Life is becoming gloomy for lovers of Air Guns in India

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
LearningToShoot
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Life is becoming gloomy for lovers of Air Guns in India

Post by LearningToShoot » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:30 pm

Hi everyone,

I was browsing for buying a .177 pistol and happened to find that IHP is no longer making air guns & pistols. First the bad news was of the government bringing 0.22 under licence and now this. You can visit http://indianhumepipe.com/Products/SportsRifles.aspx for more details.

Rajendra Rajani.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Life is becoming gloomy for lovers of Air Guns in India

Post by mundaire » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:28 pm

This is a crying shame! For years they produced some of the best quality air-rifles and air-pistols in India.

I have very fond memories of my National "Cadet" CO2 air-rifle, with which I participated in many State level air-rifle matches back in the late 1980's :(

We only have to look so far as the draconian Arms Rules 2016, to understand the reasons behind this. :evil:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

B25
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by B25 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:02 pm

It's no surprise, politicians across the party line as well as most buerocrates still believe in keeping so called powers since pre independence British era with them and keep the law abiding citizens unarmed.
However of late they are in overdrive restricting airguns etc. I guess they only care for getting votes

Master
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Master » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:22 pm

My tributes to IHP. Accurate when accuracy was scarce in India.

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:56 pm

Err no offense to the company at all but could it also not be that they may have become a bit complacent in the last few years and hence lost their market share to other players?

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:07 am

Regards to all,

Due to Govt. policies, NHP, ( National Hume pipe) once up-on time best Air-gun manufacturers no longer interested to carry on business, and their Air-gun Mfg. unit Vatva , Ahmedabad property is on sale ( ruhmer heard last month)

Piety

Communist labour laws and property taxes + other liabilities might have forced pioneers to take such decision :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Hitler had dis armed germany before he got full scale mad max...I think we are heading to that edge( just my thought, Respected Moderators you may rectify my post as you please)

regards

Pritam Patel
Ahmedabad
"Men like us don't deserve to die in the bed, field would be a batter option"

Optional : Proper inglish n gramer

bandukbhandar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by bandukbhandar » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:16 pm

IHP had applied for their manufacturing license, but till date Govt. has not issued them the license as required by Arms Rules 2016.
The management was willing to make an investment, but due to ongoing PETA case in Delhi High Court, twice they had to stop production in last 15 years.
Nothing,is still clear on the law front for others also.

krishan.adhikari1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by krishan.adhikari1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:32 am

I hope they don't close their plant. Is it possible to start a petition to the government.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk