According to ISSF TV this is an "Air Rifle"

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
steyrshot
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: According to ISSF TV this is an "Air Rifle"

Post by steyrshot » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:26 am

Nice picture Mack The Knife ... yeah like that one :lol:
With regards,
Steyrshot
And he lifted his pistol as the crowds cheered ... the sights sharpened ... the target blurred ... the finger squeezed ... DAMN !!! forgot to load the silly thing again :oops: ... The crowd now looks the other way ... I wake up from my Nightmare !!! :D

For Advertising mail webmaster
steyrshot
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by steyrshot » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:58 am

Dear Grumpy
Yep i do agree with you, certain events .. actually most, the only expection being rapid fire, definately do get boring for spectators.

That is why efforts are being made to make the events more spectator friendly, the 10 shot final being the first step, live scoring and now the tv cameras and the added face cam etc... lot of ideas are still floating around.

But your point is still valid, about the only people enjoying the sport are the participants, even the parents are mostly there for moral support.

But that is the nature of certain games and sports, some people fall asleep at chess matches but others are busy calculating all the permutations and combinations of a move, the word "curling" or "billiards" puts my sister into a coma... its a personal thing.

Im a participant so my view is biased at best, but still to many people skeet and trap are exciting others find it highly repetitive.

The real excitement in these sports really comes in the finals of a major event when the country your cheering for is .3 behind the next on the second to last shot ... or a tie breaker ... but thats mostly patriotism, but still it brings out all the right feelings ... which is what sport is all about anyway .. the spirit of bringing people together through competition (even if you have to wake a few people up after the match is over) :lol:

PS : I wanna T-shirt too .... :( , the creeps didnt give me my uniform last year :evil:
Last edited by steyrshot on Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
With regards,
Steyrshot
And he lifted his pistol as the crowds cheered ... the sights sharpened ... the target blurred ... the finger squeezed ... DAMN !!! forgot to load the silly thing again :oops: ... The crowd now looks the other way ... I wake up from my Nightmare !!! :D

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:04 am

OK, now ease up - everyone!

Lets not have this discussion deteriorate into a childish game of name calling! What has brought all of us together here is our love of guns and/ or shooting.

Everyone has his/ her own opinions and is entitled to stick to them. So y'all agree to disagree and for now, let peace prevail...

You guys are welcome to take up cudgels on another discussion... but lets all be nice and not get personal!

Cheers!
Abhijeet

P.S. Umang, why don't you join us for the Delhi meet tomorrow?
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

steyrshot
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by steyrshot » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:39 am

Dear Abhijeet
Thanks for the invite, id love to come and finally meet some of you face to face ... unfortunately things are a little hectic right now.

Im trying to balance work and training and it usually leaves time for just sleep ... training in the morning, work - off at 5.30 and straight back to the range till 10 -10.30 in the evening is a normal day.

Plus my sisters getting married next month ...so there is usually tons of chores to get done in between that ... perhaps we can meet up on another day or at one of the ranges sometime.

If your free on the 24th of this month my old alumni is getting together for our annual inter school skeet/trap grudge matches at the Jindal range near greater noida ... we can shoot a few clays then, after the matches are over.

If your trap or skeet needs brushing up then u can pick up some pointers from Zoravar Singh or Aarti Singh Rao since they will be there, and they are just back from an international camp so im sure theyve picked up stuff wed love to hear :lol:
With regards,
Steyrshot

steyrshot
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by steyrshot » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:21 am

Dear Mehul
We may differ on almost everything else, perhaps it arises from our differences in what we expect from shooting ... however all things aside id still love to share those kebabs with you, and go over your gun collection. 8)

PS : Can we invite mehul too ... he still owes me that toffee :D
With regards,
Steyrshot

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:08 pm

This is INDEED getting tedious! And I am therefore locking this thread!

It pains me to note that my advice for restraint has gone unheeded - and I will be deleting several of the posts from this thread as I fail to see how a frivolous argument like this can be of value to anyone!

EVERYONE - In future PLEASE exercise restraint, everyone is entitled to their world view and do note that the REASON why we have an ISSF sport section is BECAUSE these sports are enjoyed by many shooters.

penpusher & Mehul, you are both mods and need to conduct yourself with more restraint than others.

Umang - in the online world, it pays to have a thicker skin and not get needled so easily.

This discussion is now officially closed.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein