rifle training in Delhi for foreigner?

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
Snipe
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

rifle training in Delhi for foreigner?

Post by Snipe » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Hello, I'm a long range competitive shooter from Europe and will spend in Delhi couple of months.I'm looking for some information how can I train rifle shooting during my stay in Delhi. I will stay in Green Park near Siri Fort but it looks that there is only short air rifle range there. Is there an option to train with at least .22 fire gun rifle in Delhi?

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: rifle training in Delhi for foreigner?

Post by mundaire » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:38 pm

You can take membership of the Dr. Karni Singh Shooting Range at Tughlakabad, but I hear the membership/ fees for foreign nationals are fairly steep. IIRC they charge something to the tune of ₹2,000 per day (as range charges) for foreign nationals, which is 10x what we locals have to pay. I'm assuming the same applies to monthly fees, which are ₹3,000 per month for Indians.

However, range membership does not entitle you to rent out rifles or purchase ammunition at the range. You must supply your own targets, arms & ammunition.

To be able to rent out rifles (from the range armoury), you will need an arms license for the type of firearm you wish to rent. I very much doubt you would be able to procure said arms license in a hurry/ at all.

In a nutshell, unless you have a local friend (with an arms license) who is willing to lend you his rifle/ rent out one on your behalf as well as to procure the ammunition for you... the chances of you being able to pursue your hobby here are rather slim.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Snipe
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Snipe » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:03 pm

Thanks @mundaire for your reply. It doesn't sound good. Does this situation apply to both firearms and air guns or with fire guns is easier? I could at least do some training with fire guns then.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:37 am

The problem is with renting out firearms and procuring ammunition for the same. You should be able to rent out an airgun without much fuss.

It struck me later that you have ONE MORE OPTION. When you go to the range you can look for a professional coach there. The coach should be able to provide you with a target rifle and ammunition for training at the range under his/ her direct supervision. He/ she would of course charge you a fee for the same. I think under the circumstances, this may be the best possible option for you to train at the range.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Snipe
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Snipe » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:44 pm

@mundaire it's a good idea. I would be able to learn how to improve my standing position as well. Do you know where to find such an option in Delhi?

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:15 pm

I personally don't know of any rifle coaches (since I don't shoot that event). I would suggest going to the range on the weekend (when it is the busiest) and ask around at the 50 meter range. You should be able to zero in on one/ more coaches via this route.

www.gunowners.in

Snipe
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Snipe » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:25 pm

Thanks. So the next question is where can I find 50m ranges in Delhi? I reserved apartment near Siri Fort because there is a range there but now I got information that it's just a 10m (!) range. There is not much info about Delhi range length on the Internet.