I want to buy a glock gun

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
md rabiul alam
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

I want to buy a glock gun

Post by md rabiul alam » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:04 pm

I need a glock for my self defence

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: I want to buy a glock gun

Post by mundaire » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:41 pm

Be prepared to sell an apartment... last I heard they were being sold by dealers for upwards of ₹40 lacs!
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Maroon_d3vil
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Maroon_d3vil » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:21 pm

mundaire wrote:Be prepared to sell an apartment... last I heard they were being sold by dealers for upwards of ₹40 lacs!
:agree:

A dealer quoted me 35 lacs sometimes back! :lol:
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun". -- The Dalai Lama

pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pistolero » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:41 pm

$50,000/- or more for a Striker Fired Pistol! I dont even like the trigger on the damn thing!!!

https://www.gunbroker.com/Glock-Pistols ... k&Cats=978

Mera Bharat Mahan!!

Jai Ho!!
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:10 pm

Well, they are nice enough pistols for their "actual" retail price (overseas). Though if I had the option I'd probably prefer a SIG or H&K, maybe a CZ... but then I wake up and realise I'm not living in a free country, now am I?! :twisted:
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:57 pm

If self defense is the purpose then IOF is sufficient for the purpose.

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:03 pm

mundaire wrote:Well, they are nice enough pistols for their "actual" retail price (overseas). Though if I had the option I'd probably prefer a SIG or H&K, maybe a CZ... but then I wake up and realise I'm not living in a free country, now am I?! :twisted:
Ditto that, I shot Glock in India as well as when abroad. The trigger reminded me of the "buchwala" toy gun I played with in my childhood. Maybe I am traditional but its not just the bang one wants to hear every time one pulls the trigger. To me the real guns are made of steel all over.

Marksman

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:01 am

md rabiul alam wrote:I need a glock for my self defence
Read the four points mentioned by me in another post in another thread here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=25661&p=252581#p252581 Just substitute .357 with Glock.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Jagi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Jagi » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:33 pm

Hello, my first post here so...
I own a Glock 19 and a 1911 in 45 ACP along with others. The Glock 19 is my personal carry most of the time. I can tell you this much: A Glock will go 'Bang' every single time when you want it to. Any ammo except for lead nose. No matter what (with reasonable care). In my experience of shooting for years, there are very few guns that you can say that about. There are definitely other guns with better triggers but for self-defense they rock.
Glad to read what you guys post.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:31 pm

Jagi wrote:Hello, my first post here so...
I can tell you this much: A Glock will go 'Bang' every single time when you want it to. Any ammo except for lead nose. No matter what (with reasonable care). In my experience of shooting for years, there are very few guns that you can say that about.
Actually there are many guns you can say that about. Make that MOST guns.

Most guns will go bang every time you pull the trigger.
For some reason, Glock fans seem to want to perpetuate the myth that only Glocks will fire every time you pull the trigger.
This is patently untrue.

A Glock is a utilitarian mechanical tool that performs as designed. That's it.
They do have a slick advertising campaign that harps on their "perfection".
There is nothing mystical or special about it, except that you aren't supposed to shoot lead bullets through the polygonal rifled barrel.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Jagi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Jagi » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:33 pm

Agreed, most guns will shoot everytime. Did not mean to imply otherwise. My opinion is not PR but just my experience. Some may find them ugly but they are definitely rugged. What is your preferred gun?

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:55 pm

Madhya Pradesh police has been issued Glock 19, sometimes ago . Complete with three dot sights . It collects a lot of dirt inside rather very quickly . Everyone knows that homemade Ashani and 9 mm are just other country made pistols . Recent seizures show that country made pistols have already reached fit and finish levels of IOF .

Two interesting news pieces .....

http://www.asianage.com/india/all-india ... ifles.html
(Because govt knows IOF things are crap )

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/eco ... 580014.ece

(Because govt knows IOF is crap)

http://www.financialexpress.com/india-n ... es/835648/

Unless IOF is dismantled Indians can not see a rational hope of getting a decent weapon . Also , from NRAI to your local arms dealer are part of the scam .
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:10 pm

Poor police people. They source 9mm cartridge from unscrupulous vendors so as to adjust deficit . Many of them consider Ashani a looker and better than Glock .
I have some relatives in judiciary and none of them will ever rule something that may ease govt norms . Politicians are already preoccupied with matters relating to vote bank and money . Executives are reaping the harvest of the legal mess . Only credible solution the easy way is - emigrate (as said by Winnie the Pooh in another thread quoted above )
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:33 pm

Jagi wrote:Agreed, most guns will shoot everytime. Did not mean to imply otherwise. My opinion is not PR but just my experience. Some may find them ugly but they are definitely rugged. What is your preferred gun?
Rugged? They definitely are that.

What is my preferred handgun? it depends on what I am doing with it.

I like my SIG's because they are SIG's'; good looking, reliable, smooth and accurate.
However for concealed carry, I prefer my Ruger LC9 as it is the smallest, lightest and slimmest handgun that I own. It disappears when used with a pocket holster. Like most Ruger's, it is built like a tank.
For mid-bore competition, I prefer my Canik TP9 SFX in 9mm. Huge magazine capacity (20 rounds)! Accurate, with a great trigger and reset.
For small-bore competition and general plinking, I prefer my Smith and Wesson SW22 Victory. Just an all round great handgun. The closest thing to shooting a laser, that I own. That's an astounding statement considering it is a .22 lr handgun.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Army
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Army » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:21 am

Hk is nice I have a one Glock are like that one car everyone has that never dies hk is like a Ferrari cost to much and is just amazing and it’s true I love this thing I sleep like a baby with it especially with hollows