A new baby born... Made in India Glock?

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Can we buy Glock in INDIA

Post by veeveeaar » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:41 am

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:Glock, Beretta etc is still a dream for Indians. Once I Heard that one desert eagle was sold in Punjab in approx 45 Lakhs. Don't Know its fact or Not.
Then you must have a armed guard to safeguard that 45 lakh weapon. :D :D :D

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:16 pm

veeveeaar wrote:
Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:Glock, Beretta etc is still a dream for Indians. Once I Heard that one desert eagle was sold in Punjab in approx 45 Lakhs. Don't Know its fact or Not.
Then you must have a armed guard to safeguard that 45 lakh weapon. :D :D :D
That's in fact a good idea. Buy an expensive pistol/Weapon and also request for Addition of Weapon in the AL for the protection of the previous.. :) :) :) :) :)
Regards

Shivaji

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:01 pm

Good question. A Glock 17 or 19 would probably command a pretty hefty price. But what about Glock 32? I saw it listed on a seller's website sometime back. It chambers 357 sig which is not available in India, so, I am guessing the price would still be manageable. Of course, someone will need to be renowned shot to get the ammo but a status import might work as well.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:13 pm

partheus wrote:Good question. A Glock 17 or 19 would probably command a pretty hefty price. But what about Glock 32? I saw it listed on a seller's website sometime back. It chambers 357 sig which is not available in India, so, I am guessing the price would still be manageable. Of course, someone will need to be renowned shot to get the ammo but a status import might work as well.
Last I heard prices of .357 Sig Glock with a spare .22 barrel set was going for INR 35 L in Delhi (2 years or so back), but then just a few weeks back I heard of someone demanding INR 50 L for a Glock in .380 (no spare barrel).

This despite the overall prices of guns having gone down in the past couple of years (as very few fresh licenses are being issued).

Ergo, there is no "real" ballpark price, just based on how desperate the buyer is and how good a negotiator the seller is...

Even if someone can afford it, I've always suggested buying reasonably priced guns and spending the money saved on shooting ammunition at the range.

After all a gun isn't a talisman that will magically protect you! You need to spend time and money on practice to become proficient in its use.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:25 pm

mundaire wrote:
partheus wrote:Good question. A Glock 17 or 19 would probably command a pretty hefty price. But what about Glock 32? I saw it listed on a seller's website sometime back. It chambers 357 sig which is not available in India, so, I am guessing the price would still be manageable. Of course, someone will need to be renowned shot to get the ammo but a status import might work as well.
Last I heard prices of .357 Sig Glock with a spare .22 barrel set was going for INR 35 L in Delhi (2 years or so back), but then just a few weeks back I heard of someone demanding INR 50 L for a Glock in .380 (no spare barrel).

This despite the overall prices of guns having gone down in the past couple of years (as very few fresh licenses are being issued).

Ergo, there is no "real" ballpark price, just based on how desperate the buyer is and how good a negotiator the seller is...

Even if someone can afford it, I've always suggested buying reasonably priced guns and spending the money saved on shooting ammunition at the range.

After all a gun isn't a talisman that will magically protect you! You need to spend time and money on practice to become proficient in its use.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Good lord! Agreed, why buy a gun I'd rather die trying to protect :D By the by, any suggestions that might work in place?

Thanks!

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:45 am

There are plenty of options available at a fraction of the above prices, it would be best to contact your local dealers to see what they have available and at what asking prices.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

dheeraj_1772
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

A new baby born... Made in India Glock?

Post by dheeraj_1772 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:16 am

Dear All,
A new baby born ..

Does anyone have any information about it ..

Attaching a bite from local newspaper..

Regards,
CE43088E-424E-495F-93B6-5596E27179BA.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ashwin2769
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: A new baby born...

Post by ashwin2769 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:37 pm

Interesting..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

WhoCantBeNamed
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by WhoCantBeNamed » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:06 pm

I came here to enquire about the exact same thing, but you beat me to it.

Shabbu9x9
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Shabbu9x9 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:28 pm

Good news for INDIAN :cheers:

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:12 pm

Is it verified news?
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Jr.
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Jr. » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:30 pm

Though this is a Pistol.
I doubt they can make anything smaller than the Revolver by North American Arms.
Fantastic innovation popular in .22 Long and .22 Magnum.
.380 will have a Recoil which will require a reasonable sized Pistol.
Or it will be impractical to shoot.

Regards,
Jr.

Sam Kunal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Sam Kunal » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:39 am

Any information about expected price ?

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true