IOF Ashani: Slide gets stuck after one shot

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
sfcabhishek
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

IOF Ashani: Slide gets stuck after one shot

Post by sfcabhishek » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:12 pm

Hello,

My IOF Ashani's slide gets stuck after one shot irrespective of with or without bullets. The slide gets shift forward a little after the shot. I have to hit the rear end of slide with a harder object a little to reload again. Without which i am not able to load not matter how hard i try to load it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best,
Abhishek
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Re: IOF Ashani: Slide gets stuck after one shot

Post by Vineet » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:38 am

sfcabhishek wrote:I have to hit the rear end of slide with a harder object a little to reload again.
Don't do this. This could be fatal. Get your pistol inspected by a good gunsmith.

One reason could be that an empty cartridge case has been broken inside the chamber and is struck there. These days a lot of people come to my shop with the problem that the new cartridge is not being chambered into the pistol. On inspection we find that the cartridge case has broken inside the chamber and half of the case has been ejected and the other half is struck inside the chamber causing the blockage for the next round.

Looks like the current batch of cartridges are made of somewhat weak case.
sfcabhishek wrote:slide gets stuck after one shot irrespective of with or without bullets.
If the slide is not going forward without the cartridges then it's not the broken case in the chamber. It could be barrel buldge or some other part of the pistol is damaged.

Whatever it is, don't fiddle with your pistol with live rounds in it, don't fire it till the problem is solved and get your pistol checked by a competent gunsmith.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

sks76239
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sks76239 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:33 am

Since the slide is not moving into battery even without the ammo, I don't suspect dirty chamber to be an issue. Try cleaning the slide rails and inspect barrel, rails to check if it is not bent up due to manufacturing defect or improper use. How much effort do you have put to push the slide into battery? If very little, maybe you have a weak spring. Best path forward is to take the pistol to gunsmith.

sfcabhishek
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sfcabhishek » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:44 am

Thanks Vineet !

sfcabhishek
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sfcabhishek » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:07 pm

sks76239 wrote:Since the slide is not moving into battery even without the ammo, I don't suspect dirty chamber to be an issue. Try cleaning the slide rails and inspect barrel, rails to check if it is not bent up due to manufacturing defect or improper use. How much effort do you have put to push the slide into battery? If very little, maybe you have a weak spring. Best path forward is to take the pistol to gunsmith.
No matter how much effort you put, it doesn't moves. I have hit the rear end with a hard object a little and then it loads smoothly but after pulling the trigger, the slide get stuck again

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:43 pm

same problems in many pistols get it examined from expert.It is risk to keep pistol with bullet stuck.if there is gurantee period get it repaired from ordnace people they have good experts.