Shooting Range Details - Hyderabad - 2016

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
abhijittadpatri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Shooting Range Details - Hyderabad - 2016

Post by abhijittadpatri » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:20 am

Hello Fellow Marksmen,

This post is to provide the details of the Shooting Range based in Hyderabad to help our friends spot it and also understand a little of what they can expect before embarking on their journey in Shooting.

I had been reading a lot of about Rifle/Shooting/etc., for sometime and wanted to go and experience/explore the real world of this art. All I had ever read/heard of was that the Shooting Range is in Hyderabad Central University(HCU). So I decided to walk in and see for myself as in what was in store for us.

- The Shooting Range is indeed located inside the serene campus of HCU. You can just walk/drive in through the main gate and ask for directions.
- You can tell them that you are a visitor and you will be allowed to enter. The security and staff are very kind and will give you all the information required.
- I was directed towards the office area for enquiry where I met Mr. Sandeep(Coach) and Mr. Ramulu. You can ask them all the questions you have and they will be answered.
- Currently, the admission fee is 1000 INR and monthly fee is 1000 INR. The Range is open from 10 AM till 7 PM.
- There is a 10M, 50M and Skeet Shooting Range. You can walk yourself to any or all of these units and try to talk to the shooters for any additional information.
- They have an Air Rifle and an Air Pistol available for practice.

If you are a beginner, it is advisable that you join in and start practising at the 10M range for target practice with a Air Rifle/Pistol.

Kindly let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer them from what I know.

Thank you,
Abhijit

For Advertising mail webmaster
Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Shooting Range Details - Hyderabad - 2016

Post by Big Daddy » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:34 pm

Remember when it was 500 years back. Time flies.

BD

Thanks for the post. I'm sure it'll help many. I am still looking for a nice out door place to shoot around HITEX city. Used to go to Ghatkesar but work pressure does not allow any more.
Any one from around here???

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

abhijittadpatri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by abhijittadpatri » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:01 pm

I am sure it does(time flies)!

I stay in Malkajgiri and I do not know what to do because the Shooting Range is about 30 Kms from my place. Looks like I will go there once in a while and see if I can get some practice at home with some targets. But valuable advice from likes of you(BD) will surely help.

Thank you,
Abhijit

ykamesh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ykamesh » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:00 pm

Dear BD:

Thanks for a very encouraging write up. Indeed Mr.Ramulu is very helpful and informative. I met him about two weeks back.
I have learnt from him that they will not allow our weapons ( .22 or .32) and their weapons are under repair. This is very unfortunate and they must amend their rules to allow usage of own ( licensed) weapons for their own practice.

Thankful to you, if you can guide me as to how to practice on my own weapon in and around Hyderabad.
Incidentally, would I be violating any law, if I fire in my back yard?

Thanks and regards

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:58 pm

ykamesh wrote:Dear BD:

Thanks for a very encouraging write up.

Incidentally, would I be violating any law, if I fire in my back yard?

Thanks and regards
Hi ykamesh,

Write up was by Abijit.

It's been years since I've gone there. I know there was a mandate that one could only bring a .177 AR as in all rifle clubs. But I don't remember firesrms being restricted in the open range.... really don't remember. I could be wrong.
In the meantime, using a Firearm in your back yard isn't the best of ideas.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:44 pm

Hi nice post.

FYI, there is a place Chadarghat (Chadarghat to MGBS route) for AR training. But I think it is only for 10m (not sure of 25m and 50m). You can take you own AR.

Coming to HCU, it is kind of mess there. Club has some good brand of AR available, however the working and good ones are reserved to the police to practice and the remaining unusable are made available to the general public.

0.177 is widely accepted in most of the competitions, i dint think there will any problem to carry you own.

Dear all, why not plan for a meet in Hyderabad sometime?
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:28 pm

StampMaster wrote:Dear all, why not plan for a meet in Hyderabad sometime?
You read my mind. We should sometime in the near future. Perhaps during some up coming public holiday.

BD

abhijittadpatri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by abhijittadpatri » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:03 pm

Planning a meet is definitely a wonderful idea! May be we can start a post call "Meetup for Hyderabadis" or something similar so that we don't miss on this. But, I am not sure which forum I should use...Please guide BD!

dharma7890
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dharma7890 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:16 pm

abhijittadpatri wrote:Hello Fellow Marksmen,

This post is to provide the details of the Shooting Range based in Hyderabad to help our friends spot it and also understand a little of what they can expect before embarking on their journey in Shooting.

I had been reading a lot of about Rifle/Shooting/etc., for sometime and wanted to go and experience/explore the real world of this art. All I had ever read/heard of was that the Shooting Range is in Hyderabad Central University(HCU). So I decided to walk in and see for myself as in what was in store for us.

- The Shooting Range is indeed located inside the serene campus of HCU. You can just walk/drive in through the main gate and ask for directions.
- You can tell them that you are a visitor and you will be allowed to enter. The security and staff are very kind and will give you all the information required.
- I was directed towards the office area for enquiry where I met Mr. Sandeep(Coach) and Mr. Ramulu. You can ask them all the questions you have and they will be answered.
- Currently, the admission fee is 1000 INR and monthly fee is 1000 INR. The Range is open from 10 AM till 7 PM.
- There is a 10M, 50M and Skeet Shooting Range. You can walk yourself to any or all of these units and try to talk to the shooters for any additional information.
- They have an Air Rifle and an Air Pistol available for practice.

If you are a beginner, it is advisable that you join in and start practising at the 10M range for target practice with a Air Rifle/Pistol.

Kindly let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer them from what I know.

Thank you,
Abhijit
Hello Mr. Abhijit.. Iam a newbie.. can you pls. Share the phone numbers of Mr. Sandeep or Mr. Ramulu?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:32 am

SATSGFG Shooting Academy,
SATS Shooting Range ,
University of Hyderabad campus,
C. R.Prof CR Rao Rd, CUC, Gachibowli,
Hyderabad, Telangana : 500046
Phone No: 8374045406
Email: [email protected]
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!