Which spring is best and powerful for vx100

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Srsunnyk
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Which spring is best and powerful for vx100

Post by Srsunnyk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:29 am

Which sprig is best and powerfull for vx100,and how to improve more power for vx100

For Advertising mail webmaster
Anupam Goswami
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Which spring is best and powerful for vx100

Post by Anupam Goswami » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:44 am

Srsunnyk wrote:Which sprig is best and powerfull for vx100,and how to improve more power for vx100

Hi,

All the seasoned shooters here, and especially vsraja, will have, strong (and well justified, both scientifically and practically) views on this query of yours.

The air pressure on the skirt of a pellet (usually measured in psi or bar), depends more on the volume of the air swept by the piston rather than the velocity at which the said volume of air is swept.

In simplified terms, rather than opting for a more powerful spring, divert your attention towards increasing the receiver tube’s (the tube in which your spring and piston resides) volume. With appropriate tools, materials and an enterprising attitude, I believe, it should not be an overtly complicated job, provided that you have enough patience for a trial and error approach (unless of course, if you paid enough attention to fluid dynamics in school. In that case, you should be able to achieve the desired results in a single try).

Cheers!

P.S. I plan to do this to my SX100 Pegasus in not so distant future.

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:24 am

It needs only an optimum compression force from the spring for a given compression area of swept volume.Indian guns have less swept volume and hence you will get less improvement in power with a huge increase in spring power. Instead it also increase the vibration and recoil and also put more pressure on trigger mechanism.Also you need to change the seal and spring more often than the normal conditions.So if you need consistency and accuracy with Less damage to internal mechanism, you need to consider these side effects also.Hence the increased power is very little to bear with those huge side effects.
With regards,
vsraja

bandukbhandar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by bandukbhandar » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:04 pm

Precihole themselves can supply the best spring for their VX-100 air rifles.

Maroon_d3vil
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Maroon_d3vil » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:22 pm

vsraja wrote:It needs only an optimum compression force from the spring for a given compression area of swept volume.Indian guns have less swept volume and hence you will get less improvement in power with a huge increase in spring power. Instead it also increase the vibration and recoil and also put more pressure on trigger mechanism.Also you need to change the seal and spring more often than the normal conditions.So if you need consistency and accuracy with Less damage to internal mechanism, you need to consider these side effects also.Hence the increased power is very little to bear with those huge side effects.
:agree:
You can alter internals but then you have to bear the cons. My VX100 settle for around 700+fps. And I feel that is fair enough. For more power you can switch to SDB Artemis or AARMR hurricane. My experience with precihole rifles is that they have out of the box precision and not high power. And that seems to be fair enough. So using precihole spring will be the best you can do.

https://www.preciholesports.com/store.h ... y=24568014

Regards,
Maroon_d3vil
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun". -- The Dalai Lama

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:27 pm

I agree what maroon said.
Precihole guns are of medium power with good accuracy.
After 1500-2000 shots VX tends to settle at 9-9.5 ftlbs with good accuracy.
I think there is hardly any difference between SX n NX.
9 ftlbs is sweet enough to enjoy.
My GenNex delivers 7.5 ft lbs and it is sweetest.
And Anupam once you have Artemis at 13+ftlbs you have other option ready.
Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

Maroon_d3vil
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Maroon_d3vil » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:27 am

Had gone to indoor shooting range with my friend yesterday. Took my VX100 with me. I am not into target sport shooting, just a plinker and often like to visit range. I got the following result with a mix of precipell flat head and pointed head pellets:

The coach and the budding shooters out there using NX100 club elite appreciated the results and the rifle (me being novice on target paper :lol: ). My VX100 is around 500-600 shots old. It will be an year old by this March! Couldn't get much time to spend with it as compared to my NX100 polaris. But I feel its worth every single penny spent! No tuning no alteration and the result is in front.

Regards,
Maroon_d3vil
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun". -- The Dalai Lama

Maroon_d3vil
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Maroon_d3vil » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:25 pm

Yesterday's grouping with precipell sting. No flatheads in my stock! :lol: Will order some now :)

Maroon_d3vil

Srsunnyk
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

G smith main spring 35 is it suitable for vx 100spartan. ?????

Post by Srsunnyk » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:35 pm

Hiii,G smith main spring 35,is it suitable for vx100.And how to change it ??

partha1235
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by partha1235 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:34 pm

I bought a Gsmith model 27 spring, grounded its ends and used it in my vx100 spartan without the top hat for 200 shots. Then the spring settled down and I inserted the top hat. I shot about 2000 shots with harsh diseling and then the spring broke. Maybe it will last forever without diselling. Gsmith model 27 gives you 100 fps more than Precihole spring. I can hit an electric post from 200 meters. Model 35 doesn't fit inside Precihole piston. Maybe next time I will drill the piston and fit the model 35 spring for max power.

shahzanms
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by shahzanms » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:23 pm

After how many shots should i replace the spring on precihole vx 100? Also is it possible to add nx100 nitro piston to a vx100, Is there any added advantage by doing so?

Sent from my AC2001 using Tapatalk

Bishop
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bishop » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:13 pm

shahzanms wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:23 pm
After how many shots should i replace the spring on precihole vx 100? Also is it possible to add nx100 nitro piston to a vx100, Is there any added advantage by doing so?

Sent from my AC2001 using Tapatalk
You can upgrade your VX100 to nitropiston.Only thing you'll notice is smoother shot cycle.No gain in power.I'd recommend you to lighten the piston a bit and use a powerful spring like Gsmith model 27 with light moly coating to the moving parts.

veejosh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by veejosh » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:01 am

partha1235 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:34 pm
Gsmith model 27 gives you 100 fps more than Precihole spring. I can hit an electric post from 200 meters. Model 35
What’s wrong with me?? I find it hitting 100 mtrs with a 460 magnum Diana difficult and here people are hitting 200 mts with poor springs. Could I get to know the practice methodology for it.
Thanks in anticipation.

Djanko
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Djanko » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:48 am

200 meters is doable,my SDB SPORTS crosses that in .22.Impact force will be about 75 mtrs but for ego and satisfaction it glides over a long distance.On perfectly windless days I can see the pellets arching through my hawke vantage scope. :D

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:19 pm

veejosh wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:01 am
partha1235 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:34 pm
Gsmith model 27 gives you 100 fps more than Precihole spring. I can hit an electric post from 200 meters. Model 35
What’s wrong with me?? I find it hitting 100 mtrs with a 460 magnum Diana difficult and here people are hitting 200 mts with poor springs. Could I get to know the practice methodology for it.
Thanks in anticipation.
460 is capable of generating more than 15 ft lbs of energy.
To conform the Indian law they use softer spring.
The softer spring provide excellent shooting comfort.
Always remember that there is always a trade off between accuracy & power.
If you use harder spring then you may have to compromise in accuracy.

SDB Sport is capable of generating close to 13 ft lbs of energy in .22.
I had one.
In .177 it may generate close to 12 ft lbs.
But it is best at 10 ft lbs.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............