shooting sports in India.

Do post here and post often. You will always find good friends here.

Mehul