Gun Blueing Kit India

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
savio
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Gun Blueing Kit India

Post by savio » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:57 am

Hello Members plz share your Experience About Gun Bluing
About KLEVER Quick Blueing ?
http://ballistol.in
Any blueing liquids in India?
Online shops?

For Advertising mail webmaster
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Gun Blueing Kit India

Post by brihacharan » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:11 pm

Hi Savio,
> It's a good product :D
> I've used it and the results are satisfactory - just need to follow the instructions carefully.
> You can order it on-line and their services are prompt.
Cheers
Brihacharan

ramtiger
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ramtiger » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:02 pm

how much it cost

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:48 pm

Better still get this http://www.flipkart.com/books/081170326 ... d099041786

I paid 1200/- for it when I ordered it 2 weeks back.Most of the chemicals it mentions in bluing/browning are pretty nasty.Very informative book and some of what it mentions is pretty doable by a home gunsmith provided he does not burn,poison or blow himself up :wink: The end product is going to be any day better and longer lasting than the cold bluing solution the inquiry is about.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:33 am

ramtiger wrote:how much it cost
> It cost Rs.1500/=
> Ballistol are very prompt - I transferred the money on a Tuesday & recd. the stuff 0n Saturday :D
> The contents last for 4 to 6 applications - so even if you use it every 6 months - you have a 2 to 3 year supply!
> The best part is - there is no mess - easy to use & fairly good finish.
Cheers
Briha

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:34 pm

brihacharan wrote:
ramtiger wrote:how much it cost
> It cost Rs.1500/=
> Ballistol are very prompt - I transferred the money on a Tuesday & recd. the stuff 0n Saturday :D
> The contents last for 4 to 6 applications - so even if you use it every 6 months - you have a 2 to 3 year supply!
> The best part is - there is no mess - easy to use & fairly good finish.
Cheers
Briha
Hi.Briha Ji whats the procedure for using ballistol rifle blue with a pre blued rifle which requires re blueing

narach93
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by narach93 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:17 am

Dear Andy. Incidentally I am well versed with ballistol clever browning solution. From my personal experience I would like to share with you that it does not work well on pre-blue parts. It lefts a conspicuous mark. But if you want to restore a damaged gun, then apply it as follows:-
1. Remove the rust by appling sand papers no. 320, 600 and 1000.
2. Clean the surface area with de-natured spirit and left to dry.
3. Keep the application area under sun for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Dap a half inch cotton swab with the clever solution and apply in linear direction by putting little pressure.
5. Leave the part for 5 minutes and you will notice a off-white coating. Remove that with a wet cloth by putting little pressure. You will notice a shining surface. Apply atleast 3 coatings of the clever by following the same procedures.
6. Then rub the surface with a piece of cloth drenched with gsmith gun oil (contained in a red plastic bottle). Leave the surface area with a coating of oil and remove the excess oil after 3-4 hours.
You will get a smooth, browing & shining surface but not a typical blue colored surface as we found in a factory product.
This type of finishing will protect your gun from rusting and will rejuvinate a damaged blued gun.
Note: the ballistol clever bluing solution is available with kiehberg.in site and the gsmith oil is with kovibaazar.
Good luck

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:43 am

narach93 wrote:Dear Andy. Incidentally I am well versed with ballistol clever browning solution. From my personal experience I would like to share with you that it does not work well on pre-blue parts. It lefts a conspicuous mark. But if you want to restore a damaged gun, then apply it as follows:-
1. Remove the rust by appling sand papers no. 320, 600 and 1000.
2. Clean the surface area with de-natured spirit and left to dry.
3. Keep the application area under sun for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Dap a half inch cotton swab with the clever solution and apply in linear direction by putting little pressure.
5. Leave the part for 5 minutes and you will notice a off-white coating. Remove that with a wet cloth by putting little pressure. You will notice a shining surface. Apply atleast 3 coatings of the clever by following the same procedures.
6. Then rub the surface with a piece of cloth drenched with gsmith gun oil (contained in a red plastic bottle). Leave the surface area with a coating of oil and remove the excess oil after 3-4 hours.
You will get a smooth, browing & shining surface but not a typical blue colored surface as we found in a factory product.
This type of finishing will protect your gun from rusting and will rejuvinate a damaged blued gun.
Note: the ballistol clever bluing solution is available with kiehberg.in site and the gsmith oil is with kovibaazar.
Good luck
Please see youir PM

narach93
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by narach93 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:20 am

Dear Andy Where can I see my PM?

prashantjha19
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prashantjha19 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:34 am

Appreciate you sharing the procedure from out of personal experience , dear Narach93.
You can find the PM tab on the top right corner of the post by the individual member you would want to PM.
Best,
Prashant

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:04 pm

Hi Narach please see your message box

narach93
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by narach93 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:23 am

20180124_151549-1.jpg
20180124_151617-2.jpg
Dear friends. I have restored my friend's IHP .22 AR which was purchased in 1996. The gun was in a very bad condition. I have dropped a new gsmith spring, precihole piston seal, a new breech seal, trigger spring, rear sight, front sight and a white line along the butt pad. The stock was also in bad condition thus repaired and polished by applying suitable stain. There was no trace of blue and the piston was jammed. Pl compare the photographs to appreciate the effort. Yes I also put two vortek washers for added punch. My chrono (procured from amazon.com USA) has shown a healthy 12 FPE ME. I have made my friend agree to put the rifle in his cup board as a decorative item. In this way I derive enormous joy of restoring decrepitated gun of my friends.
Regards

Added in 1 minute 50 seconds:
Dear friends, pl enlarge the photo to see the difference.
Regards

Added in 1 minute 8 seconds:
Dear Andy. I will call you soon.
Regds
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Maroon_d3vil
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Maroon_d3vil » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:53 am

Neat and clean. Looks great dear narach93! :)

Regards,
Maroon_d3vil
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun". -- The Dalai Lama

narach93
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by narach93 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:48 pm

Thanks dear Maroon for your kind words.
Regards

prashantjha19
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prashantjha19 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:56 pm

Dear Narach93, You really seem to have brought it back to life!! Looks Fantastic...and, as you have tested, is shooting great, too!!

The IHP 35 doling out 12fpe is just terrific! What pellet is it?
Did it require you to also change or alter the piston to increase stroke? I assume the spring would be the G Smith 27 (or is it 35??)...How much of preload?
And, those wood grains have come out so lively!
Once again, very inspiring effort!!
Best regards,
Prashant