IHP "National" air rifles & pistols

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Re: IHP "National" air rifles & pistols

Post by Basu » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:55 pm

Barrel can not be rebored from high to low but can be changed.
There one requires to have a new barrel.
I had changed the barrel of my Tommy 35 with a fresh barrel.
That worked pretty well.
Remember , one needs to have good gunsmith to do that.
Only in old Tommy I saw pipe barrel.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

For Advertising mail webmaster
sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:59 pm

Basuda, from where & which gunsmith did you get bore changed? And where did you get a new barrel and approx cost of changing process? I am planning to get my smooth bore model 23 changed to a rifled barrel. Low powered accurate gun bug has bitten me too. :D
"Aim small, miss small."

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:43 am

Dear sam47,
If your 23 is from SDB , you can approach them.
Even though I doubt if they do that at all.
I got it done from Duttababu of Appu Brand AR maker.
Their factory near Shyam Bz is closed now.
Low power light gun gives immense pleasure of shooting.
I enjoyed that with my National 25.
I would suggest , wait for GenNex .
A gun of 2.6 kgs, 650 fps at muzzle, least noise and feather trigger , will surely outbeat other ARs in terms of shooting pleasure.
But remember shooting with this soft gun ,is real habit forming :D :D

Basu

gun nut
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gun nut » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:04 am

Very Wise , Sam 47.I'll follow your advice and ask IHP for a new barrel and cocking link.My other air rifles in .22 are old and can be gracefully retired.
Thanks for your prompt response.
Gun nut.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:44 pm

Basu wrote: I would suggest , wait for GenNex .
A gun of 2.6 kgs, 650 fps at muzzle, least noise and feather trigger , will surely outbeat other ARs in terms of shooting pleasure.
But remember shooting with this soft gun ,is real habit forming :D :D
That gun is definitely in my to do list, especially after relubing the artemis, it is the personification of smoothness, power and accuracy together. I can only imagine what the GenNex will do. But I wish they had named it with a greek or roman name like pluto or venus like the name of Artemis. A nice cool name gives twice the pleasure while shooting and talking about the gun. :D
gun nut wrote:Very Wise , Sam 47.I'll follow your advice and ask IHP for a new barrel and cocking link.My other air rifles in .22 are old and can be gracefully retired.
Thanks for your prompt response.
Gun nut.

you are welcome and glad to have been of help.
"Aim small, miss small."

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:55 pm

Recently I tried removing some coils from my ARs and tested their performance. They becomes really easier to cock and very much reduced recoil.I found that all my air rifles are heavily preloaded. But I have seen that German HW ARs have very less preload which can be striped and reassembled without a spring compressor. Apart from smooth and effortless operation, working life of internal parts like piston washer and outer parts like breach washer,trigger, scope,etc will last for long time.Also will improve accuracy due to less recoil.Also the spring lasts longer than a heavily preloaded spring.I found my springs were heavily bent inside.So there is lot of reasons to avoid a heavy preload. If you feel that the recoil and thud is heavy, then you can easily remove 3 or 4 coils and stay with same power.
With regards,
vsraja

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:24 pm

vsraja wrote: Apart from smooth and effortless operation, working life of internal parts like piston washer and outer parts like breach washer,trigger, scope,etc will last for long time.Also will improve accuracy due to less recoil.Also the spring lasts longer than a heavily preloaded spring.I found my springs were heavily bent inside.So there is lot of reasons to avoid a heavy preload. If you feel that the recoil and thud is heavy, then you can easily remove 3 or 4 coils and stay with same power.
:agree: I have done the experiment with gd-600. Even when I disassembled my Artemis yesterday, the spring was bent at the anterior end. After straightening , the gun is smoother to cock and more consistent with the power. But I am not cutting away the coils as i apprehend power loss , which I certainly dont want in my beloved Artemis. Funny thing is that like hw, air arms tx200 mk iii also doesnot have any preload, yet it nears 15 fpe with astonishing consistency.
"Aim small, miss small."

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:56 pm

In 2 words for both rifle and pistol - absolutely crap!!

Sent from my SM-A500G using Tapatalk

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Help needed

Post by Kittu » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:49 am

Hi ifgns
Some help and advise needed from Air gun gurus.I have a ihp 25 model.I used it for plinking for last two years it was lying useless.So i decided to change
spring piston etc but when i disassembled it and saw piston tube was badly rusted and pitted.i cleaned tube with sandpaper tied to a cleaning rod but could not remove all pitting but managed to bring it back in workable condition.After that i searched forum and ordered gsmith spring,leather piston seal(thought rubber seal will not last couple of hundred shots under pitting and tooling marks) and some pellets from Kovi Bazar and received seal and spring yesterday.Cleaned piston and all things and applied a thin coat of castrol gel grease and assembled rifle.But gun refused to cock because spring was long then i disassebled gun and sawed of two coils of spring same result no cocking.sawed of one more spring coil and gun cocked and worked fine.while searching forum i did not came across any post which mentioned sawing of gsmith 25 spring to fit in model 25 rifle.Saw some post where cherokee spring needed some cutting but not gsmith 25.My question is it common or i got some wrong spring from kovi bazar(ordered some pellets and he delivered couple of thousand steel bb balls imported ones)Bariha sir,Basu da and respected gurus kindly shed some light
thanks

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:57 am

you have chosen wrong spring for the right rifle.
You should have opted for National 25 spring .
It has 29 coils and wire dia is 2.9 - 3.00 mm.
I guess you will find it difficult to get shot after shot consistency.
Leather seal is good till it retains softness.
Please check with the breech seal as well.

Basu

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Help needed

Post by Big Daddy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:02 am

ashokgodara wrote:Hi ifgns
Some help and advise needed from Air gun gurus.I have a ihp 25 model.I used it for plinking for last two years it was lying useless.So i decided to change
spring piston etc but when i disassembled it and saw piston tube was badly rusted and pitted.i cleaned tube with sandpaper tied to a cleaning rod but could not remove all pitting but managed to bring it back in workable condition.After that i searched forum and ordered gsmith spring,leather piston seal(thought rubber seal will not last couple of hundred shots under pitting and tooling marks) and some pellets from Kovi Bazar and received seal and spring yesterday.Cleaned piston and all things and applied a thin coat of castrol gel grease and assembled rifle.But gun refused to cock because spring was long then i disassebled gun and sawed of two coils of spring same result no cocking.sawed of one more spring coil and gun cocked and worked fine.while searching forum i did not came across any post which mentioned sawing of gsmith 25 spring to fit in model 25 rifle.Saw some post where cherokee spring needed some cutting but not gsmith 25.My question is it common or i got some wrong spring from kovi bazar(ordered some pellets and he delivered couple of thousand steel bb balls imported ones)Bariha sir,Basu da and respected gurus kindly shed some light
thanks
Other things you might want to know when putting in a new spring.

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2012/03/ ... ainspring/

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

Saahir
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Saahir » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:17 am

What is the cost of ihp 35b air rifle

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:56 am

Thanks Basu da BD for nice article
Basu da as i have searched mostly posts on forums and they all ended up gsmith or precihole springs.I fired some pellets today.not much power in shots,less vibration then reported by members here,soft trigger.maybe because of leather seal or gsmith have made some change in spring composition dont know.i am happy to go with ihp spring if you can point me to right direction to find ihp spring.i will gift gsmith spring to some young fellow member here.piston seal which one you will suggest? For breach seal i have your invention of hose pipe but i picked wrong one which have steel netting in them.i managed to cut it with electric cutter should i go with it or buy nylon netting one.i have ordered some o ring also from kovi bazzar for my scorpius nx 100 they will arrive in week or so.thanks again for your valuable suggestions

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:30 pm

You can contact AIMCO on line for National 25 spring.
Welding hose is the best for breech seal. You can get 1 ft at Rs 18-20/-.
With leather seal , the gun should generate close to 500 fps in .177 and that is pretty good for target shooting.
National 25 is very sweet AR.

Basu

ashwin1627
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ashwin1627 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:18 am

Hi everyone,
This will be my first post in the group. Ian new to the group but am reading a lot of information than posting content.

My grandfather had a IHP national air rifle back in 1994 , I was allowed to use it a lot in our farm for plinking. The rifle got damaged ,in the mean time our farm was sold and I lost track of the rifle after that.
Recently I decided to get back into plinking so bought a percihole nx100 , I would also love to buy a national model 35 just to own it as a collection to remind me of my childhood and farm. During my efforts to buy the IHP rifle I ran into out of stock on most online stores and finally the IHP website also disappointed me .

All you enthusiasts out there kindly guide me to any IHP national 35 rifle if available for sale . I shall procure the same.

Thanks in advance.
Ashwin NImage

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk