Precihole VX 100 or Sdb artemis buying help

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
baggafx
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Precihole VX 100 or Sdb artemis buying help

Post by baggafx » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Hi everyone i just want to know quality , accuracy & exact FT-LB power or fps of both Precihole VX 100 or Sdb artemis air rifle if anybody have tested on crony pls give details..i know precihole say 800 fps 12 Ftlb & sdb say 880 fps 14 ftlb...but i want real results bcs manufacturer always say more..many people say percihole only give 9 FTlb power...so plz share ur experience

For Advertising mail webmaster
vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Precihole VX 100 or Sdb artemis buying help

Post by vsraja » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:03 am

If you are confused between vx100 and artemis based on power, then there is no doubt that your choice should be artemis.
With regards,
vsraja

baggafx
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by baggafx » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:16 pm

dear vsraja
i know artemis is strong then vx 100...i want to know exact how much.. if vx 100 is giving 12 FT power then artemis 13 FTlb is not enough to buy it for 3500rs more..and i know this Percihole qualtiy & accuracy alteast 10-20 % better than SDB i will only sacrifice quality if SDB give 3-4 FTlb more power than percihole

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:55 pm

you will not regret buying artemis and the power difference also huge.Most of my friends claim 9fpe maximum of vx100 and 14fpe of artemis.So you decide yourself.I agree precihole is quality. but sdb is not sub standard.SDB also has good barrel,stock,trigger,sights.Buy the artemis and do some tuning to your taste.I prefer reducing the power little bit by removing some coils of spring.Then it will become a smooth and powerful rifle.
With regards,
vsraja

targetpoint
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by targetpoint » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:09 am

Dear Baggafx,
I know you are looking for actual chrony results of VX100 and Artemis.I already suggested you to see the chrony results of Artemis in YouTube.
Let alone VX100 even NX100 can't produce more than 11fpe for sure.Definitely Artemis will generate more than 14 fpe if tuned properly but out of box you will get max 13.5 7fpe but not less than that.
If your preference is only power then you can choose Artemis but if you want quality along with performance but with less power then precihole.Artemis have accuracy along with power but less sophisticated whereas precihole is more sophisticated,accurate and with less power.
Reason is precihole is sub 12ftlbs whereas Artemis is sub 15ftlbs by birth.
I too never got chronograph results of precihole airrifle in this forum don't know why.
GNV sir can shed light on this matter as he owns both Precihole and chrony machine.
Thanks.
Shoot less but shoot Class.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:51 am

Price, performance on these two counts , nothing match SDB Sport.
It delivers 10+ fpe any day.
A true value for money.
This is most under rated AR of SDB Stable.
I have one. :mrgreen:

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

baggafx
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by baggafx » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:10 pm

Dear targetpoint & vsraja & BASU
i did not understand all of u say VX 100 have 9FT & NX 100 have 11FT then why percihole claim 12 FTlb for both rifles. i will only by VX 100 if its FT is 10.5-11 FT they claim 12FT..if VX 100 give only 9FT then i will sure buy artemis..
This is few things i have also buyed with SP60 3 days ago see pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by baggafx on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bullo oka
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Bullo oka » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:33 pm

baggafx wrote:Dear targetpoint & vsraja & BASU
i did not understand all of u say VX 100 have 9FT & NX 100 have 11FT then why percihole claim 12 FTlb for both rifles..if anyone give me data of real crony of VX 100 i will email it to percihole & ask why cheating customers..i have buyed percihole SP 60 pistol also 2-3 days ago they claim 420 fps but i think its giving not more then 300-320 with 7.7 grain pellet i have checked it by chrono connect...again i can't ask them bcs i dont have fu@$# real crony... so if anyone have data plz give me... i will only by VX 100 if its FT is 10.5-11 FT they claim 12FT..if VX 100 give only 9FT then i will sure buy artemis..and targetpiont chrony results of Artemis in YouTube is of .22 not .177..
This is few things i have also buyed with SP60 3 days ago see pics
Wow...
Where did you get that acog sight from?
and yes precihole deserve to be questioned about it. I also own Nx100 but no chronograph.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
You own Gun
That doesn't mean you have to use it.
Maybe :stupid: Think Bright.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:13 pm

Dear Bagga,
On the entire forum I never wrote that any of PH AR produce 12 ftlbs.
There are members who declared it as powerful.
I said and maintained that it is a decent mid powered AR.
I do not own any PH.
Why the company claiming, that they are to answer.

Basu

prashantjha19
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prashantjha19 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:24 pm

baggafx wrote:Hi everyone i just want to know quality , accuracy & exact FT-LB power or fps of both Precihole VX 100 or Sdb artemis air rifle if anybody have tested on crony pls give details..i know precihole say 800 fps 12 Ftlb & sdb say 880 fps 14 ftlb...but i want real results bcs manufacturer always say more..many people say percihole only give 9 FTlb power...so plz share ur experience
Hi Baggafx,
To begin with, comparing VX with Artemis is like apple and pear! May be, an Gennex would fit the bill better here. The more powerful Sport of SDB would outclass VX in ME out of box. And the reasons are not far to seek.
VX is an essentially short stroke gun....Now, couple this up with a soft rate spring (4.78N/mm give or take), and a very low Bore:Stroke ratio...and you have a perfect recipe for a low powered gun. Back of envelop calculations also tell me that it's static comp ratio is too high, which means that If you use too stiff a spring, you run the risk of a very high peak temp and pressure....which eventually will tend to advance mass air flow choking through the TP, and therefore result in early and more fierce piston bounce. All bad news...both for shooting fun and accuracy.
Further, I am pretty sure PH does not use fully set springs in their guns. And as a result, with a new gun you start of with some good power ratings early on ....but as the spring takes set during use, its output, and consequently the piston energy it generates continues to reduce. With the reduction in preload force though you get softer cocking.....making you feel the gun is getting smoother. Well, actually, it is only becoming less powerful and humble.
I have a VX and will give you a first hand example. Some 20 days back I chronied the gun at an average of 8.21ftlb. Then, yesterday, some 100 shots down, it averaged at 7.55 with the same 8.7 grain PH pellets. No perceptible difference in any external factors like temp, etc. Also, I noticed a corroborating POI shift.
One IFGian Master had reported a figure of over 10 ft-lb in VX with a different spring (which is rated at an industry standard 5.7N/mm) and with some other mods. This was some time ago though.
Personally, I would not expect anything above that from a sub 80mm stroke gun.
On the plus side, it is shooter (read accuracy) friendly, being a short stroke gun. Has easy cocking effort, good ergonomics, classy appendages like sights, fairly good trigger (though not adjustable), etc.
The Artemis, on the other hand, has almost everything on the other side of the spectrum -stroke, B:S ratio, Spring rate, adjustable weight trigger (although only a direct sear).
I am gonna do a thorough strip down and rebuild analysis of the VX powerplant next week...so watch this space if you understand AR mechanics.
Having said that, if you are into long range power shooting, go blindly with Artemis or Hurricane.....but if soft plinking, target practice interests you, VX would be an ideal choice. It has refined workmanship and finish....but hardly anything to tinker with from tuning perspective. The SDBs are robust in make, fairly decent quality and a tuner's delight.
Sorry if I have ended up confusing you further.
Cheers,
Prashant

baggafx
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by baggafx » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:10 am

Dear bullo oka
1 year ago when i came frm canada..i bought this scopes..
Tasco 4x20 scope 4 piece & Tasco red dot acog sight 2 piece...

Dear Prashant
Thank for giving me so much detail...i think vx 100 is only 8-9FT rifle only percihole is cheating us..for this CHEATERS i sold my IHP 35 .177 in 3000rs only :( with tasco 4x20 scope..thinking that i will buy 800 fps 12 ft vx 100 in 7000rs...where IHP IS 600FPS 7-8FT RIFLE..i did know that vx 100 is same stuff...my ihp was so much accurate and smooth :stupid:
Last edited by baggafx on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

targetpoint
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by targetpoint » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:48 am

Dear friends,
I want to know the difference between SX 100 and Vx 100 performance wise and quality wise.
Thanks.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:52 am

Dear Bagga,
Please watch the video.

The above is the velocity testing of SDB Sport.
This gun is tuned only to optimize velocity.

I do not have Artemis but I know for certain that Artemis produce 1.5 to 2.0 ftlbs more when tuned for max velocity.

Basu

baggafx
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by baggafx » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:11 am

dear targetpoint
i also want to know what is diff between SX & VX 100 they both look same & same spec don't know why sx is 3000rs more costly...

Dear BASU
i hate tunning & i want power full rifle out of box..can u tell artemis accurate or not i want 1 inch group at 20 meter & also shoot at 50-70 meters at my farm house i m a power hungry plinkler so don't need hole in hole accuracy..

& vsraja
now ur saying vx 100 is 9fpe..but in another form ur forcing someone to buy VX 100 and saying it produce 11 FPE check screen shot..im confused frd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by baggafx on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

targetpoint
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by targetpoint » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:47 pm

Dear Baggafx,
I am having two air rifles one is Artemis and other one Gennex but both in .177 from SDB.
Though I prefer to use Gennex because of its light weight,low cocking effort and mellow recoil.It is a perfect recipe for any accurate gun and all is present in Gennex.But now from two days it is taking rest because I have to change its mainspring.You asked about its accuracy so I can tell you it is as accurate as the shooter.
I made a video of hitting matchstick stick with this little airrifle at 18m.For paper target and plinking within 30m it is best.
Now for Artemis,as I have said above that my Gennex is in rest I picked up my Artemis today after many months.You know what is habit formation and because I picked up my Artemis after many months it took about 20-25 pellets to behave normally.Actually I had to rediscover the holding posture I mean in which hold it shoots accurately.After getting its sweet hold position I did a paper target grouping at 18m.I am posting the photo of it.From this you will get your answer wether it is accurate or not.Many months ago I made a video with my Artemis too of hitting matchstick with Artemis at 18m.
Lastly I can say with lot of practice,good quality pellets and proper mental and physical status anyone can get hole in hole or less than half inch group at the distance one is habituated to shoot with Gennex and Artemis.

Added in 10 minutes 17 seconds:
The coin in the photo I used to cover the grouping is smallest new Re1 coin.And if you want to see the video of hitting matchstick at 18m with Artemis and Gennex then PM me your whatsapp number as I don't know how to post it here.Respected Basu Sir and Sam47 had already enjoyed the video.
Rest is your decision.
Thanks.
Shoot Less But Shoot Class.