Dev's QB7 groups

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Dev's QB7 groups

Post by eljefe » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:11 pm

As above, Dev will add the text.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

For Advertising mail webmaster
mehulkamdar

Re: Dev's QB7 groups

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:00 am

Very nice. At what range were these groups shot? And were they test and sighting groups off a bench or offhand groups after sighting in?

Mehul

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:35 am

Hi,

Thanks so much Asif. These were shot after I had sighted in at five meters at home. I left the zero at one inch lower than desired point of aim.

I just verified the zero at ten meters while sitting on a tilted metal chair and a few cushions to rest the rifle on at a standard air gun shooting range table.

The pellets were Indian GSmith P10, I have heard that they work better with air rifles than pistols. On the first target the group of four went into the same hole except for the flier.

On the second group I think I was losing my concentratyion or the rifle was almost out of gas. Having the trigger worked on by Rajeev Sharma has made this rifle reach its accurate best. It seems to be grouping well with all sorts of pellets, even the famed Marvellous industries junk.

But I think with Crosman wadcutters it will normally replicate the second group at twenty meters. But I need ti find the right bench and all to carry out more long distance groups.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:11 am

Thou shall never get one of these....

if thou insists on shooting pellets that obviously aren't suiting the rifle.

I did not forget about sending you the pellets. The courier wouldn't take them. I will hand over a selection to Asif when I get up there.

Mack The Knife

P.S.: BTW, sorry if the above came across as a brag. It was meant as a joke.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:34 pm

My gawd what a shiny cup. Wow fifty shots in half an hour...that's so cool when you consider my new found love of the ISSF ;-). I am awaiting the matched pellets, like a neathandral i am just beginning to understand what inferior pellets do.

Because I have just realized what my IZH can do with decent pellets, I never believed that these desi pellets were so bad its unbelievable. My sis is down in town but I can't ask about the pellets till she gets here on the 30th. It'll be like my wife's zen quan: you happy to see sister or what she brings?

Heck I am such a pellet head that I don't know anymore. More pellets shall be seen in the near future. If nothing else then RWS from Delhi State etc.

By the way my rifle manual states 12 grooves and button rifled, so can you guess the twist rate? I just love this rifle and I wish that you could try it out. It is too much fun. Almost like shooting a real bolt action. I would love to slap on the .22 barrel on this but then it will stay a pipe dream for a while.

I love your eye for details as I am pretty loopy about these things and just like going bang on general things like cans etc. So I find shooting groups just good to check the zero and all. Beyond two or three strings run out of patience do I.

With the QB its just fun to shoot as fast as you can. But I would really love to win a tourney for a change.

Thanks for trying to get the pellets across but hopefully I shall have some soon. Will share the loot once it is here. ;-0

Regards,

Dev

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:53 pm

My gawd what a shiny cup.
LOL. In case you were wondering, it's made of plastic :mrgreen:

That one was got for the recoiling airgun category using my HW80K. Bit of a handicap considering the extra recoil (they use 12 ft.lbs. airguns) and the .22" calibre (they use outward scoring).

http://www.bfto.org.uk/cbr2503.htm

I used to shoot the recoilless / pre-charged category with my 10 metre FWB 603 using diopter sights because I couldn't mount a scope on it.

I haven't shot against the Bisley boys for some years now but if you like we could start doing it again. They are a hell of a nice bunch. You will need a 25 yard range though. If you want I will get in touch with them again.
By the way my rifle manual states 12 grooves and button rifled, so can you guess the twist rate?
Nope but you can work it out by pushing a pellet with a cleaning rod that turns. In your case you will have to start at the muzzle I think. Draw a straight line on the rod (say 3") in relation to a certain point on the barrel (put a pencil mark on the muzzle face as a reference). Align straight line on rod with mark on muzzle face and start pushing using the handle only so that the rod revolves. Stop pushing as soon as the line on the rod has completed one revolution and make a mark on the rod. Withdraw the rod and measure the length from tip to last mark. That will give you the twist rate - one turn in x inches / or centimetres.

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:17 pm

Oh but its still an award for shooting that also at Bisley...and at that distance. I don't know where a 25 m range is but I can probably use the karni singh range's 25m .22 range I guess. I am gonna have fun tomorrow blasting a can at thiry or more yards to see what the damage is like. Thanks for the tip about checking the twist rate I shall do so soon.

Regards,

Dev.

Mack The Knife Bana";p="6739 wrote:
My gawd what a shiny cup.
LOL. In case you were wondering, it's made of plastic :mrgreen:

That one was got for the recoiling airgun category using my HW80K. Bit of a handicap considering the extra recoil (they use 12 ft.lbs. airguns) and the .22" calibre (they use outward scoring).

http://www.bfto.org.uk/cbr2503.htm

I used to shoot the recoilless / pre-charged category with my 10 metre FWB 603 using diopter sights because I couldn't mount a scope on it.

I haven't shot against the Bisley boys for some years now but if you like we could start doing it again. They are a hell of a nice bunch. You will need a 25 yard range though. If you want I will get in touch with them again.
By the way my rifle manual states 12 grooves and button rifled, so can you guess the twist rate?
Nope but you can work it out by pushing a pellet with a cleaning rod that turns. In your case you will have to start at the muzzle I think. Draw a straight line on the rod (say 3") in relation to a certain point on the barrel (put a pencil mark on the muzzle face as a reference). Align straight line on rod with mark on muzzle face and start pushing using the handle only so that the rod revolves. Stop pushing as soon as the line on the rod has completed one revolution and make a mark on the rod. Withdraw the rod and measure the length from tip to last mark. That will give you the twist rate - one turn in x inches / or centimetres.

Mack The Knife

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:00 am

Guys,
you got yourselves a wrong guru-all i have is a coke can punctured a dozen times with Dev's QB!

Bwana Bisley finally removed his grim crusader mask ;)
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:42 pm

I got gas, wanna do some more cans?

;-)

Dev