Additional barrel meaning clarify

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Additional barrel meaning clarify

Post by eljefe » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:49 pm

Shooterlike wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:47 am
Vikram wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:45 pm
Shooterlike wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:55 am
sure as of now im not in home town and my license is there so give me a week, but before that, arent blaser r8 and thompson all are switch barrels with 3006 and 22 barrels,kindly clarify
There are many models that allow switching barrels. Barrels from different cartridge groups (short, medium,long) can be swapped by changing the bolt head. However, to my knowledge, there are no models that allow changing from rim fire to centre fire barrels and vice versa.

.22LR is a tiny rim fire cartridge compared to centre fire cartridges such as the .30-06.

1.jpg
hi , i understand your experience and exposure to fire arms, i ve been using them for only 4 or 5 years now, ive shot both the rounds( a fan of elley 10x n 22 and lapula). out of curousity snt blaser r8 interchangable by changing the firing pn assembly in the bolt housing, try searching for r8 with conversion kit

https://www.mialls.com.au/wp-content/up ... System.pdf
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

For Advertising mail webmaster
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:02 pm

An interchangeable caliber rifle does not mean one needs to carry a mini gunsmith kit around on the hunt.
Changing or removing a firing pin on some models is more painful than bug*3ry!
A changeable caliber will usually have interrupted thread on the receiver and receiver end barrel which is unlocked by an Allen Key, barrel removed.
New barrel threaded in place. Locked. If bolt face needs to be changed, it is screwed out and the new size put in. Most times, magazines are common, something like a .416 Dakota /.375 Switch barrel combo, ( Which I have personal experience with) flows effortlessly. Other calibers may need mag box to be removed and the appropriate one fitted.
Ralf Martini in Canada comes to mind. He does a great job on Heym actioned switch barrel combo. But a .30-06 and .22LR request would be a bit, daunting, even to him. Expect many zeros

https://martinigunmakers.com/
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Shooterlike
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Shooterlike » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:22 pm

eljefe wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:49 pm
Shooterlike wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:47 am
Vikram wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:45 pm

There are many models that allow switching barrels. Barrels from different cartridge groups (short, medium,long) can be swapped by changing the bolt head. However, to my knowledge, there are no models that allow changing from rim fire to centre fire barrels and vice versa.

.22LR is a tiny rim fire cartridge compared to centre fire cartridges such as the .30-06.

1.jpg
hi , i understand your experience and exposure to fire arms, i ve been using them for only 4 or 5 years now, ive shot both the rounds( a fan of elley 10x n 22 and lapula). out of curousity snt blaser r8 interchangable by changing the firing pn assembly in the bolt housing, try searching for r8 with conversion kit

https://www.mialls.com.au/wp-content/up ... System.pdf
love the weaapon, only thing not to lke about it s the cost....
well to be accurate the cost that renowned shooter says they expect 100% profit..
you should know the import prce from google itself
the market cost of such beauty s nothing less than 8 lakhs for an unused import
thats just the begining and that could go upto 17 based upon th greed only

Shooterlike
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Shooterlike » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:30 pm

well that luck s sure tough, and that is why im seekng guidance here
i was hoping if some renowned shooter would help me out by selling t to me at a reasonable price, thats a lot to ask but sure i would be a renowned shooter soon and repay the favour

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:22 pm

Thanks for posting that link, Winnie. I did know that it existed.

Shooterlike, I take back my words. I should have looked more thoroughly. Good luck finding one.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:51 pm

The people who issued you the license have no clue what a firearm is all about. These Babus never fail to surprise me. there are a few handguns which allow this conversion like Thomson Contender and Janz but then that's not possible for you to obtain with your license. Request them to rewrite clarifying it as two separate fire arms if you can.

Marksman

Shooterlike
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Shooterlike » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:54 pm

Vikram wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:22 pm

Thanks for posting that link, Winnie. I did know that it existed.

Shooterlike, I take back my words. I should have looked more thoroughly. Good luck finding one.
those are big words yaar, no need to appologize, after all gnorance is bliss, coz once you know, you cant sleep without getting the gun

Shooterlike
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Shooterlike » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:56 pm

marksman wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:51 pm
The people who issued you the license have no clue what a firearm is all about. These Babus never fail to surprise me. there are a few handguns which allow this conversion like Thomson Contender and Janz but then that's not possible for you to obtain with your license. Request them to rewrite clarifying it as two separate fire arms if you can.

Marksman
tried that, but i'm sure you would have known what their answer was