My New IOF .22 Rifle

Posts related to rifles.
Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

My New IOF .22 Rifle

Post by Anand » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:52 pm

Hello all,
Here is my IOF .22 Rifle that I bought from a friend that has not used it much(if at all). I did not get it this way. I had it modified to my taste. The new stock is by Afzal Khan Saab of Karimnagar.

The Rifle mods include:
1. The replacement of the original IOF sights with a CZ front sight adjustable for elevation and an Italian rear sight, adjustable for windage and
elevation.
2. The Rifle's original paint job was durable but not to my liking and so I had it blued.
3. The bolt handle has been lengthened with a little "kick up" for easy cycling.
4. The original IOF magazine housing and 10 round mag have been replaced with a CZ housing and 5 shot mag.
5. Bolt cycling-smoothening, trigger work, mag and cartridge feeding and ejecting and deburring and polishing.

All the Metal work was done by Mr.Marc Campos of Guns and Tackle, Trimulgherry, Secunderabad. The Stock as received had a polish, but I had that refinished to a matt oil finish and was done by Venkatesh, Marc's carpenter and handyman.
Some Pics:
DSC06184.JPG
DSC06192.JPG
DSC06177.JPG
DSC06175.JPG
Anand
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Anand on Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Rover solomon
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: My New IOF .22 Rifle

Post by Rover solomon » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:38 pm

Nice work
Well done

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:37 pm

Hello all,
Here is my IOF .22 Rifle that I bought from a friend that has not used it much(if at all). I did not get it this way. I had it modified to my taste. The new stock is by Afzal Khan Saab of Karimnagar.

The Rifle mods include:
1. The replacement of the original IOF sights with a CZ front sight adjustable for elevation and an Italian rear sight, adjustable for windage and
elevation.
2. The Rifle's original paint job was durable but not to my liking and so I had it blued.
3. The bolt handle has been lengthened with a little "kick up" for easy cycling.
4. The original IOF magazine housing and 10 round mag have been replaced with a CZ housing and 5 shot mag.
5. Bolt cycling-smoothening, trigger work, mag and cartridge feeding and ejecting and deburring and polishing.

All the Metal work was done by Mr.Marc Campos of Guns and Tackle, Trimulgherry, Secunderabad. The Stock as received had a polish, but I had that refinished to a matt oil finish and was done by Venkatesh, Marc's carpenter and handyman.

The Million dollar Question is '' HOW MUCH DID IT COST YOU ''. Why is that all forum members do not post the cost of such modifications.

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:58 pm

Hi,
The Rifle cost -Rs.35,000 (2008 Make)+Rs.65,000 all other stuff(inclusive of GST).
Anand

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:38 pm

Hi Anand- that is a great looking .22 and one of the most practical firearms to own and shoot in India. I’ve spent years reading and admiring Mack’s .22 thread. Have you managed to shoot it yet? Would love to see how the IOF 22 groups from the bench.

Biren
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Biren » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:55 pm

Here i endorse AgentDouble that .22 is most practical firearm to own and shoot in India... except least thrilling among the calibre available:) Anand you did the most practical thing and results are g8.. beautiful .. please post the groups.

Cheers
Biren

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:04 pm

Anand,
That looks very nice. Your gunsmith did a great job.
As Biren says, it is the most practical firearm to own in India and most other places. While most people consider a .22 LR firearm to be only usable at short distances, it can be very challenging to make longer distance shots with 22. Once you get familiar with the trajectory of the cartridge, it is fun to shoot out to 200 yards or so and really test your marksmanship.
While I have a few firearms, i have more .LR firearms than anything else and I shoot more .22 LR ammunition than anything else.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:50 pm

The Rifle cost -Rs.35,000 (2008 Make)+Rs.65,000 all other stuff(inclusive of GST).
Anand

Thank you Mr.ANAND. This will be of great guidance to many members.
by the way How many days did this take to be completed.??

shooter50
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shooter50 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:32 am

An excellent gunsmith job. Congratulations

Sam Kunal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Sam Kunal » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:28 am

An excellent job on the rifle..It has become more beautiful now.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:03 am

Nicely done, my compliments to Marc ( cauvery-cowboy ), he's done a great job! :)
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:13 pm

Thanks Shooter50, Sam Kunal and Abhijeet,
There are other rifles(not mine) Marc has worked on, and they are really nice. I have been bugging him to put them up on his website, but he is busy.
Anand

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:12 pm

Anand wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:13 pm
Thanks Shooter50, Sam Kunal and Abhijeet,
There are other rifles(not mine) Marc has worked on, and they are really nice. I have been bugging him to put them up on his website, but he is busy.
Anand
I've seen some photos of iof .30-06 and .22's on their site, nice work indeed! :)
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Khris
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: CONGRATULATIONS, HOPE I GET A DECENT ONE TOO

Post by Khris » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:38 pm

New IOF. 22 Rifle is looking good, congratulations. I'm also planning to purchase a decent one, hopefully I get to display soon :-)

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: CONGRATULATIONS, HOPE I GET A DECENT ONE TOO

Post by Vikram » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:12 pm

Khris wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:38 pm
New IOF. 22 Rifle is looking good, congratulations. I'm also planning to purchase a decent one, hopefully I get to display soon :-)
Good luck with it.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."