Transfer of Fire Arm from one state to another state with in the Republic of India under family heirloom policy

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
eskaybee
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Transfer of Fire Arm from one state to another state with in the Republic of India under family heirloom policy

Post by eskaybee » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:45 pm

Dear Admin,
This is in reference with a similar query posted by Mr. Rahul Rathi on Jan 11, 2017 , my Late grandfather  having ALL INDIA LICENSE for a DBBL gun
owned by him  for a period more than 25 years, after his death the gun was surrendered and deposited with a gun smith under proper receipt of the gun house in the state of Haryana. As we had migrated from our home state of Haryana to  Andhra Pradesh/Telangana  almost 30 years back and have all proper credentials including Election Commission Card,  Pass port ,Ration Card, Aadhar Card etc; in AP/Telangana.
As I had applied for  grant of fresh License  in Hyderabad almost 6 months back to inherit the gun  under heirloom policy with all my proper documents and No Objection certificates of other legal heirs, but the police verification department have rejected my application stating that you have to apply  a license in your home town in Haryana state only, Kindly refer to your response to a query , a very similar case like mine  , query
submitted by Mr. Rahul Rathi and response given by Mr.goodboy_mentor and Mr. Anand follows as under:

Arms License Transfer under Heirloom Category from Another state Report this post Quote
Postby rahulrathi83  렗ed Jan 11, 2017 2:23 pm
Hi,

My grandfather was an ex-serviceman and having all India license issued in Haryana for his single bore Gun. He expired in January 2014, his arms
license expired in July 2015 and I deposited his gun in local police station in Haryana in Jan 2017. Now i want to apply for arms license to get
back his gun from police station and retain that gun. But the problem is that i live in Delhi . My grandfathers license was issued in Harayana but I
live in Delhi and all address proofs are of Delhi. Can i apply for arms license under heirloom category here in Delhi. Will Delhi licensing
authority consider another state's license as heirloom category applicant for new arms license.

goodboy_mentor  Posts: 2785 Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:35 pm Re: Arms License Transfer under Heirloom Category from Another state Report
this post Quote Postby goodboy_mentor  렗ed Jan 11, 2017 5:08 pm There is no legal problem for applying in Delhi for a gun that is already
submitted with Police in Haryana. In other words you are not prohibited from applying in Delhi.

Anand  Posts: 576 Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:29 am Location: Hyderabad Re: Arms License Transfer under Heirloom Category from Another state Report this post Quote Postby Anand  렗ed Jan 11, 2017 10:04 pm You can be living anywhere and you will still qualify for an arms license
under heirloom category, while your late grand father's license may have
been issued in Haryana. It makes no difference, its like inheriting
property.
Anand

Now, my concern is  whether  a Legal heir can apply  for a fire arm license from anywhere in India ( under the Arms License Transfer under Heirloom
Category from Another state ) is notified in any G.O. or  do you have any such notification  with  you or else you  can provide me with any link
where it  is mentioned or  described in detail,  which may help me to get my application through with the police verification department  for grant
of license. I shall be highly thankful if you can help me on this.  Reply awaited.
Regards,
Eskaybee.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Transfer of Fire Arm from one state to another state with in the Republic of India under family heirloom policy

Post by Anand » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:52 am

It appears from your posts that the reason for issue of the Arms license, ie transfer of a firearm under heirloom category to a rightful heir is not being questioned.
Only where to apply is in question. Normally a person applies where they are normally resident. This will apply to you too, After the grant of the license, the said firearm can be transfered from the gunhouse where it is deposited, to a local arms dealer in Telangana, and then on to your arms license.