All India Endorsement

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:31 am

I am planning to apply for the "ALL INDIA" endorsement on my license.

What is the best way to go about it ?

Regards,
Nishant

For Advertising mail webmaster
cherian.k.k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cherian.k.k » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:40 pm

hello
same issue again. now theADM wants to see all the travel paper i have made like old train tickets, so now i have asked one of my relative who is an IAS officer to talk to ADM [I REALY DON'T LIKE TO USE THE INFLUENCE, BUT THERE IS NO OTHERE WAY]i will post details as it progress
cherian.k.k

paragvns
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

regarding all India lisence

Post by paragvns » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:52 pm

hi all,
I have got my all India permit recently.
does this mean that I can carry in all the states of India?
i was told that some states such as Nagaland do not allow even all India lisence holders to carry,
you are required to get some special permit.
please advice about such rules if any, and if someone has a list of states / places where these apply -
please post

thanks & regards
Parag
An armed society is a polite society. — Robert A. Heinlein

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

How to apply for All India permit

Post by amk » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:03 pm

Hi,

What is the procedure to apply/convert an existing Mumbai only license to All India status? I believe this has to be done by the State Home Ministry, is that correct? Is there a procedure to follow, forms to fill, etc.?

Cheers, AMK

raj
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: How to apply for All India permit

Post by raj » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:06 pm

hi,
you will get a form from the local licencing authority to convert your status to all india.you will have to quote a reason ,with a "Satyapan form"(similar to one filled for applying for licence).

Regards
Raj
---I have strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be the one controlling it.

---"Slow is Smooth,Smooth is Fast"

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: All India Endorsement

Post by mundaire » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:58 pm

Threads merged and topic made into a "sticky", you should be able to find all/ most relevant information from some of the older posts on this thread...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:35 pm

Thanks Abhi, I didn't want to hijack an existing thread but in hindsight it seems like a relevant thing to do :-)

Thanks for the info Raj. I checked on the Mumbai Police website and it said I need to fill up a form (Pol IX or something like that) and submit to the Government of Maharashtra. However in the downloads section there was no such form. I'll just visit the CFC and e/inquire.

AMK

raj
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by raj » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:48 pm

I was going through the site www.gunaccessory.com& came across some forms.one of which was titled
"FORM VII-Licence for carrying arms & ammunition on a journey in or through any part of india"
Link is : http://www.gunaccessory.com/forms/Form_vii.htm
I have 2 questions:
1.If i have a licence valid for a particular state & i travell with my weapon out of that state after filling the above mentoned form,will it be leagle ?? :?:
2.If i have an ALL INDIA licence,then do i have to fill this form if i want to travell with my weapon?? :?: :?:

Regards
Raj
---I have strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be the one controlling it.

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:28 pm

1:I think it will be when you get a Travel Journey Permit after filling that form.

2: I don't think so but I'm not lawyer.

AMK

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re:

Post by nagarifle » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:21 pm

eljefe wrote:claimed he had an International Arms licence.
It takes all sorts to get their ego massaged
Axx
i once had all eurape license, now am going to apply for Inter galactic arms license. as my local spc Sta is issuing them again. ROTFL

-- Mon Mar 23, 2009 14:55 --

oh yes State of Nagaland recognizes All India license and honers them.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

raj
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by raj » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:34 pm

gunman12 wrote:why do you need an all india licence for. Ill tell you for rifles or any long gun it is worthless to take.
If you require for handgun then there is some reason bcoz it is easy to carry.

If your application has been rejected then there would be a lot of difficulty to get it again bcoz previous application will be there in your file and new application will be taken look with the rejection order and I tell you this is gun trade not a grocery shop that you apply and you get it.

If you really in die hard need then tell me in which state you r having possesion of licence and what can i do in that. Ill try to get it for you.
well, i have a .22lr licence .i have applied for "all india " one month ago.i think it will take some 3-4 months to get their decision about it.i m in bhopal(M.P).

Regards
Raj

ranjitkher
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ranjitkher » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:54 pm

All licenses issued earlier were for All India,irrespective of the licensing authority.
I would like to know when this was changed and if there is a govt notification for the same.
I dont see why they have actually done this as ,if the license is issued for self protection or sport then one is restricted to carry it outside the state for which it is issued/permitted.
Should find out from legal experts if this infringes right to protection,freedom to travel etc...I dont see why the authorities make life difficult for law abiding citizens,
Somebody with malafide intent cares two hoots for licensing anyway.
If a licence to drive from a regional RTO is for all India then why should it be different for Arms.
You could end up killing with either,actually more road accidents kill than injuries caused from licensed firearms.

brar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: How to apply for All India permit

Post by brar » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:04 pm

raj wrote:hi,
you will get a form from the local licencing authority to convert your status to all india.you will have to quote a reason ,with a "Satyapan form"(similar to one filled for applying for licence).

Regards
Raj
Dear bandookan waleyo _/\_ sat sree akal
I am from Punjab I got my Licence from U.P after clearance from SSP office of the Ferozpur Punjab
My Licence is valid for all U.P. I purchased my revolver form IOF Kanpur
I am Govt. employee working in PSU. Now I want to apply for all India
What are the formalities?
Should I follow all the formalities as well as for new Licence?
Like Thana, DSP, SP of U.P. and Punjab again?
and ADM than DM of my district (U.P.)
Please guide me

With regards
BRAR
pahilan kise nu kuj kahi da ni _/\_
je panga pai jave fer piche rahi da ni

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:11 pm

Mubarka Ji,
You will have to make an application to the DM directly,who will then forward it to the State Home Sec in this case UP for extending the validity of the licence to all India.....in your case being a PSU employee you could use it to your advantage by citing that you travel frequently on work as your Co has offices across India (I hope so)
Good luck and do keep us posted...
HTH

mohitchandra
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Gun Owners Foundation of India

Post by mohitchandra » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:39 pm

Dear Sir

I have some doubts regarding the Arms Licence. I have a licence on 32 Bore pistol and is valid up to 31-12-2010 and this is issued from Tamil Nadu, India. Now I would like to take a licence for "All India" and if it is not possible I would like to use it in" Kerala". Can you tell me the procedure.

If you can send me a mail I will be very satisfy. Hope you will do the needful.

Thanks and Regards

N. Chandra Mohan Pillai