IHP "National" air rifles & pistols

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
R-Dhillon
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by R-Dhillon » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:14 pm

Just tried it with mine it does it too...hey TenX, dude can you teme sumthin 'bout using a 12 foot pounds somethin spring in an IHP .22??
"Say hello to my lil' friend"......

For Advertising mail webmaster
TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:39 pm

One thing I know is that replacing the spring in the IHP is a challenging job. We will require a car jack and a strong ledge etc. But as fas as using a 12 PSI pressure spring, I am unsure. All I suggest is to leave it alone, but will talk to a few friends who have experimented with such stuff, and give you a feedback soon...
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

icemanV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: IHP "National" air rifles & pistols

Post by icemanV » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:30 am

Hi Kitty,

I purchased a National 35B from Kovi shop for Rs.3900/- one week after you did. I guess the demand is shooting the rates up a little. I didnt bargain with Mr.Ganpathy, even though i knew it was 3150. He seems to be a very nice guy. I got one tin 0f 500 pellets with it.

Ice

I have shot 300 pellets through it. It is a good gun and i am very happy with it. I earlier had .22(Rs 1300) and .177(Rs.900) in other local make.(cant recollect the name).
I havent shot through any foriegn ones but for $90, this is really a good one for new guy like me to start with.

Tenx,

I am taking the papers to Mr.Krishna today.Hopefully he will accept.

Ice

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:38 pm

We usually come across people buying someting in US and converting them to Indian Rupees. In a very rare occurance, IcemanV bought something in India and converted them to US dollars...
Way to go :)

What happened to yout appointment?
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

icemanV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by icemanV » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:34 pm

Hi Tenx

ACCEPTED :D

Taking my Arms Licence helped.

I bought 2 tins of Gsmith Competetion. They are bit tightish going into the chamber(Is this as it should be). You have to turn them. Planning to return one tin.
One of the members had earlier posted something about using a round file to increase the chamber dia. Is this advisable or should i just go back to master shot.

Ice

ai

Post by ai » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:59 pm

G-Smith may have diffrent head sizes. In case there is a choice, consider that first. I don't use them so dont know, but if you can email them, they will tell. Address- [email protected]

icemanV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by icemanV » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:07 pm

Thanks ai will shoot the mail in the morning.
Ice

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:01 am

Sometimes the washers on the air rifle may be a bit tight. Many prefer this so tat there is no loss of air pressure on the pellet. If it sits loose, the air pumped in by the piston may escape thru the gaps.
Then again, if it is very tight, the washer may get spoilt soon. I hope you have a nice tight fit. (Not very tight fit)
Most pellets, especially GSmith are for a standard 0.177 and will not vary, considering the imported equipment thry have. However, certaon 0.177 pellets (like Finale Match) come in sizes of 4.48, 4.49. 4.50 etc with the smaller measures for newer guns and so on.
I dont think it should matter so much to you for now. But if you feel it is sitting very tight, please exchange. Also, do shoot a mail as AI mentioned and see how things go.

If you use a file, it may well damage the washer, and changing that is a headache. On the other hand, if you do it very well, it may improve. If you want to take your chances, its your shot.

And congrats on the membership. Welcome to KSRA :)
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

kitty
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kitty » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:04 am

Hi, Ice man.... congrats on your purchase..... and the price... its good because you got 500 pellets and I got 200 :-). I paid Rs 3750/- and yes the bill was given to Rs 3150/- only. Hey did you tesdt the acurecy from more than 10 mts...?

Hi tenX what is the effective range of this 35B IHP guns...?

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:47 am

Effective range should be about 35 mtrs / 100 ft.
But frankly, this can vary pretty much on the rifle, its power and accuracy and the pellets used. One can do pretty much of a zeroing in 10m, and the grouping sometimes varies drastically between rifles. The way the pellet sits, the recoil, and a whole lot of other factors go into this.
While buying, it is suggested to 'bench' as many rifles as you can, to see how accurate the grouping is, in 10 mtrs or so, and then make the call based on grouping, consistency and recoil, apart from finish of wood grains and action.
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

kitty
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kitty » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:05 am

HI tenX,

Can you guide me how to adjust the sights of rirel to shoot acuratly....?

yash3_great

Post by yash3_great » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:52 am

My experience has also been that the Gsmith pellets r very tight for an IHP both in .177 and .22 cal. I believe the reason is becuase the calibre of IHP rifles is not exact but a little less. At times the pellet is so tight that it gets damaged while inserting into the chamber.

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:11 pm

yash3_great";p="51554 wrote: My experience has also been that the Gsmith pellets r very tight for an IHP both in .177 and .22 cal. I believe the reason is becuase the calibre of IHP rifles is not exact but a little less. At times the pellet is so tight that it gets damaged while inserting into the chamber.
Never ever use pellets that are damaged, disfigured or as Yash says "...that it gets damaged while inserting...". This is 'Bhayankar Hanikar' to the rifle. Like I said earlier, there may be a small variation in the pellets (Not the rifle barrel), which is made for new to old guns.

kitty";p="51553 wrote: HI tenX,
Can you guide me how to adjust the sights of rirel to shoot acuratly....?
> If the shots go to 12 O'clock, move vertical adjustment clockwise.
> If the shots go to 6 O'clock, move vertical adjustment anti-clockwise.
> If the shots go to 3 O'clock, move horizontal adjustment clockwise.
> If the shots go to 9 O'clock, move horizontal adjustment anti-clockwise.
> For shots going to other angles, a combination of the horizontal and vertical adjustment is required. First make changes in the horizontal adjustment and get the shots in the line of 12 O'clock and 6 O'clock. Now make required vertical adjustments to score a medal winning match :)

Here is a greater detail of the sight adjustments:
Data:
Rear sight is the one that sits with the 'V' closer to the shooters eye; Fore-sight is the one that sits with the '|' on the tip of the barrel; No adjustments can be made generally for the fore-sight, unless there is a huge variation and the foresight needs to be filed.

Understanding the Theory:
There are two planes of adjusting the rifle (or pistol) sights. I shall try to be as de.scriptive without images.
The first is the vertical alignment (top-bottom line) which is controlled by the main (big) round knob directly on top of the center of the rear sight. By moving this clock-wise, the rear sight goes down, which in turn makes the pellet shoot lower. By moving this in an anti-clockwise direction, the rear sight moves up, which in turn makes the shooter aim with the fore-sight higher to adjust to the change in trajectory path, and the pellet shoots higher. The rear sight vertical adjustment knob has numbers and can be checked with the number of 'clicks' that one can feel while adjusting the same.
The second adjustment, which is the Horizontal adjustment (left-Right line) is got about by the side knobs of the rear sight. Some rear sights may have two knobs, one on either side, but the IHP has one to the right of the rear sight. You may need a screw-driver to make adjustments for this. There are no clicks provided in the IHP too. Moving the knob in a clock-wise direction, will in turn move the rear end of the rear sight to the LEFT. This will make the shooter aim a little to the left resulting in pellets going more to the left, and vice-versa (Anti-clockwise will result in pellets going to the right)

Adjusting the rear sight aperture:
Apart from this, some IHP guns have a small adjustment to change the rear sight view from 'V' to 'U' to 'v' or 'Џ'. To make this adjustment, slightly press the small spring based protrusion directly behind the 'V' and turn the small plate that projects out on the rear of the rear sight. This is a little hard to explain without a diagram, but is a small adjustment which a few seconds of curiosity and learning will make one perfect.

That is the basic theory part of the application.

Putting theory into Practice:
Now to put them into practical use, what a shooter should be advised is to shoot atleast 3 shoots on the target, without scoring. This gives a general direction of where the grouping is. Based on this, required corrections are to be made with a few clicks at a time, and another sighting of about three shots be made before making more sight changes. Once again the general changed grouping should be noted and required adequate clicks made in the rear sight.
> If the shots go to 12 O'clock, move vertical adjustment clockwise.
> If the shots go to 6 O'clock, move vertical adjustment anti-clockwise.
> If the shots go to 3 O'clock, move horizontal adjustment clockwise.
> If the shots go to 9 O'clock, move horizontal adjustment anti-clockwise.
> For shots going to other angles, a combination of the horizontal and vertical adjustment is required. First make changes in the horizontal adjustment and get the shots in the line of 12 O'clock and 6 O'clock. Now make required vertical adjustments to score a medal winning match :)

Note:
1. For some shooters, there will be a big change from 'benching' the gun, and from holding it. This is based on the shooters stance and grip.
2. Some rifles may shoot drrastically to the bottom, and the least setting of the rear-sight may not be helpful. For such situations, one will have to slightly file the fore sight, so that the shots come closer to the center. This adjustment has no CTRL-Z to it!!!
3. It is good for shooters to note the numerical changes of the main rear sight adjustment (vertical) between different distances. That way, the shooter can quickly make rear sight vertical changes by approximating the distance of the target, and get good accuracy from the first shot itself. (For example, if '3' is read for a 10 m target, and '9' is required for 20m, this can be memorized/recorded for quick adaptation.). This may not be same across different rifles.
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:00 pm

Hey Ten X,

Could we have the shooting manual that you've worked on. Its nice of you to to write such detailed stuff. But if ye had a soft copy...it might get easier.

Salutations,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:45 pm

Hi Dev.
My shooting manual is 'Still under construction' :(
....// (..) ),----/....