Reloading of cartridge 12 bore

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
nraja4321
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Reloading of cartridge 12 bore

Post by nraja4321 » Thu May 19, 2016 1:50 pm

Hello guys

I want to know is reloading of cartridge is legal or not .

But in other countries they make their own cartridges , there is product which helps to reload the 12 bore cartridge and others too ..

Some tools come in very handy and it requires application human pressure

And some are little heavy and automated .

But in don't think this product is available in india

Is it possible to import from other countries. I found this product in eBay.com

Is the primer and pellets and powder and wads , are these available in india
If not can we import it .

My friend grandfather has a reloading gun , we're his grandfather use to make his own pellets (BBs) and other power and cap's etc but the requirements for these are not available in the market .
The last shot was fired was in 2007. Till is still with him has show piece.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
nraja4321
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Reloading of cartridge 12 bore

Post by nraja4321 » Thu May 19, 2016 4:34 pm

Instead of paying 100 to 120 for shakthiman or 80 to 90 do IOF special .

We can save some money though

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Thu May 19, 2016 7:41 pm

Its illegal to reload ammo in india

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu May 19, 2016 7:41 pm

Reloading is perfectly legal for those who have valid arms license and stay within the quota limit on license.

I do not think the reloading equipment is manufactured in India.

About importing of reloading equipment by arms license holder - please visit DGFT website and search for ITC(HS) Code 93. As per my limited understanding of this matter, the reloading equipment should fall under code 93052090 for which the policy condition is free. But still would suggest to double check this from your lawyer or DGFT itself.

About reloading powders and percussion caps etc. so long you remain within the limits of law, there does not appear to be any problem. Read the Section 45(c) of Arms Act 1959, Rule 2(24), Rules 9(4)(5)(6), Rule 57 of Explosives Rules 2008. Similar matter was discussed earlier, may read the following viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15556
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu May 19, 2016 11:39 pm

The problem of reloading in India is availability of smokeless powder and primers. No one seems to stock/ sell it.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Dean Weingarten
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Dean Weingarten » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:47 am

Many shotguns will work fine with black powder and homemade primers. It is auto-loading shotguns that would be the biggest problem, but if they are recoil operated instead of gas operated, they might still work.

Single and double barrel guns could work very well with black powder loads. Wads are easy to make, shot and slugs can be cast from lead.

Simple reloading tools are easy to make, if you are only reloading a box or so at a time. I made a set when I was about 16 or 17, I forget exactly. If the loads are only for one gun, the cartridge cases do not need to be resized.

I suspect that fireworks supplies could be used to supply powder, but some caution and experimentation would be necessary.

The article that I posted about recharging primers and percussion caps is a good resource for how to recharge primers for shotgun shells. If the shells use the battery cup type primers, some experimentation is required. On the other hand, black powder is easy to ignite, so the battery cup primers could probably be made with a couple of roll caps and a little fine black powder to add a bit more power to the priming.