Arms License Transfer under Heirloom Category from Another state

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
rahulrathi83
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Arms License Transfer under Heirloom Category from Another state

Post by rahulrathi83 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:23 pm

Hi,

My grandfather was an ex-serviceman and having all India license issued in Haryana for his single bore Gun. He expired in January 2014, his arms license expired in July 2015 and I deposited his gun in local police station in Haryana in Jan 2017. Now i want to apply for arms license to get back his gun from police station and retain that gun. But the problem is that i live in Delhi . My grandfathers license was issued in Harayana but I live in Delhi and all address proofs are of Delhi. Can i apply for arms license under heirloom category here in Delhi. Will Delhi licensing authority consider another state's license as heirloom category applicant for new arms license.

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Arms License Transfer under Heirloom Category from Another state

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:08 pm

There is no legal problem for applying in Delhi for a gun that is already submitted with Police in Haryana. In other words you are not prohibited from applying in Delhi.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Arms License Transfer under Heirloom Category from Another state

Post by Anand » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:04 pm

You can be living anywhere and you will still qualify for an arms license under heirloom category, while your late grand father's license may have been issued in Haryana. It makes no difference, its like inheriting property.
Anand