SAVAGE PISTOL U.S.A. 7.65 MM

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
asifalikhanasif
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

SAVAGE PISTOL U.S.A. 7.65 MM

Post by asifalikhanasif » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:07 pm

Hello Everyone out there posting a few snaps of my .32 SAVAGE PISTOL U.S.A. model.
In the month of Feb-18, i sold out my Smith & Wesson 2" Barrel Revolver & since then i was searching for a Pistol, under my Budget.
now yesterday after a long time of near about 8-months, i got this one.
rite after purchasing the Pistol, i fired 5-rounds on a wall from the distance of 30-meters & surprisingly bullet penetrates more than a Inch deep into the brick & broke that badly.

i'm very much happy with the pistol & the performance.

Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by asifalikhanasif on Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: SAVAGE PISTOL U.S.A. 7.65 MM

Post by xl_target » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:07 am

It looks like a Savage Model 1907.
Production stopped in 1920 (for the .32 cal version).
It's amazing that it has survived all these years in such good shape.
The original grips were made out of Gutta-Percha. Someone did a decent job with the wood replacement grips.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:34 pm

Smith in 2" barrel is highly priced than this Savage pistol. Sorry to say but you downgraded instead of upgrading.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

asifalikhanasif
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by asifalikhanasif » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:49 pm

hi Vineet,

yes, i know that S&W has more priced then Savage, but i've decided to sell Smith because felt some problem in last couple of years.
but still i'm happy with savage.
we would appreciate if you can get arranged a spare 10 rnd magazine.
please advise.
thanks.

ofbiro
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ofbiro » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:30 pm

Dear Colleague,

It is rather dangerous to shoot to hard surfaces, specially at close range. Bullet or target fragments ricochet with unpredictable trajectories.
It is better to use wet paper (old telephone books, or some specially hated school books).

vivekgarg
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vivekgarg » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:23 pm

Congratulations! for your Savage Pistol.
I had used this pistol in past. One drawback of this pistol is that it needs high power and strong hold to pull the SLIDE while loading the first bullet into chamber. However, once you start firing you get a very smooth experience.

asifalikhanasif
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by asifalikhanasif » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:34 pm

ofbiro wrote:Dear Colleague,

It is rather dangerous to shoot to hard surfaces, specially at close range. Bullet or target fragments ricochet with unpredictable trajectories.
It is better to use wet paper (old telephone books, or some specially hated school books).
Thanks for the advise brother.
will keep this thing in mind, when shoot in future.
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." - The God Father

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:55 pm

For magazine kindly contact me on my mobile no. or PM me your no.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

asifalikhanasif
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by asifalikhanasif » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:02 pm

vivekgarg wrote:Congratulations! for your Savage Pistol.
I had used this pistol in past. One drawback of this pistol is that it needs high power and strong hold to pull the SLIDE while loading the first bullet into chamber. However, once you start firing you get a very smooth experience.
you are absolutely right dear vivekgarg,
it's really hard to get pulled the slide & load first cartridge into the chamber,
but overall i like this hardness. because everybody who have a gun in possession, had the same experience that kids, friends & family members, who doesn't know any thing about the guns, started pulling the slide & try to load the gun immediately, once they have such weapon in their hands,
so that kind of hardness with Savage Pistols keep such persons away to make any nonsense.

Added in 28 minutes 25 seconds:
xl_target wrote:It looks like a Savage Model 1907.
Production stopped in 1920 (for the .32 cal version).
It's amazing that it has survived all these years in such good shape.
The original grips were made out of Gutta-Percha. Someone did a decent job with the wood replacement grips.
Dear xl_target
shop owner told me that original grips have been purchased in USA by her sister @ 35 $ &
in the month of December her mother is going there to meet their daughter & in return in January, she will carry the grips with her.
so i'm waiting for January to replace wooden grips to Original Gutta-Percha.
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." - The God Father

vivekgarg
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vivekgarg » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:47 pm

asifalikhanasif wrote:
vivekgarg wrote:Congratulations! for your Savage Pistol.
you are absolutely right dear vivekgarg,
it's really hard to get pulled the slide & load first cartridge into the chamber,
but overall i like this hardness. because everybody who have a gun in possession, had the same experience that kids, friends & family members, who doesn't know any thing about the guns, started pulling the slide & try to load the gun immediately, once they have such weapon in their hands,
so that kind of hardness with Savage Pistols keep such persons away to make any nonsense.

Yeah for safety purpose this is right. However, the internal mechanism of this pistol if awesome. Once again congratulations to you.