Arms license application rejected

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Saahir
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Arms license application rejected

Post by Saahir » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:59 pm

Hello respected members

I had applied a 12 bore armlicense in rajasthan last year .but DM rejected my application bcoz they did not found any recent life threat .

What should i do to get license

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Arms license application rejected

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:35 pm

Saahir wrote:I had applied a 12 bore armlicense in rajasthan last year .but DM rejected my application bcoz they did not found any recent life threat .

Threat or no threat is just a figment of wild imagination created by babus, it has no legal value under Arms Act 1959 for citizen of India. If you are not offending Section 9 of Arms Act 1959 and are citizen of India, then under Section 13(3)(a)(i) of Arms Act 1959 you must be issued arms license. This legal right of citizen is flowing into Section 13(3)(a)(i) of Arms Act 1959 from Article 19(1)(b) of the Constitution. Following are the legal steps after rejection -

1. Politely get the reason for rejection of license in writing, with proper sign and stamp. Then appeal to the appellate authority.

2. If still rejected by the appellate authority, approach the High Court. If still rejected approach the Supreme Court.

When required, the following thread would give enough masala for your lawyer viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25102
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Saahir
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Saahir » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:52 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:
Saahir wrote:I had applied a 12 bore armlicense in rajasthan last year .but DM rejected my application bcoz they did not found any recent life threat .

Threat or no threat is just a figment of wild imagination created by babus, it has no legal value under Arms Act 1959 for citizen of India. If you are not offending Section 9 of Arms Act 1959 and are citizen of India, then under Section 13(3)(a)(i) of Arms Act 1959 you must be issued arms license. This legal right of citizen is flowing into Section 13(3)(a)(i) of Arms Act 1959 from Article 19(1)(b) of the Constitution. Following are the legal steps after rejection -

1. Politely get the reason for rejection of license in writing, with proper sign and stamp. Then appeal to the appellate authority.

2. If still rejected by the appellate authority, approach the High Court. If still rejected approach the Supreme Court.

When required, the following thread would give enough masala for your lawyer viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25102

Ya i know .but wat about this

http://m.ndtv.com/delhi-news/weapons-no ... ai-rum=off

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:46 pm

"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Saahir
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Saahir » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:06 am

Can anyone describe wat kind of proof they want for threat .. its a FIR or FR copy

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:46 am

"What they want" is highly subjective and could be anything. What you should do in stead is:

1) Go to NCRB website and download statistics of violent crimes over the past 10-20 years (all India and for your state).
2) Collate the data and show the upward trend in violent crime and random acts of violence
3) You can also get some numbers from https://www.indiansforguns.com/right_to_protection.pdf , though they are some years old

Present your case as being (rightfully) fearful of some random act of violence befalling you/ your family and your desire to take some measures to be able to protect yourself in case any such eventuality arises.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:08 pm

Moreover, the State through it's Parliament has officially acknowledged that it is not always possible or sufficient to provide security by government in the Section 2(f) of Private Security Agencies (Regulation) Act, 2005. That is why it says the following -
"private security" means security provided by a person, other than a public servant, to protect or guard any person or property or both and includes provision of armoured car service;
Section 2(f) is saying the above because the "private security" also includes the inherent right to private security provided by person to himself, his family and society. The right of "private defense" as mentioned from Sections 96 to 106 IPC is also a part of the right of "private security".

Similarly, the Section 2(g) of Private Security Agencies (Regulation) Act, 2005 tells what is a private security agency. it says the following -
"private security agency" means a person or body of persons other than a government agency, department or organisation engaged in the business of providing private security services including training to private security guards or their supervisor or providing private security guards to any industrial or business undertaking or a company or any other person or property;
Section 2(g) is saying the above because the private security agency includes the inherent right to free agency in every person to provide private security to himself, his family and society.

Similarly the Section 2(h) of Private Security Agencies (Regulation) Act, 2005 tells what is a private security guard. It says the following -
"private security guard" means a person providing private security with or without arms to another person or property or both and includes a supervisor;
Section 2(h) is saying the above because every person has inherent right be an armed private security guard to himself, his family and society.

Saahir
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Saahir » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:23 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:Moreover, the State through it's Parliament has officially acknowledged that it is not always possible or sufficient to provide security by government in the Section 2(f) of Private Security Agencies (Regulation) Act, 2005. That is why it says the following -
"private security" means security provided by a person, other than a public servant, to protect or guard any person or property or both and includes provision of armoured car service;
Section 2(f) is saying the above because the "private security" also includes the inherent right to private security provided by person to himself, his family and society. The right of "private defense" as mentioned from Sections 96 to 106 IPC is also a part of the right of "private security".

Similarly, the Section 2(g) of Private Security Agencies (Regulation) Act, 2005 tells what is a private security agency. it says the following -
"private security agency" means a person or body of persons other than a government agency, department or organisation engaged in the business of providing private security services including training to private security guards or their supervisor or providing private security guards to any industrial or business undertaking or a company or any other person or property;
Section 2(g) is saying the above because the private security agency includes the inherent right to free agency in every person to provide private security to himself, his family and society.

Similarly the Section 2(h) of Private Security Agencies (Regulation) Act, 2005 tells what is a private security guard. It says the following -
"private security guard" means a person providing private security with or without arms to another person or property or both and includes a supervisor;
Section 2(h) is saying the above because every person has inherent right be an armed private security guard to himself, his family and society.
This is the A of ace

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:13 pm

Saahir wrote:This is the A of ace
Thank you!

Lubughy
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Lubughy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:33 pm

Saahir wrote:Hello respected members

I had applied a 12 bore armlicense in rajasthan last year .but DM rejected my application bcoz they did not found any recent life threat .

Hello frnd
As per you fresh arms licence rejected due to no life threat was a non sense issue of rejection by the authority coz I got two threat followed by attacked both the times but today second time my licence is not get approved by my district DC.