Which rifle has more lethality ?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Which rifle has more lethality ?

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:24 pm

pm40909 wrote:Thanks Shivaji. But do we easily find aprop fitting pellets for Aarmr .22
Because of this Legality hassle I have not Purchased any pellet in last and and half years. before that it was freely available. Right now also the pellets will be available with most of the dealers but they may ask for a valid license for selling the pellets.

Its a confusing situation every where. There is no provision of air rifle licence as of now as the class is called as fire arms license and the police station also do not want to take a deposit of Air rifles due to lack of space.
Regards

Shivaji

For Advertising mail webmaster
Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:26 pm

Vikram wrote:
pm40909 wrote:Also, Sir I am getting .22 Aarmr for Rs 16500/- in Dehradun and that too without bill. I feel he is charging considerably in excess.
Could you please advise on that.
Thanks
That is because a .22 air rifle is considered a firearm under the new rules and requires license to possess.The dealer is not only breaking the law, he is making a good profit on the deal. Remember, ignorance of law is no excuse in the court.
I completely agree with Vikram.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

pm40909
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pm40909 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:47 pm

Thanks Basu sir. Regards

dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dalvipravin » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:07 am

pm40909 wrote:Thanks, then I feel I should try to be contended with my .177 460 mag. Thanks Shivaji once again. Regards
Firstly .22 is not legal without license ...so don't risk it

Secondly you have a German beauty with you , Diana 460 mag is one of the most powerful Springer in .177 by Diana .And ideally above 20jules if manufactured and imported by 2016...later models am not sure if come detuned in India

I can bet D460 will surely be more accurate than Aarmar in .22 at longer ranges... I do have one as well ..

Cheers
Pravin

pm40909
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pm40909 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:28 am

Yes Pravin ji, mine is Diana 2016 model w/o mention of RWS, very very accurate and powerful. Though the carton mention power less than 20joules, but it certainly is much much more powerful, atleast 50% certainly more than NX 100 o same calibre.
Maybe to avoid some duties/ custom regulations, they deliberately have printed lesser energy level, otherwise people like me would not buy that.

But, .22 calibre is just a desire to add into variety. And being in defence, in considerably open cantt and remote locations, I don't foresee any risk.
Regards

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:36 pm

This is My Question to all the members.
1. What is the status of Licensing for .22 Air Rifle.
2. Who already have a weapon, what is the process for them.
3. Is there any Separate form for .22 Air Rifle to apply for Licensing.
4. As per the Police station, They do not want to take deposit of .22 AR as they do not have space for the same. and more over they do not aware for the process to apply for a new license.
5. What will be the process for purchase of Pellets.

I Frankly use both my .22 for pest control in our farm b.coz with .177 it will just wasting of pellets. May be .177 is good for Sports and target practice but for us in a rural area .177 is useless and same is for 12G shots using in pest control. wastage of money.

With all my respect towards the law and legal restrictions, .22 is freely used in rural areas for Fishing, Pest control, crop protection etc.
( Unfortunately we do not have easy access to .25 .30 Cal AR or Air Arrows so best option is .22) which is not possible with a .177.
Regards

Shivaji

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:32 pm

about "lethality" - this rifle
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27183

may kill small hunting pray to 100-150 m easy!

shoot to 150 m

and stop trolling me with your slaughter rifles .177 from which you kill elephants leopards hippos anacondas and beer bottle

pm40909
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pm40909 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:31 am

Perhaps the wrongly selected word in a forum like this has created a furore. Ideally the 'impact' would have been the ideal word in lieu of 'lethality' for an air rifle.

Notwithstanding, thanks Shivaji for the info shared.
Regards

pm40909
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pm40909 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:12 am

Shivaji,
As far as .22 is concerned, almost all Indian coys have stopped manufacturing it, less on or two.
Majority shopkeepers are not attempting to take it in their stock. Even those who have, some are asking for letter from DM, or SDM atleast.
Some dealers that hold .22 keep only very Ltd in stock and sell in excess price. Varying between 11000 - 20000 for aarmr.
Consequently, the good quality pellets are not easily available in local shops for .22.
There is no sale .22ar online also.
Even for foreign ones, they are in black ranging 1.3 to 1.6 Lacs.
For ordering new ones from abroad through keihberg, you need to have membership of NRAI or other national level federation in .22 specifically.
This I could realise after personally speaking/ visiting maj dealers in Delhi, Sahibabad, Dehradun and Meerut in last few months.
There are more reservations in envt on selling them further.

Regards

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:16 pm

pm40909 wrote:Shivaji,
As far as .22 is concerned, almost all Indian coys have stopped manufacturing it, less on or two.
Majority shopkeepers are not attempting to take it in their stock. Even those who have, some are asking for letter from DM, or SDM atleast.
Some dealers that hold .22 keep only very Ltd in stock and sell in excess price. Varying between 11000 - 20000 for aarmr.
Consequently, the good quality pellets are not easily available in local shops for .22.
For ordering new ones from abroad through keihberg, you need to have membership of NRAI or other national level federation in .22 specifically.
This I could realise after personally speaking/ visiting maj dealers in Delhi, Sahibabad, Dehradun and Meerut in last few months.

Regards
Sir if you need normal air rifle (not toy in 177) better then you may doing ,give a license in police and import PCP in 6.35 or 7 mm caliber with 70 or 100 j
About pellets - buy "cast bullets" staff
lead - many in old auto battery
1-2 day working on holiday and you have 1 year fund pellets

Many PCP have adapter to auto pump)))) and not big deal recharging you pcp weapon

pm40909
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pm40909 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:36 pm

Thanks.

guru050
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by guru050 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:12 am

russianshooter3 wrote:

Regards
Sir if you need normal air rifle (not toy in 177) better then you may doing ,give a license in police and import PCP in 6.35 or 7 mm caliber with 70 or 100 j

Many PCP have adapter to auto pump)))) and not big deal recharging you pcp weapon
Hi russianshooter3,

its good idea. when i was developing custom made PCP for my self, i used this technique to make slugs, its cheap and best and u can control weight and size of the slugs. But present condition in India we can use only .177 with 15 ftlb without fire arms license.

Presently i am using G smith High Impact 0.22,High Impact 0.177 and Precipell Round Pellets 0.177 for my PCP's.
I live in rural area and my use of AR is for Pest Control only.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:28 pm

Regards

Your Points are Right but still my question remains same.

What is the process for applying a .22 Air rifle..
or if not then is there any one who deposited the weapons in the police station and get a receipt for the same..

Added in 6 minutes 1 second:
russianshooter3 wrote:

Regards

I will not take that pain Bro..

My bow arrow and Darts are equally effective and cost saving as well. Highly reusable and I can shot down any dammm Vermin. Big or Small......... :) :) :) :)

Here in Rural areas have no restriction with Bow arrow and darts
Regards

Shivaji

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:25 am

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:

I will not take that pain Bro..

My bow arrow and Darts are equally effective and cost saving as well. Highly reusable and I can shot down any dammm Vermin. Big or Small......... :) :) :) :)

Here in Rural areas have no restriction with Bow arrow and darts
Sir in this section we discuss air rifle,not bow darts and arrows :D

Added in 37 minutes 33 seconds:
About lethality - russian vacuum crossbow "pilenok"

to 50 m - 2 mm steel hole with crossbow bolt

HairyTrigger
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by HairyTrigger » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:50 pm

russianshooter3 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:58 pm