New Bulletproof Material invention

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
milind
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

New Bulletproof Material invention

Post by milind » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:58 pm

Hello Friends,
I am Milind Gupta, shooting enthusiast and Mechanical engineer from Nagpur. I have experimented a lot creating a bulletproof material which is very effective and durable. The problem with available bulletproof material Kewlar is, it do not stop the impact force and it has got expiry date, it can not be used after specific time duration. I have invented new methodology in my bulletproof material which is very effective. it not only absorbs the impact but also it is durable and long lasting (with no expiry date).

I have used Impact Distribution System to counter the velocity, momentum and penetration aspect of the bullet. Currently I have tested it only with N P bore ammunations and its successful with great results without any single bullet exit from rear end. I want to experiment it with rifle bullets but I have no access to it. rifle bullet resistant material has to be added a ballistic shield to counter the high impact velocity of the gun. I have also designed a substitute ballistic shield which is as effective as current boron carbide shield used in high end modern bulletprof vests, but could not experiment it with actual ammunations as its not available to me.

Photos attached are of 10x12" bulletproof material before testing. (not posting the photos ofter testing as it will attract interest of many people, which I dont want at this stage)

I have experimented it just for the sake of curiosity and quite happy with the results.

LOVE
Milind
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: New Bulletproof Material invention

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:50 pm

Congratulation but till best of my knowledge It Require an extensive testing with different Cal. available so far and used in common Battlefield situation which is lacking in India.
Any way all the best for your Project.
Regards

Shivaji

milind
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by milind » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:41 pm

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:Congratulation but till best of my knowledge It Require an extensive testing with different Cal. available so far and used in common Battlefield situation which is lacking in India.
Any way all the best for your Project.

Thank you Shivaji, this is just the beginning. This material is able to withstand all NP bores without any difficulty and with multiple shots. I even do not know the exact testing standards for passing the bulletproof material. my intention was to experiment my idea to make bulletproof material. Impact distribuion system is totally new concept in this field as far as my knowledge is concern.

I am taking one step at a time. Day before yesterday I have visited the Commissionor of Police and inform him about my invention. He is very supportive and ready to give firing testing to my invetion with the ammunations with which they do firing practice.

Thanks for your feedback. Anyone having any specific information about testing standards for bulletproof material in India/anywhere please help.

Love
Milind

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:25 pm

Dear Milind,

It is very amazing to know about your invention. I would suggest you to contact Ministry of Home Affairs or Prime Minister's Office. Write a letter to PMO and tell them briefly about your invention and ask for funding and support. You can also contact Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) or Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE) for support and funding. But the most important thing is that this invention is yours so everything should be under your control, you should sign contracts with any agency or person who ever agrees to support you.

Your invention could be the next big thing in Bullet Proofing technology. So, all the good luck and

Regards
Vikramaditya Singh

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:37 pm

If you are confident on your research then first go for a patient registration bro. without patent registration your product don't have an identity and there are many mischievous people around.
All the best.
Regards

Shivaji

milind
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by milind » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:14 pm

@sumbriavikramaditya & @shivaji thanks for encouraging and showing me the direction. I am thinking on the line of getting a patent but it's a costly affair. I am not thinking about making it a commercial venture, I don't mind giving this technology to the government of India.

Love
Milind

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:52 am

get a sponsor ( Any Industry) who can further buy your Research. Forget Govt. of India. they will spoil your research. the Babuism is everything whether in DRDO or any other Govt Industry.
If they come to know that some one privately making something which may risk their credential as a defense equipment developer then at any cost they will stop it.
Regards

Shivaji

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:24 pm

Mr.Milind ,Congratulations on your invention and development of this bulletproof material. Keep all the secrets to your heart. Just match it with the world class specifications of bullet proof vest materials and you yourself put your product to vigorous tests . If you pass all those tests, contact the defence minister who is very helpfull. Advertise this in Facebook and other social media with proof. It will attract attention. Once any technically and financially sound INDIAN investor comes to you , talk your terms and try to get a minimum profit in large numbers. You will save yourself and the country. God bless you .God Bless INDIA. Jai hind.

pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pistolero » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:22 pm

Dear Milind,

As you may be aware, SMPP India Pvt. Ltd., have recently inked a contract for supplying 1,86,000 jackets to the army.
It would be interesting, for you to reach out to them. The design for the jackets is already pre-approved so I dont see them adopting your idea immediately, but if you work with them, they can take your ahead beyond the test bed and present it to the correct audience.

What would be interesting also, would be if you could reach our to Ordinance Factory (if you have contacts) they are known to regularly test their weapons against different armour.

NP Bore Armour is cheap and easily available, overseas, PB such as 9MM are now stopped regularly by Level 2 armor, which is commercially available. Rapid prototyping will be required, also you will need to develop Trauma plates, if not already done by you.

Test and make sure you talk to the right people, it will be a long road, shoot for the moon, worst case you will end up in the stars.

All the best.

Regards,
-P
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

NairSaab
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by NairSaab » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:57 pm

Fantastic and congratulations. You should patent it immediately. Doesnt cost much if you are doing it by yourself. About 3k is the Government fees. You can also file a provisional patent for 1k and then have about 1 year time for complete specification filing. Best would be to file complete specification if you do not have a problem in English (do a thorough patent search for prior art). Everything is available on google. You can then go expedited publication. This is when the patent will be out in public even before the first examination. Now you are safe :)
Patent is like title deed, you may give the land for free, but people have to know it was yours :)
Also think that at least 10 others might have had your idea and you should get the date of filing of patent which shows that it was you who came up with the idea first.
I have done all this without a patent attorney just by google search.

Since you already have a working prototype I suggest you approach the National Research Development Corporation (NRDC) for help. If it is commercializable they will help you with everything.
https://www.nrdcindia.com/english/index ... about-nrdc

Dont let the enemy get the technology. Wish you all the best

milind
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by milind » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:56 am

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:get a sponsor ( Any Industry) who can further buy your Research. Forget Govt. of India. they will spoil your research. the Babuism is everything whether in DRDO or any other Govt Industry.
If they come to know that some one privately making something which may risk their credential as a defense equipment developer then at any cost they will stop it.
Thanks Shivaji for your word of caution. I had not thoght on these lines that but now I am aware about it after you reminding it to me. Still dont know how the things will come but now I am at least prepared.

Added in 3 minutes 23 seconds:
veeveeaar wrote:Mr.Milind ,Congratulations on your invention and development of this bulletproof material. Keep all the secrets to your heart. Just match it with the world class specifications of bullet proof vest materials and you yourself put your product to vigorous tests . If you pass all those tests, contact the defence minister who is very helpfull. Advertise this in Facebook and other social media with proof. It will attract attention. Once any technically and financially sound INDIAN investor comes to you , talk your terms and try to get a minimum profit in large numbers. You will save yourself and the country. God bless you .God Bless INDIA. Jai hind.
Yes Mr. Veeveeaar, thank you for the encouragement. I will surely going to do testing and improvement in my experiment. As of now, I have no idea of commercializing it.

Added in 13 minutes 27 seconds:
@Pistolero,
I am taking one step at a time. I have read about latest supply of BPJ to the armed forces by SMPP India. I am not thinking about approaching them as of now but thanks for suggesting the option. I have already contacted the CP and he is ready to provide testing with the ammunations available to them. I will suely approach them for testing it with Prohibited bore. I have also designed a ballistic plate which could possibly compete current boron carbide plates which are used in present modern vests. I am yet to manufacture it, I will do it once I procure all the compounds necessary.

Thanks.

pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pistolero » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:11 pm

Hi Milind,

All the best.

While a Patent in all probability is a good way to go about protecting your idea. Do remember that you will need to provide full disclosure for the patent and this full disclosure will be a public document and once the formula is out, it is not difficult for unscrupulous elements to subvert your idea.

Sure you can sue them and all.

I have seen several companies from our Northern Neighbors, who are scouring patents, looking for the next right product. By the time your patent is granted, they have already made minute modifications, manufactured and sold the product.

Patents are great and give you permanent recognition at what cost is the answer you can only give.

Glad to know, you are thinking of the plates, as a commercial idea, the plates are required for existing and new Armour, could be a quicker road to market.

Regards,
-P
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:58 pm

Well done, Milind! All the best with your efforts and I do hope your hard work brings its just reward.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

maker
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by maker » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:08 pm

Hi Milind,

Have gone through your post as you want to go for a commercial venture than will you like an investment from a VC as I am from a family that is in Arms business for 4 Generations and have got contacts for selling the item to big jacket manufacturers in India.

To discuss further please send me a mail on (For your own security please do not share personal contact details on the public forum-Moderator) and we can take this discussion further.

Regards,

Mrinal

blacky420
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by blacky420 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:36 pm

I don't understand how would you know its effectiveness you haven't tested. For all we know it might be worse than wearing a metal sheet made of tin.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk