Airgun Smith for NX100 Scorpius in Kolkata

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
sanjip
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Airgun Smith for NX100 Scorpius in Kolkata

Post by sanjip » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:22 am

I have a NX100 Scorpius and I want to service it and replace parts like O ring, piston seal etc. It requires complete disassembling of the air rifle and I want it to be done in front of me.
Does anybody knows here about an airgun smith in Kolkata to whom I can take my gun, get it serviced in front of me and take it back home?

For Advertising mail webmaster
prashantjha19
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Airgun Smith for NX100 Scorpius in Kolkata

Post by prashantjha19 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:30 pm

Hi sanjip,
May be it would be of help if we know for sure first - which of the classic models (say, out of the likes of Diana, Weihrauch, Beeman, Webley, BSA, etc...) are the Precihole springers based on (their SX, VX, NX series)? I mean the basic chamber-receiver, trigger, safety mechanics, etc....
Precihole products being new on the horizon (comparatively speaking), it may not be time yet for gunsmiths to get popularly associated with their range of products. However, if one knows for sure that PH line of products are by and large derived from a certain old brand /make /model, it will be easier to find a gunsmith for one of those makes; and then one can take things forward from there, i.e. approach the gunsmiths in person and make your individual request, etc.

I am sure, many of our seasoned forum members on IFG will surely have much to share on this please...and will look forward to their kind inputs.
I am also looking forward to this piece of info, so I too can, when it's time, disassemble and service my PH ARs.
Best regards,
Prashant

Shankar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Shankar » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:25 pm

Hi Sanjip,
Call Miss Shagufta from Precihole Sports and get the details of their authorized service center in Calcutta to take your service forward. You can get relevant details from their website.
Regards Shankar

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:59 pm

Precihole NX-100 series gun is very simple and easy gun to service. You can do it yourself if you have a spring compressor. Or any air gunsmith can do it for you.
GNV

sanjip
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sanjip » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:42 am

I had contacted Precihole about it and was advised to give the gun to any of their dealers in Kolkata for service. Dealers want the gun to be given to them and after a couple of days they will return it back to me after servicing. I want to see the servicing myself so that I can decide on spot what part/s I must replace and grease the inside properly so that the air rifle works upto my satisfaction.

prashantjha19
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prashantjha19 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:04 pm

Thank you for the encouragement, dear GNV!
Yes, I can put up a home-based spring compressor unit, and I am ever so keen to service my piece. But what I am unsure of (looking at the action chamber of my Spartan) is how should I handle the trigger assembly while taking the spring and piston out. It makes me shaky every time I think of opening up my AR.
Any advice on how to handle the trigger piece on the VX 100 while opening the chamber will be a much gratifying piece of guidance please. I know it will be a sound one...coming from much experienced pros like you, and will look forward.
Thank you in advance and with best regards,
Prashant

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:16 pm

I had not seen a Spartan gun. But I guess it's trigger is basically same as the SX/NX series guns. You can disassemble and reassemble the PH SX/NX series guns without removing the trigger as I had shown in my thread long ago.
https://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopi ... 22&t=23444
If you go through this thread you’ll know how to do it. You’ll find how to remove the piston, spring etc without removing the trigger is on page 1 itself.

GNV

prashantjha19
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prashantjha19 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:00 pm

My sincere thanks, dear GNV! So truly appreciate your help and revert. I am going immediately to the link you have suggested.....and may have to come bac to you to seek any clarity, etc (I am sure you will kindly forgive me for bugging you). Am new but highly enthused to learn! Thank you again for bearing with people like me.
Warm regards,
Prashant

mayankbanerjee1
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by mayankbanerjee1 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:18 am

sanjip wrote:I had contacted Precihole about it and was advised to give the gun to any of their dealers in Kolkata for service. Dealers want the gun to be given to them and after a couple of days they will return it back to me after servicing. I want to see the servicing myself so that I can decide on spot what part/s I must replace and grease the inside properly so that the air rifle works upto my satisfaction.

Hello,.

Could you able to get it serviced in front of you.

Regards

Mayank

sanjip
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sanjip » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:54 pm

not yet....do you know any gunsmith who can do it in front of me?

mayankbanerjee1
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by mayankbanerjee1 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:34 pm

sanjip wrote:not yet....do you know any gunsmith who can do it in front of me?
Unfortunately no sir. I am planning to do it by myself. I am not happy with my NX 100. Fired some 1000 precipill pellet and found the gun to be bit sloppy. I will bring a chrony with me this summer when i visit India. I am planning to do a health check-up of my gun during that time.

Regards

Mayank

satvender
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satvender » Tue May 22, 2018 7:15 pm

Hello Everyone..can anyone here has NX100 Scorpius user manual...Please share and specifications

narach93
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by narach93 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:12 am

Dear Satvender. Pl refer to the images for specifications of NX .22 Scorpius as well as SX .22. I have checked that the user manual of NX .22 is similar to NX .177. Assuming that you have the manual of .177 I am not posting the manual of the Scorpius. However if you want that specific one, I will definitely post soon. As far as specifications of scorpius concerned, every parameter is correct except the muzzle energy vis-a-vis the muzzle velocity. I have one of the best chrono and have readings of many types of pellets. Very soon I will share my data with my friends of this forum. This gun is giving max MZ Of 10
manual NX and SX_2.jpg
manual NX and SX_1.jpg
FPE using 11.9 grain of RWS Hobby. The SX is giving much less than that.
Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

prashantjha19
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prashantjha19 » Wed May 23, 2018 4:52 pm

Thanks dear, Narach93 for sharing the chrono results. We will look forward to the detailed profiling you are working on.

I may also kind of corroborate your chrono results - My VX100 in .177 in standard state of tune (factory) and post one thousand or so shots is giving a max of under 9FLb of ME. [Will document and post variations when I change the state of tune later!!]

That leaves us all wondering : What pellet weights does Precihole test its guns with when they claim 12FLb /800 FPS for all their springers?? Are these those extra light weight alloy pellets?? Or are we missing something please??
It is indeed disconcerting that users are barely ever able to realize these claimed ME levels. Concerns on these lines, as you would have noticed, are across the board. Will be good to get a hang of this.
Thanks again,
Prashant

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Wed May 23, 2018 6:59 pm

prashantjha19 wrote:Thanks dear, Narach93 for sharing the chrono results. We will look forward to the detailed profiling you are working on.

I may also kind of corroborate your chrono results - My VX100 in .177 in standard state of tune (factory) and post one thousand or so shots is giving a max of under 9FLb of ME. [Will document and post variations when I change the state of tune later!!]

That leaves us all wondering : What pellet weights does Precihole test its guns with when they claim 12FLb /800 FPS for all their springers?? Are these those extra light weight alloy pellets?? Or are we missing something please??
It is indeed disconcerting that users are barely ever able to realize these claimed ME levels. Concerns on these lines, as you would have noticed, are across the board. Will be good to get a hang of this.
Thanks again,
Prashant
Dear Prashant ,
Days back I was given to test the power of NX 100 ,using SimpChrony by IFGian Srirup and that clocked 10.4 ftlbs energy in .177.
This much energy is good enough till 35 yds.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............