CFX dieseling problem

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
pkjeetesh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

CFX dieseling problem

Post by pkjeetesh » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:45 pm

Hi friends...I have a GAMO CFX ROYAL .177 cal...I have put through at least 1400 shots uptil now...all of a sudden it began to diesel heavily today...im worried that the piston seal would have given away...all through the shots were a little inconsistent at 75m....and seemed okay surprisingly...please help...

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: CFX dieseling problem

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:59 pm

Did you introduce oil into the chamber or oil the bore and then let the rifle stand without removing excessive oil from the bore?

What ever the cause, I would recommend stripping the rifle, cleaning and relubing the parts correctly. There's a relubing guide in the gunsmithing section.

pkjeetesh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pkjeetesh » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:38 am

No Mack The Knife...I did not do any oiling...only used a few felt pellets for cleaning the bore , 3 of them at a time...it is true that prior to this problem..I had not used the rifle for probably a week...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:12 pm

You should always insert a pellet behind a felt pellet. That aside, I wonder if the use of just the felt pellets caused a dry fire that may have damaged the piston washer.

The dieselling aside, does the firing cycle feel the same as before?

pkjeetesh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pkjeetesh » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:27 pm

the firing cycle seems the same...judging by the fact that the hits at 75m were fairly consistent...but there is low squeak unheard before while cocking the underlever...particularly at the end of the pull...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:54 pm

Would you be comfortable dismantling, cleaning and relubing the rifle? Which part of India are you from? If you are from Bangalore, I will be willing to do it for you if you are unsure about the process.

pkjeetesh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pkjeetesh » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:26 pm

thanks a million Mack The Knife....no problems...I would be comfortable....Im from Hyderabad and I hope to meet you soon with the gun....i will intimate you well in advance before coming in order to check your convenience....

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:35 pm

You'd be comfortable working on the gun yourself or bringing it to Bangalore? Please clarify.

If you are bringing it to Bangalore, ensure that you have a spare main-spring, piston washer and breech seal just in case these need replacing.

I do my work slowly, so don't plan on going back the same day.

If you would like to do this yourself, you will find this link useful - http://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdisplayp ... 51&cat=CFX

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:42 pm

jeetesh
Try this site it explain more about dieseling of spring guns .i hope it may help you

http://aimsportblog.com/index.php/?p=6

cheera
sankar
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------99.9% of the World's Gunners are 100% SAFE.Please do not ruin their reputation by being stupid or using guns in violence!!

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:15 pm

Nice one, Striker!

I had forgotten about, "When a spring gun diesels or when its new a trick to stop the dieseling is to shoot a heavy pellet and usually in 10 rounds or less it will go away. Assuming its a .177 caliber we’re talking a 10.5 gr., or in that range."

Worth a try pkjeetesh.

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:19 pm

Thanks Mack The Knife

cheers :-)
Sankar
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------99.9% of the World's Gunners are 100% SAFE.Please do not ruin their reputation by being stupid or using guns in violence!!

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:32 pm

Jeetesh, what pellets are you currently using?

pkjeetesh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pkjeetesh » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:16 am

thanks Mack The Knife and Striker...I have GAMO promagnums which are domeheads and would approximately weigh 10.5grains...did shoot with it before but found it to be inaccurate...currently im using GSmith .177 competition and P10...both pellets weigh only 8.179grains and I found the fit to be a little too easy...as against the other pellets manufactured by GSmith..like pointed and dome heads...these fit very tight but the skirt often gets sheared off...therefore totally discontinued using them...an IFG member Thirtha once suggested that I introduce two pellets in the sliding cavity of the rotating breech...the rear one can be used to push the subject pellet further into the bore in order to obtain a tight fit...will try this ...at least obtain an effective fit even with using one pellet, but not before trying out the heavier pellets...regarding disassembly of the gun...im just not qualified....in the event...I would be extremely grateful to you Mack The Knife, If you could help me out...just once and later I'll handle it by myself...and being a true hobbyist...I would not try to hurry things...No, I wont go back the same day...leave alone the gun...i'd like to learn a lot from you...

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:37 am

Can we watch the master working on the airgun.. we will not be too much of trouble. might just ask a few silly questions once in a while (you have the right to remain silent and not answer them.. but I have a strong gut feeling that you will answer all queries)

diskaon
klick klack..... diskaon

pkjeetesh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pkjeetesh » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:11 pm

uh...oh!