Precihole PCP

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Scarecrow3
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Precihole PCP

Post by Scarecrow3 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:23 pm

Big Daddy wrote:
Wanting to buy this for a long time. No reviews except this. Can anyone share their honest findings. The spread of pellets at 45mts is disturbing.

BD
I did order mine a few days back. I am planning to do a technical review (after all i'm an engineer by trade :mrgreen: ) but PH is taking surprisingly long to ship it. Hopefully GNV shall get his soon as well and we shall be witness to an immaculate technical treatise. i really did like your work with the aarmr mod 15 sir :D
There are daggers in men's smiles.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:04 pm

Scarecrow3 wrote:
Big Daddy wrote:
Wanting to buy this for a long time. No reviews except this. Can anyone share their honest findings. The spread of pellets at 45mts is disturbing.

BD
I did order mine a few days back. I am planning to do a technical review (after all i'm an engineer by trade :mrgreen: ) but PH is taking surprisingly long to ship it. Hopefully GNV shall get his soon as well and we shall be witness to an immaculate technical treatise. i really did like your work with the aarmr mod 15 sir :D
Looking forward to a detailed review. Thanks for the comment. It was actually a SDB SE. The very first one.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:06 am

odedratushar wrote:Now I am waiting for my scope and then will for a 100 meter range.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk
You might want to re look at your shooting result.
If this is the result at 45 metres, it can be attributed to only 4 things. 1) The choice of pellet does not suit the gun. Each gun behaves differently and two similar guns might need different pellets. 2) The gun itself is of inferior quality. I doubt this knowing PH's commitment to the cause, their quest for quality and the customer support......or a small glitch in the valve system determining air release (could be specific to your gun) 3) Wind. Something most shooters hate in open field target shooting. 4) The shooter. I do not know you hence no comments on your abilities and capabilities.
Would suggest you first find out the requirement to make a 1to 2 inch group at 45 mts before you even attempt 100 mts. Above is a friendly advice not to be mistaken.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

odedratushar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by odedratushar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:19 am

Big Daddy wrote:
odedratushar wrote:Now I am waiting for my scope and then will for a 100 meter range.

If this is the result at 45 metres, it can be attributed to only 4 things. 1) The choice of pellet does not suit the gun. Each gun behaves differently and two similar guns might need different pellets. 2) The gun itself is of inferior quality. I doubt this knowing PH's commitment to the cause, their quest for quality and the customer support......or a small glitch in the valve system determining air release (could be specific to your gun) 3) Wind. Something most shooters hate in open field target shooting. 4) The shooter. I do not know you hence no comments on your abilities and capabilities.
Would suggest you first find out the requirement to make a 1to 2 inch group at 45 mts before you even attempt 100 mts. Above is a friendly advice not to be mistaken.

BD
Thank you

pratik_mahale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pratik_mahale » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:50 am

Big Daddy wrote:

BD
+ 1

Hi Odedratushar
first congratulation for your new gun
but sorry to say all your video doesn't justify the performance of PH PCP
you can shoot a can or bottle from 25-30 meters with any Indian make springer air rifle
only I can make out from your video is the power of PCP.
so as you don't have scope I will suggest don't go for long range first try to shoot at 10 meters with PH pellets once you start getting nice group at 10 meters you can increase the range step by step

Happy & safe shooting
As BD already said above is a friendly advice not to be mistaken.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:44 am

This gun needs a proper review for the benefit of all potential buyers to decide whether to buy to or not. I had been waiting for one for nearly an year. But no one reviewed. So I decided to buy it and do it myself. Specs are good. Even if the gun disappoints me it would be a good experience. I have got everything except the gun with me. Tins of different quality pellets, A good scope, a Hill Pump, Shooting Chrony, a scope cam set up and range of 50 mts and some little experience shooting airguns. I have never shot a PCP but used quite a few multi pump pneumatics.
I don't take the results of Odedratushar as a review or anything. He has not yet overcome the excitement and simply posting the results of offhand plinking at long ranges without familiarizing him self with his new gun properly. Once he settles down he will do better.
All my accuracy results would be from bench rest shooting only and using a scope. I will also post scope cam videos of the same. Also FPS with different pellets.

GNV

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:10 pm

Dear GNV,

looking forward for your meaningful post.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:57 pm

GNV wrote:This gun needs a proper review for the benefit of all potential buyers to decide whether to buy to or not. I had been waiting for one for nearly an year. But no one reviewed. So I decided to buy it and do it myself. Specs are good. Even if the gun disappoints me it would be a good experience. I have got everything except the gun with me. Tins of different quality pellets, A good scope, a Hill Pump, Shooting Chrony, a scope cam set up and range of 50 mts and some little experience shooting airguns. I have never shot a PCP but used quite a few multi pump pneumatics.
I don't take the results of Odedratushar as a review or anything. He has not yet overcome the excitement and simply posting the results of offhand plinking at long ranges without familiarizing him self with his new gun properly. Once he settles down he will do better.
All my accuracy results would be from bench rest shooting only and using a scope. I will also post scope cam videos of the same. Also FPS with different pellets.

GNV
Sir ji,

I do not agree with the part "little experience shooting air guns" :D . Your views, reviews and comments are some of the most sort after and respected posts.

BD

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Dear Basu and BD,
Thanks.
My review would be complete and totally honest as they always had been. I am here to share and learn. I have no axes to grind.

GNV

Added in 43 minutes 10 seconds:
Just received a knock down target and some pellets from airgunindia.com.
Ordered other pellets from kovibazaar.com. They are lying at fedex office in Rajahmundry for the past 3 days hope to get them by today's evening.

I intend to use the below pellets for my review.

1. Gamo Hunter RH - 7.56 gr
2. Gamo Magnum PH - 7.87 gr
3. COAL Field Domed - 8.64 gr
4. JSB Exact - 8.44 gr
5. JSB Heavy - 10.34 gr.
6. RWS Hyper Max Lead Free - 5.2 gr
7. G Smith Hi Impact - 9.4 gr
8. Precipell Field Target - 8.7 gr.

Here are some pics of the knock down target.

They are very easy to make locally in even small towns. I intend to have a few fabricated in a weeks time since it seems the PCP will not be coming for another week or so I intend to occupy myself with some interesting work. All work at my plantation came to a halt due to heavy rains and the weather forecast says it will rain so for another 4 or 5 days.

I'll try and post a video showing how the knock down target works tonight if I can get my son to shoot the video. Here are the pics

Added in 2 minutes 48 seconds:
CIMG0007.JPG
CIMG0008.JPG
CIMG0009.JPG
CIMG0010.JPG
Added in 1 minute 16 seconds:
CIMG0011.JPG
CIMG0012.JPG
Added in 14 minutes 54 seconds:
And FX Mini Magazines are on their way from airgundepot.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:27 pm

GNV wrote:I intend to use the below pellets for my review.

4. JSB Exact - 8.44 gr
5. JSB Heavy - 10.34 gr.
No h&n lined up?

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:30 pm

Unfortunately no

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:26 pm

Knockdown target video link

odedratushar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by odedratushar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:00 pm

GNV wrote:Dear Basu and BD,
Thanks.
My review would be complete and totally honest as they always had been. I am here to share and learn. I have no axes to grind.

GNV

Added in 43 minutes 10 seconds:
Just received a knock down target and some pellets from airgunindia.com.
Ordered other pellets from kovibazaar.com. They are lying at fedex office in Rajahmundry for the past 3 days hope to get them by today's evening.

I intend to use the below pellets for my review.

4. JSB Exact - 8.44 gr
5. JSB Heavy - 10.34 gr.

Here are some pics of the knock down target.

They are very easy to make locally in even small towns. I intend to have a few fabricated in a weeks time since it seems the PCP will not be coming for another week or so I intend to occupy myself with some interesting work. All work at my plantation came to a halt due to heavy rains and the weather forecast says it will rain so for another 4 or 5 days.

I'll try and post a video showing how the knock down target works tonight if I can get my son to shoot the video. Here are the pics

Added in 2 minutes 48 seconds:
CIMG0007.JPG
CIMG0008.JPG
CIMG0009.JPG
CIMG0010.JPG
Added in 1 minute 16 seconds:
CIMG0011.JPG
CIMG0012.JPG
Added in 14 minutes 54 seconds:
And FX Mini Magazines are on their way from airgundepot.com
I have ordered the FX Magazine for airgundepot and they canceled the order since they are not shipping it to India.
Please confirm if you receive.

pratik_mahale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pratik_mahale » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:58 pm

GNV wrote:Knockdown target video link

nice video sir
worth watching
planning to make it but auto resettable with servo motor
now waiting for you PH PCP review

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:26 pm

Thank You Pratik. Only today I called the Precihole Sports and they told me that it would take another 2 -3 weeks to dispatch my gun. It seems as if they are starting to make the gun after they received the payment only. The PH online shop displays the no of rifles in stock but it seems as if the info is incorrect. How long would it take to assemble a PCP gun from readily available parts even by one individual ? I guess an individual can assemble, adjust the power and test at least 4 guns in an 8 hour shift at a leisurely pace. Very strange attitude from the only professionally organised modern air gun manufacturer in India.
GNV

Added in 11 minutes 7 seconds:
They kept their customers waiting for years before launching the Gun which is quite understandable because they wanted to give a good product. But after launching the product it is different especially giving the no.of guns in stock before taking an order and then after getting paid telling the customer that it would take a few weeks to dispatch the gun. It simply sucks.