Which airgun should I buy?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
vicky303
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Which airgun should I buy?

Post by vicky303 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:31 pm

Hey guys... first of all thanks for accepting me in here... i am new to the world of air rifles. Ill need your sudestions n help. And its the reason to be here. Actually i am thinking of a brand esa and its model magnum 500 its looking very cool n the person selling it(store keeper) claims that its the best rifle in its class even better than ihp national rifles... i want your sugestions as u people are experienced and having its lots of knoledge please help me. Hope for a reply as soon as possibe.... thank you...☺

For Advertising mail webmaster
ibalajis
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ibalajis » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:41 am

Hi all, newbie here... Based on the various suggestions, I have ordered my first ever AR, a Precihole NX-100 from aimco :)

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:40 am

DearAll,

It all boils down to the mulah one has and the use one needs it for , if I had a choice and the money was no object ( if wishes were horses...) would have bought a Daystate Airwolf.
However am pretty much blessed even now, and have a Diana 460 in .22 and a Feinwerkbau Sport in .177. Both excellent rifles and highly recommend either one.

All the Best,

Chicky

X-Men
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by X-Men » Thu May 14, 2015 1:59 am

Hello,

I am new to this forum and as well as on air guns. Planning to purchase my first air gun. Can anyone suggest a good air gun for beginners like me...

PS: New to this site so please bear with me if I posted on a wrong forum.

Regards,
Anup

inFocusIndia
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by inFocusIndia » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:30 pm

Hello Everyone,

This question was bugging me too... went into some search..
Today I bought a Precihole air rifle NX-100 Camo Butt..
Good Power and accuracy as compared to my previous air rifle ... Happy with its performance...

Regards,
Tarun.

Martin301
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

SDB Classic 45, .177 cal air rifle

Post by Martin301 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:42 pm

Hi I'm a new bee to this forum and air guns. Last week I bought a SDB classic 45 .177 cal air rifel in chennai. To my surprise the air gun was so accurate at about 10m( that's bcoz of space constraint) I bought Blanca 6m target papers but used it for 10 mts. The gun shot perfectly . I was so surprised to get that much accuracy from sdb and that too on a standing position without resting the rifle on any thing.

amviraj
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by amviraj » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:43 pm

Hi all,
want to buy a air pistol / rifle for fun pinking at my farm. We had a 0.22 air pistol while in college of local make. I was considering buying from 10kya as I can avail their warehouse pickup option. Are the rates offered for IHP National 35 0.177 / Phoenix 0.177 SP50 reasonable ? or should other dealer to be considered? Also should I buy Air Pistol or Rifle. (Not Planning to spend much. the 2nd hand purchase option is also open)

Samaresh.Basu
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Requesting for help, to solve my queries...

Post by Samaresh.Basu » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:12 am

Respected Sir,
Hello,
This is Mr.Samaresh Basu, from GONDIA, Maharashtra, INDIA. I have some query about Rifle Shooting. I am new in this field. So sir, here I am requesting you, please give my questions - answers, in my given mail id -. I will be very obliged to you. My queries are.-

(1) I am now 44years old, Is there any age limit during state level rifle championship / national level rifle championship / international level rifle championship, like Olympic, common wealth etc..?

(2) Which type of rifle I should buy for my good practice for my best performance.?

(3) How many types of competitions are held, during nation or international competitions, like 10.Mtr etc in details please.?

hope for the best & earliest reply from your side.
thanks
-Samaresh Basu.

pawanaligarh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by pawanaligarh » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:47 am

amviraj wrote:Hi all,
want to buy a air pistol / rifle for fun pinking at my farm. We had a 0.22 air pistol while in college of local make. I was considering buying from 10kya as I can avail their warehouse pickup option. Are the rates offered for IHP National 35 0.177 / Phoenix 0.177 SP50 reasonable ? or should other dealer to be considered? Also should I buy Air Pistol or Rifle. (Not Planning to spend much. the 2nd hand purchase option is also open)
I too had a local made air pistol, which could not shoot accurately beyond 10 inches. :D
I had a calcutta made AR too. I used it for plinking.
But i always wanted to have a powerful yet accurate airgun. But air rifle was not easy to carry and costly, so to start with a decent amount of investment, i purchased a Precihole SP50 0.177 Phoenix.
Its fairly accurate upto a reasonable distance (probably upto 25mts). But you should use good quality pellets as well(h&n excite or mastershot flathead).

Trigger is something you need to worry about. Test fire a few shots before buying from a dealer to make sure you are able to fire it comfortably. It should not cost you above 5k.
P_20170102_095329_1.jpg
:deadhorse:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

K1eaner
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by K1eaner » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:48 pm

How's the Crosman Optimus?

Saw one at Here, on that note, how reliable is the website? I tried looking around the forums, found bits and pieces of information on it, nothing solid. Would appreciate first hand feedback on should I get it from there or not.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:19 am

K1eaner wrote:How's the Crosman Optimus?

Saw one at Here, on that note, how reliable is the website? I tried looking around the forums, found bits and pieces of information on it, nothing solid. Would appreciate first hand feedback on should I get it from there or not.
I see you have an obsession over foreign guns. :) The Indian market though deprived, has plenty of good break barrel rifles that should be perfect for your use. If you are going to get a imported gun get a HW or Air Arms springer. That will be worth your money and trouble, or better a PCP like AA s410/s510 FAC extra or air force condor or talon.
And another advice stay away from that site( airgun India). The proprietor of the site got banned from this very forum for duping people of money and selling fake products. Try relish sports instead. They are trustworthy.
"Aim small, miss small."

K1eaner
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by K1eaner » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:33 am

sam 47 wrote: I see you have an obsession over foreign guns. :) The Indian market though deprived, has plenty of good break barrel rifles that should be perfect for your use. If you are going to get a imported gun get a HW or Air Arms springer. That will be worth your money and trouble, or better a PCP like AA s410/s510 FAC extra or air force condor or talon.
And another advice stay away from that site( airgun India). The proprietor of the site got banned from this very forum for duping people of money and selling fake products. Try relish sports instead. They are trustworthy.
The obsession is cause they're so darn sexy.....in terms of looks ofcourse. Local guns lack the finesse' or the Panache' as they call it, the aerodynamics to me seen way off, they look clunky. I know I'm being a candy-*ss with all that talk about how the guns look when I should be more concerned with how well they shoot ;)

Thank you for the input on what to get, would you care to elaborate on what a HW is and by Air Arms Springer, were you referring to the Air Arms TX200? Cause that's what showed up when I did a google search. I'm not too familiar with the lingo yet. Will switch over to Relish sports for my supplies then. :D

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:45 am

HW stands for Hans weihrauch, makers of some darn fine air rifles. HW95, HW80 are two of the best break barrel rifles in the market. Designed by those fine German engineers and making sure that each gun is finished perfectly, you will see that they have all features of a fine spring rifle including good looks. :lol: HW97kt in laminated wood stock is considered the second best rifle.
By air arms, I of course meant the TX200 mkiii. It is considered THE best spring gun in the world. Richly blued and finely chequered, they lack nothing in good looks, so much that you will worry every time about protecting their finished surfaces. Of course they are damn accurate and have fine triggers.
There is only one problem, they come with a price tag of 40k-60k. :mrgreen: And they don't come with open sights so you will have to get a scope. And they are not cheap to feed.
"Aim small, miss small."

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:22 am

K1eaner wrote:Will switch over to Relish sports for my supplies then. :D
I assume you have a rifle club membership because you will need it to import one even through Relish Sports.

See, there are 3 ways you get imported AR's in the country.

1) The secondhand market. This is the biggest source. Members / shooters, sell mostly because they are upgrading, and the rifles most of the time are in mint condition. Please note that there wont be a swell difference in cost between importing one and getting it secondhand.

2) Import using membership. You can do it directly or go through sport shops like Relish Sports. There is always the risk that your toy will be stuck forever in customs. The advantage of Relish Sports like dealers is that, though they charge you a little more, they guarantee your money or the sporting good.

3) The black market. I would highly recommend YOU KEEP OFF and neither does this forum encourage this source.

It's always good to have in hand import papers duly stamped by customs. Gives you a leverage if needed.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

K1eaner
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by K1eaner » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:32 pm

sam 47 wrote:HW stands for Hans weihrauch, makers of some darn fine air rifles. HW95, HW80 are two of the best break barrel rifles in the market. Designed by those fine German engineers and making sure that each gun is finished perfectly, you will see that they have all features of a fine spring rifle including good looks. :lol: HW97kt in laminated wood stock is considered the second best rifle.
By air arms, I of course meant the TX200 mkiii. It is considered THE best spring gun in the world. Richly blued and finely chequered, they lack nothing in good looks, so much that you will worry every time about protecting their finished surfaces. Of course they are damn accurate and have fine triggers.
There is only one problem, they come with a price tag of 40k-60k. :mrgreen: And they don't come with open sights so you will have to get a scope. And they are not cheap to feed.

Thanks for the info bro. Yeah, it costs a cool 50K (TX200 MKIII). Atleast one of them does, there are varying prices. I guess the scope will set me back another 2-4K, depending on quality. I tend to like the scratches and stuff on things, wear and tear, gives it a bit of character ;)

Big Daddy wrote:
K1eaner wrote:Will switch over to Relish sports for my supplies then. :D
I assume you have a rifle club membership because you will need it to import one even through Relish Sports.

See, there are 3 ways you get imported AR's in the country.

1) The secondhand market. This is the biggest source. Members / shooters, sell mostly because they are upgrading, and the rifles most of the time are in mint condition. Please note that there wont be a swell difference in cost between importing one and getting it secondhand.

2) Import using membership. You can do it directly or go through sport shops like Relish Sports. There is always the risk that your toy will be stuck forever in customs. The advantage of Relish Sports like dealers is that, though they charge you a little more, they guarantee your money or the sporting good.

3) The black market. I would highly recommend YOU KEEP OFF and neither does this forum encourage this source.

It's always good to have in hand import papers duly stamped by customs. Gives you a leverage if needed.

BD
Membership...right, about that is this link is the closest. I'm still no sure on where to join. Gachibowli is quite far from where I live and the RAAP office lists it in Srinagar, which is close to where I live. so I'm hoping they have a range close to their office address so I can practice and be back home for my chores and family. I NEED advise and information on clubs near secunderabad, please do share if you know of any.

I'm very open to buying second hand AG's. Would you please guide me to where/who I can approach to buy one.

Yeah, about the importing, read the threads and posts before I joined to forums to see how to go about doing it. Very tedious process. Atleast there is one retailer who's willing to take the grunt of importing the rifles.

Not too keen on the black market. Never a good idea to meddle with it. Always ends in a loss. Plus, with the guns laws being tightened. The last thing that I want to do is something idiotic that would contribute to them being even more tightened and God forbid a complete ban. I rather like to keep this hobby and be have it eased further to simple enjoyment.