Hello from Hyderabad

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
K1eaner
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Hello from Hyderabad

Post by K1eaner » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:12 pm

Hello everyone,

Glad to be a part of the forums. My name is Subhan but I go by the screen name K1eaner (Gaming/online name). I've had an interest in long range shooting for a while and wanted to get into it, so here I am. Going to get a local made .177 Air gun and join the local rifle club in Gachibowi (if it's still there).

I see a lot of the members have imported weapons from abroad and I've read how you've done it, will give that a try later on (when my finances give me permission) also wanted to go about applying for a firearms license. For now, will ease into this exiting hobby.

Cheers.

Edit: Don't know if this will show, but I've been replying and posting on this thread. I guess I need to wait for a mod to give me posting rights.
Last edited by K1eaner on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Hello from Hyderabad

Post by StampMaster » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:49 pm

Welcome to IFG,

Yes Gachibowli shooting range is still going well. There are lot of shops in Hyderabad for Indian air guns.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

K1eaner
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by K1eaner » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:19 pm

Thank you StamMaster.

Will go there soon then :D. I see that there's a trading section in these forums, but no one's offering anything. Would be nice if some members are willing to part with their old air guns. I wouldn't mind paying for a used one. Local or international. Give it a bit of spit and shine, oil it and use it.

I'd much rather experiment on a used gun with respect to how it works and maintenance than on a new one :D.

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:48 pm

Welcome buddy.
Indian or imported, what's important is that you enjoy the sport. From where in Hyderabad are you?

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

K1eaner
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by K1eaner » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:22 pm

Big Daddy wrote:Welcome buddy.
Indian or imported, what's important is that you enjoy the sport. From where in Hyderabad are you?

BD
Well Secunderabad to be more precise. I live in Bownepally.

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:33 am

K1eaner wrote:I live in Bownepally.
Where in Bowenpally ? Have you lived there long ? I was born and brought up in Bowenpally :)

K1eaner
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by K1eaner » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:20 pm

HSharief wrote:
K1eaner wrote:I live in Bownepally.
Where in Bowenpally ? Have you lived there long ? I was born and brought up in Bowenpally :)
Near Gulf bakery, at the bowenpally crossroads. We've lived here all my life, well, since 1995 that is. Where do you live? Location on your profile says Misrigunj.