New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

Post by Anand » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:53 pm

Ex-Home Minister Chidambaram has been appointed Chairman of Parliamentary Committee on Home Affairs - Times of India Saturday, September 17, 2016. :shock: :cry:

For Advertising mail webmaster
rahul_does
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Location: Yamunanagar, India, My bike, wherever I keep my bag.

Re: RE: Re: New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

Post by rahul_does » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Anand wrote:Ex-Home Minister Chidambaram has been appointed Chairman of Parliamentary Committee on Home Affairs - Times of India Saturday, September 17, 2016. :shock: :cry:
What is there to cry about?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Time heals many wounds and time wounds many heels.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:17 pm

Chidambaram is known to have staunchly anti-gun views and whenever he has had a say in things, the laws have changed for the worse! Starting with the 1980's when he was MoS in the Home Ministry with a weak cabinet minister (Buta Singh), at the time he brought in the limit of 3 guns amongst other (negative) changes to the law. Ironically Buta Singh's son was arrested on Arms Act charges a few years back (karma can be a real b*tch :twisted: ).

Lets not forget the 2010 order, under his watch (as Home Minister), the negative fallout of which order is still stifling issuance of arms licenses nationwide.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:19 pm

mundaire wrote:Chidambaram is known to have staunchly anti-gun views and whenever he has had a say in things, the laws have changed for the worse! Starting with the 1980's when he was MoS in the Home Ministry with a weak cabinet minister (Buta Singh), at the time he brought in the limit of 3 guns amongst other (negative) changes to the law. Ironically Buta Singh's son was arrested on Arms Act charges a few years back (karma can be a real b*tch :twisted: ).

Lets not forget the 2010 order, under his watch (as Home Minister), the negative fallout of which order is still stifling issuance of arms licenses nationwide.
:agree: :agree:

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:11 am

Ai doubt if Chiddu will have guts to annoy the ruling party if he cares for the well being of his son and wife.

Marksman

rahul_does
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Location: Yamunanagar, India, My bike, wherever I keep my bag.

Re: RE: Re: New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

Post by rahul_does » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:55 am

mundaire wrote:Chidambaram is known to have staunchly anti-gun views ... negative fallout of which order is still stifling issuance of arms licenses nationwide.
Sorry about the ignorance.

That is bad news, indeed.

Us Indians specialize in such things!

All over the world, a dipper means, "you go". In Indi-Pak-Bang only, it means, "Ruk, BC!"

We made same sized coins of different denomination!

We inverted the concept of concealed carry on its ******* and mandated that a gun or its likeness should just not be visible!

What to do only?

Time heals many wounds and time wounds many heels.

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:22 am

rahul_does wrote:
mundaire wrote:Chidambaram is known to have staunchly anti-gun views ... negative fallout of which order is still stifling issuance of arms licenses nationwide.
Sorry about the ignorance.

That is bad news, indeed.

Us Indians specialize in such things!

All over the world, a dipper means, "you go". In Indi-Pak-Bang only, it means, "Ruk, BC!"

We made same sized coins of different denomination!

We inverted the concept of concealed carry on its ******* and mandated that a gun or its likeness should just not be visible!

What to do only?

[emoji106][emoji23] Chidu and family counting days and hours away from tihar ,cannot comprehend what kind of mischief he might play with arms rules in this unstable state .There's enough trouble already because of dumba**ses in the home ministry .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:43 pm

Whole Idea of Arms Rules 2016 is brain child of the said Ex. minister

He is the one to be blamed for his personal beliefs

if Chidambaram has been appointed Chairman of Parliamentary Committee on Home Affairs. we are Doomed for ever
"Men like us don't deserve to die in the bed, field would be a batter option"

Optional : Proper inglish n gramer

sat
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

3 firearms limit per person - who's idea?

Post by sat » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:45 am

mundaire wrote:Chidambaram is known to have staunchly anti-gun views and whenever he has had a say in things, the laws have changed for the worse! Starting with the 1980's when he was MoS in the Home Ministry with a weak cabinet minister (Buta Singh), at the time he brought in the limit of 3 guns amongst other (negative) changes to the law. Ironically Buta Singh's son was arrested on Arms Act charges a few years back (karma can be a real b*tch :twisted: ).

I wonder if members here know who 'really' was behind the 3 gun limit. I have been told by several senior people & a gun dealer, that there was an active lobby of gun dealers from Delhi, Bombay, Central & South India who were behind introducing the 3 gun limit for an individual.
One can understand why, firearm owners with large collection (specially erstwhile princely families) were not selling their valuable firearms that the gun dealers wanted to purchase. Once the gun dealers lobby was successful in introducing a 3 gun limit per licensee, the gun dealers made a huge amount of money because the market were flooded with firearms.
I know of a former princely state in Gujarat which sold 3 truckloads of arms & ammunition which went to Bombay. One dealer (still operational in Bombay) bought 80 brand new (unused) box packed rifle for peanuts for less than Inr 100 per rifle. In Rajasthan, one erstwhile Royal family told me how they had to sell hundreds of collectible firearms which were laid out in lots of 11 firearms on each mattress on the ground & gun dealers (from India and overseas) had a ball. Muzzle loaders were piled upto 15 ft in height in which several beautiful pieces with engraving would be found.

You can imagine the loss because of the large numbers of firearms that was exported by these unscrupulous dealers for their selfish gain, not to mention depriving firearm enthusiast of a nation by introducing the 3 gun limit.
katana wrote:A similar theory also circulated about the import ban too. The logic being that dealers wanted a total ban on imports because then the firearms were available at reasonable prices wherein their profitability was restricted, while arms already held by licensees would come back to them for resale, thereby keeping prices and their profits high.

In fact, we are seeing this in the current scenario where the same articles come up for sale now and then. They are circulated among licensees while prices are just pushed up by the dealers.

A prominent Delhi based dealer, then approached Prime Minister Vajpayee during his tenure to lift the import ban, having realised the futility of their earlier action of suggestion the import ban. The grapevine even had it that the bureaucracy was kept nicely oiled in anticipation of lifting the ban but the Deputy Prime Minister apparently threw a spanner in the works and thats where it is today.

Anyway, this is all hearsay and I have nothing to substantiate it.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:16 pm

Wow, never imagined that such a selfish intention was behind the whole 3 gun limit.
/S
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:07 pm

snIPer wrote:Wow, never imagined that such a selfish intention was behind the whole 3 gun limit.
/S
It is an unfortunate reality. The polity in India is often subject to various selfish and vested interests working behind a smokescreen of "public good" or "national interest" or similar words and phrases.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:26 pm

Very true and this is not limited just to India.

We need to understand “Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.” ― Benjamin Franklin

And this is what is happening- Smart cities, Aadhaar, Online banking, Payment Bank (not really bank. But something like wallet- paytm, mobikwik etc), CCTV surveillance.

People will better understand if you know Edward Snowden and what he's done to save freedom.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:07 pm

StampMaster wrote:Very true and this is not limited just to India.

We need to understand “Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.” ― Benjamin Franklin

And this is what is happening- Smart cities, Aadhaar, Online banking, Payment Bank (not really bank. But something like wallet- paytm, mobikwik etc), CCTV surveillance.

People will better understand if you know Edward Snowden and what he's done to save freedom.
This may be read along with reply in this post viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24442#p244044
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

John Doe
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by John Doe » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:44 am

What!!? Are terrorist using .22 air rifle ROTFL .

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:52 am

Hello All,

I am not sure how true this is but have heard that the ministry seems to have realized some changes are required in the new arms rules 2016 and are looking to amend it! Hope its not a rumor and that the ministry makes amendments for the better!!