Importing airguns into India

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Importing airguns into India

Post by sa_ali » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:11 pm

well i am no legal guru but if you read the change it covers everything

For Advertising mail webmaster
Johndoe75010
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Johndoe75010 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:33 pm

I just brought back an Umarex via Checked in luggage to Mumbai. ( this one : )

The gun was so heavy and looked so real, that they took time to let me go, but they did let me go! (after taking 100% taxes obviously)
But they did bring me to a room where i could see at least 50 airsoft ( even the really cheap ones), its as if they don't care they see a gun they take it.

i bought at 170 euros and they charged me extra 170 euros, so a total cost of around 24,000 inr. ( wich is wayyyy wayy cheaper than the indian prices)

Now the other thing is that, where in mumbai, will you be able to play with it, even if its an airsoft, the guns look so real and is quite powerfull compared to the other airguns i had ( 4J ) that i can get in trouble really easily, so the down part is that since i bought it, i never got the chance yet to play with it!!

abhi11
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by abhi11 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:53 am

Sharing a news cut...thought this will be the best thread to put this on
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards
Abhi

" All In All We Are Just Another Brick In The Wall"

sohampaul11
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sohampaul11 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:22 am

Customs seize 32 air pistols imported from US
Print Print E-mailComments Comment[ - ] Text [ + ] 20:17 HRS IST
New Delhi, Feb 16 (PTI) As many as 32 air rifles and pistols which were imported from the US have been seized by the Customs officials here.

These pistols had come in two parcels from the US and during their examination at the Foreign Post Office, seven air rifles and 25 air pistols were recovered, Commissioner of Air Cargo Export S R Baruah said today.

"These pistols are made of metal body and strongly suspected that it can be modified to fire bullets. These pistols can also be used by unscrupulous elements in highway robberies and to scare the people," he said.

These seized guns are of Pietro Beretta Gardone and Parabellum Pistol, models and capable of firing upto 274 metres, the official said.

These parcels were detected earlier this month. In another case reported last month, the officials had seized spare parts of air guns like barrels, firing mechanism, wooden and plastic buts, high pressure gas cylinders from examination of six parcels.

In this case, the importer's premises were searched and some incriminating documents had been seized, Baruah said.

These spare parts are allowed to be imported by national Rifle Association for supply to eligible shooters, renowned shooters, Arjuna Award winners and other target shooters in accordance with guidelines issued by the Home Ministry.

The importer during investigation has admitted that he does not possessed valid documents, he said.

Over 20,000 speed post and registered parcels including letter mails are being handled in a day at Foreign Post office here. These includes letter mails, bonafide gifts, goods, drugs, medicines and other items.

toughsurvivor
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Need guidance to import a bb pistol

Post by toughsurvivor » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:50 pm

Respected seniors and members,
my brother is returning from Moscow , i want a co2 powered bb pistol . is this possible if my brother brings a Gletcher
p08 Luger co2 bb gun ,or kwc marakov co2 blowback bb pistol, via personal baggage route. i don't know the legal issues
please guide me if i can get any one of my dream bb gun.
.... thanks and regards (toughsurvivor).

Vakil Saab
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Need guidance to import a bb pistol

Post by Vakil Saab » Tue May 17, 2016 5:42 pm

How was your experience? Did you buy it? If not, are you planning to buy it through courier?

toughsurvivor
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by toughsurvivor » Fri May 20, 2016 11:18 am

Vakil Saab wrote:How was your experience? Did you buy it? If not, are you planning to buy it through courier?

mine Umarex co2 blowback walther p38 bb pistol is in america, a friend of mine bought it for me. but i am confused whether to import it or not via courier.as i heard a news a boy was arrested for doing so. i need the guidence of seniors ,if it is possible to get it. furthermore i don't have any club membership or anything like that .i am just a simple person unaware of strange rules.

Vakil Saab
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Vakil Saab » Fri May 20, 2016 12:38 pm

toughsurvivor wrote: i heard a news a boy was arrested for doing so
Club Membership is easy to get and custom-wallahs are not going to bite you. Worst case scenario is that they will confiscate your gun and you'll get it back in the appeals process. Appeals process is also fairly simple and if you give proper arguments in writing then they can't refuse you.

It was surely allowed a few months ago and my cousin imported a Dan Wesson CO2 BB .177 in 2.5 inches. I'll check the latest situation and let you know.

I will shortly post a detailed process that you need to undergo. Meanwhile, please share your location as I'll be happy to arrange FREE-OF-COST lawyer to accompany and assist you with the customs clearing, preferably without any bribes in your city.

Also, let me know how old is the receipt, and in whose name was your gun purchased? Please go ahead with this, we will all help you.

Vakil Saab
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Vakil Saab » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:59 am

Where are you? Let me know if you still want to import your gun..
Salutations to Him who protects the world by the might of His drawn bow, to Rudra the destroyer of all miseries; to the Lord of the fields and sacred places, salutations.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:20 pm

We have reams and reams on how to import an airgun via courier or personal luggage.

I am shutting this thread down.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Neeraj2701
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Neeraj2701 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:47 am

Dear vakil Saab, could you please guide me whether I can import any 4.5 or 6mm bb Airsoft gun for my personal use? As of now I don't have any membership of rifle club.Regards.Neeraj

Sent from my Le X526 using Tapatalk

Fairoz khan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Fairoz khan » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:53 pm

Dear vakil saab, i am from, Mysore, karnataka state, I don't have any rifle club membership, i want to imported a Dan Wesson CO2 BB .177 in 2.5 inches. air revolver, pl guide me its possible if yes how to import.

super.stalker97
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by super.stalker97 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:00 pm

i want to import crosman nitro piston.

Mankane1984
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Mankane1984 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:09 pm

Also i wish to import UMAREX Metal Beretta M84FS CO2 GBB Pistol (4.5mm, Black) from airsoft.tiger111hk.com

after my long search and comparison of the Price with other i have find more than 10,000/- to 15,000/- different in price

but Due to GST implementation from the 1st July 2017 @18% GST Rate Applicable on Airsoft Gun and as Custom @12% Rate as extra

But i am in confusion for that Tax payment deposit with which Authority

Plz. guide me about above matter

if anyone Import Air soft gun specially After 1st July 2017

Thanking You,

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:18 pm

Mankane1984 wrote:Also i wish to import UMAREX Metal Beretta M84FS CO2 GBB Pistol (4.5mm, Black) from airsoft.tiger111hk.com

after my long search and comparison of the Price with other i have find more than 10,000/- to 15,000/- different in price

but Due to GST implementation from the 1st July 2017 @18% GST Rate Applicable on Airsoft Gun and as Custom @12% Rate as extra

But i am in confusion for that Tax payment deposit with which Authority

Plz. guide me about above matter

if anyone Import Air soft gun specially After 1st July 2017

Thanking You,
Please clarify whether you're talking about 4.5mm airgun or airsoft. Both are totally different.

Also please cite source that mentions any tax structure for Airsoft in India.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects