Advice on selecting self defence pistol/revolver

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
brihadeeshkumarj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Advice on selecting self defence pistol/revolver

Post by brihadeeshkumarj » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:54 pm

Hi all. My uncle is applying for Fire Arm Licence for self defence. He wants to know what sort of weapons, mostly pistol/revolver, are available in the market today (especially Tamilnadu) so that the description can be correctly filled in the application form. Thanking everyone in advance.
Brihadeesh Kumar J

It Is Better To be Hated For What You Are Than To be Loved For What You Are Not

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sam Kunal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Advice on selecting self defence pistol/revolver

Post by Sam Kunal » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:15 am

Hi,Brihadeesh.Fill in the form as NPB Pistol/Revolver.You r uncle will have the option to buy other NPB caliber Pistol or revolver other than .32 from IOF.

brihadeeshkumarj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by brihadeeshkumarj » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:42 pm

Sam Kunal wrote:Hi,Brihadeesh.Fill in the form as NPB Pistol/Revolver.You r uncle will have the option to buy other NPB caliber Pistol or revolver other than .32 from IOF.
Thanks a lot Sam
Brihadeesh Kumar J

It Is Better To be Hated For What You Are Than To be Loved For What You Are Not

Sam Kunal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Sam Kunal » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:52 am

You are welcome,Brihadeesh..

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:42 am

Dear Brihadeesh, If you uncle is not serving in Armed Forces of India, then he has to buy Indian Ordinance Factory (IOF) manufactured Pistol or Revolver that for civilians only. Weapons for Civilians falls under the category of Non Prohibited Bore (NPB or NP Bore). Read about it if you want. Check out the website of IOF for more info. If you want weapons manufactured by foreign companies then you have to contact your local Arms Dealers and such weapons are highly over priced.

Regards.

Army
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Army » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:52 am

I had a 32 I’m in usa wasn’t register that little thing was a pocket pistol smaller than your hand can fit in your shoe with 7 shots was browning 32 semi all black wood grips sold it for 200usd but for India 32 pistol I would get a revolver trust that more then a semi for India I would go with that I wouldn’t trust no 32 semi probably jam a lot. Make sure it’s has a transfer bar for the revolver if you don’t know what that is google it will save your life.

manish.pabale
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by manish.pabale » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:16 pm

can anyone help? Unable to log into the website of Gun and Shell factory, Calcutta (http://gsf.gov.in).
Is it temporarily suspended or is there any specific way to log in. The system is showing invalid userID and password repeatedly.
Please advice.

indiaone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by indiaone » Thu May 03, 2018 2:03 pm

Go to this web site:-
http://ofbindia.gov.in/
You will get all the information on pressing first link right side, Civilain Fire Arms.Now the products are availale from arms dealers also, so you can visit any gun shop with your license and check book.