Hello! A new old shooter..

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
drlizard
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Hello! A new old shooter..

Post by drlizard » Thu May 24, 2018 11:06 pm

Hi, fellow members.. I'm Dr Ankur from Assam.

I joined a rifle club AND also IFG in 2014.
Due to work commitments and family engagements, I couldn't participate much in either.
I barely practiced shooting for 3-4 days then stopped going.
The range was too far away too.

What never stopped was my lifelong love of firearms and the burning desire to be a really accomplished shooter.
I kept reading about various firearms, watching YouTube reviews of rifles and handguns longingly.

Then BOOM, a marriage and a baby happened and I moved on to a better job.
More time, and a little more money.. And to top it off, my new workplace is close to the shooting range!!!
So I'm back to a thing I always wanted to do, sport shooting.

Over the past 2 months, I've been going to the range almost everyday, reading about ISSF shooting techniques and guides, and I've decided to go all the way.. I've even quit smoking (2-3 packs a day) to steady my hands. There's no turning back.
I'm going to become a renowned shot and import my own firearm and get better at shooting.

I've made a ton of progress in these two months. My experienced friend who's a multiple times renowned shot himself, told me I've made improvements that beginners commonly make in 1 year in only 2 months. My groupings are consistently getting tighter..all I need is to keep practising and practising regularly.

I've been reading this forum's discussions since the past few days. There's a lot of helpful people here and a metric ton of information. I know I'm going to really enjoy posting and discussing topics here. Some of the members are super knowledgeable.. Some of us are funny too.
Keep up the good work, moderators.

The Assam state level competition is in the 1st week of June, just a couple of weeks away.
Old discarded jacket, a borrowed sling, a borrowed glove..and a whole lot of heart. That's what I'm going to wear in the tournament.

Wish me luck.
See you guys on the forum.

Keep fighting for the RKBA
Keep fighting for this country.
Spread the love
Guns don't kill, people do.

Jai Hind.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Hello! A new old shooter..

Post by Vikram » Fri May 25, 2018 12:38 am

drlizard wrote:Hi, fellow members.. I'm Dr Ankur from Assam.

I joined a rifle club AND also IFG in 2014.
Due to work commitments and family engagements, I couldn't participate much in either.
I barely practiced shooting for 3-4 days then stopped going.
The range was too far away too.

What never stopped was my lifelong love of firearms and the burning desire to be a really accomplished shooter.
I kept reading about various firearms, watching YouTube reviews of rifles and handguns longingly.

Then BOOM, a marriage and a baby happened and I moved on to a better job.
More time, and a little more money.. And to top it off, my new workplace is close to the shooting range!!!
So I'm back to a thing I always wanted to do, sport shooting.

Over the past 2 months, I've been going to the range almost everyday, reading about ISSF shooting techniques and guides, and I've decided to go all the way.. I've even quit smoking (2-3 packs a day) to steady my hands. There's no turning back.
I'm going to become a renowned shot and import my own firearm and get better at shooting.

I've made a ton of progress in these two months. My experienced friend who's a multiple times renowned shot himself, told me I've made improvements that beginners commonly make in 1 year in only 2 months. My groupings are consistently getting tighter..all I need is to keep practising and practising regularly.

I've been reading this forum's discussions since the past few days. There's a lot of helpful people here and a metric ton of information. I know I'm going to really enjoy posting and discussing topics here. Some of the members are super knowledgeable.. Some of us are funny too.
Keep up the good work, moderators.

The Assam state level competition is in the 1st week of June, just a couple of weeks away.
Old discarded jacket, a borrowed sling, a borrowed glove..and a whole lot of heart. That's what I'm going to wear in the tournament.

Wish me luck.
See you guys on the forum.

Keep fighting for the RKBA
Keep fighting for this country.
Spread the love
Guns don't kill, people do.

Jai Hind.

Welcome back, Ankur! Thanks for sharing the updates and your re-found passion in shooting. All the best.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

drlizard
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by drlizard » Fri May 25, 2018 2:52 am

Thanks Vikram..
Cheers!!!

targetpoint
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by targetpoint » Fri May 25, 2018 8:41 am

All the best Doctor.It is very pleasing to know same professional breathen having same burning desire under one roof.
Thanks.

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Fri May 25, 2018 10:47 am

Welcome to the forum sir! All the best for the upcoming competition (y)

drlizard
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by drlizard » Fri May 25, 2018 12:01 pm

targetpoint wrote:All the best Doctor.It is very pleasing to know same professional breathen having same burning desire under one roof.
Thanks.
SMJ wrote:Welcome to the forum sir! All the best for the upcoming competition (y)
Thanks you, guys.
Cheers!!!

:D (y)

drlizard
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by drlizard » Fri May 25, 2018 12:06 pm

SMJ wrote:Welcome to the forum sir! All the best for the upcoming competition (y)
Don't call me sir... We're friends.
No need for formalities..

TC.

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Fri May 25, 2018 7:43 pm

Welcome aboard and all the very best for your competition........

drlizard
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by drlizard » Fri May 25, 2018 11:23 pm

Prabhath wrote:Welcome aboard and all the very best for your competition........
Glad to be here amongst fellow gun freaks.
Thanks, dude.