Harvard Gun-control Study Destroys Gun-control Agenda

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Harvard Gun-control Study Destroys Gun-control Agenda

Post by mundaire » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:18 pm

You can read the article at http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/cr ... rol-agenda

You can also download the Harvard study at http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/org ... online.pdf
According to a study in the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy, which cites the Centers for Disease Control, the U.S. National Academy of Sciences and the United Nations International Study on Firearms Regulation, the more guns a nation has, the less criminal activity.

In other words, more firearms, less crime, concludes the virtually unpublicized research report by attorney Don B. Kates and Dr. Gary Mauser. But the key is firearms in the hands of private citizens.
When Kates and Mauser compared England with the United States, they found “’a negative correlation,’ that is, ‘where firearms are most dense violent crime rates are lowest, and where guns are least dense, violent crime rates are highest.’ There is no consistent significant positive association between gun ownership levels and violence rates.”

In 2004, the U.S. National Academy of Sciences released an evaluation from its review of existing research. After reviewing 253 journal articles, 99 books, 43 government publications and its own original empirical research, it failed to identify any gun control that had reduced violent crime, suicide, or gun accidents, note Kates and Mauser.

... [Yet] omehow, it goes unreported that “despite constant and substantially increasing gun ownership, the United States saw progressive and dramatic reductions in criminal violence,” write Kates and Mauser. “On the other hand, the same time period in the United Kingdom saw a constant and dramatic increase in violent crime to which England’s response was ever-more drastic gun control. Nevertheless, criminal violence rampantly increased so that by 2000 England surpassed the United States to become one of the developed world’s most violence-ridden nations.

Perhaps the solution is to accept new gun-control bills with one rider attached: Any legislator voting for it or chief executive signing it into law must place a “Gun Free Zone” sign in front of his house. Now that would be ideology colliding with reality.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Harvard Gun-control Study Destroys Gun-control Agenda

Post by nagarifle » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:33 am

Thanks Abhijeet for sharing this.

shame its not published. i wonder why?

as we all have been saying armed society is polite society
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

rahul_does
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Location: Yamunanagar, India, My bike, wherever I keep my bag.

Post by rahul_does » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:36 pm

"""THEY""" all know and realize and UNDERSTAND the commonsensical arguments in favour of and benefits of legal ownership of guns but they and their "AndhBhakts" (most of them NRIs, all my USA Democrat voting Indians look at me with greatest contempt as I carry my grandmother's Beretta 418 "Rahul, you need to grow up and give up "these things") NEED this oxygen to justify their existence!
Time heals many wounds and time wounds many heels.

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:33 pm

Thanks for sharing.......but will anyone pay heed to what has been written and implement.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:29 pm

It seems as if the Harvard Law School has taken the document down -- hmmm. This seems to have happened around the end of June, 2018.

Anyhow, here is a good link for obtaining the paper: https://web.archive.org/web/20180626181 ... online.pdf
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman