AARMR hurricane model 15 air rifle india

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
main13
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: AARMR hurricane model 15 air rifle india

Post by main13 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:58 am

About the IHP being PH clone.. All I can suggest is to go to a local dealer & compare the two weapons side by side... You'll know what I'm talking about...

If you're the sort that does 'Ayudh Pooja' & celebrates Vijayadashmi Warrior-style, you'll be very disappointed to see a dirty barrel, terrible RF & in general a cheap build quality.. IMHO a dirty/poor gun is worse than no gun!

While IHP was the beginners'-standard for many years.. It clung to that position primarily due to lack of competition, compounded by Indian gun laws... As soon as PH came along, it got quickly replaced.. If you had the choice to buy a 150$ Gamo or 8500Rs IHP, which one would you buy? Lets hope GOI sees some sense & allows importing target shooting weapons with relative simplicity.. We'll produce more Ranas, Bindras & Narangs...

The things I loved about the Hurricane is its raw power, tough build & macho appeal... I like the Punjabi-power very much myself, with clinical South Indian precision though... :)

For Advertising mail webmaster
ALANWOODS
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ALANWOODS » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:20 pm

Dear Fellow members,

I have purchased this Airgun from Amazon - Hurricane Model - 15 from Aarmr Sports Meerut and would like to inform you that in my opinion this is the mother of all Indian Airguns (I wouldn't want to enter into any arguments on this, If your opinion differs, so be it).

Not only is it powerful have tried shooting it around 50 meters outdoors and it's bang on the target though not dead center and at 40 feet in my compound, it made a dent on a steel plate I had used as a backup for my target the first day I got it. The Accuracy of it at 40 feet was awesome with the Master Shot .22 pellets which come with the gun pellet quality is not upto the mark, I was able to get a tight grouping close to the bulls eye.

I have re-ordered for the H&N Rabbit Magnum II, I had used them earlier, these pellets are top quality with real stopping power and are very accurate.

I found the seller Mr.P.K.Singh a very down to earth person, I requested him to send me a Picatinny rail 11mm to attach a Bushnell scope I've ordered for and he immediately said he would send it to me free of cost, true to his word he has sent it via Speed post which I expect it by 02nd April 2016.

Alan Woods

AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by AnandNair » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:02 pm

ALANWOODS wrote:Dear Fellow members,

I have purchased this Airgun from Amazon - Hurricane Model - 15 from Aarmr Sports......
I found the seller Mr.P.K.Singh a very down to earth person, I requested him to send me a Picatinny rail 11mm to attach a Bushnell scope I've ordered for and he immediately said he would send it to me free of cost, true to his word he has sent it via Speed post which I expect it by 02nd April 2016.
Alan Woods
congrats on your new purchase. Saw the rifle at a local armory here. Nice that you are getting a 11mm attachment also. If the 'free' Mastershots grouped well then try the Mastershot 'Export Quality' Round Head Pellets. the box has a blue line with export quality written on it. Those are consistent grained and gives me 1cm group at 15 yards in my Precihole. also available on amazon
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

main13
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by main13 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:55 pm

ALANWOODS wrote:Dear Fellow members,

I have purchased this Airgun from Amazon - Hurricane Model - 15 from Aarmr Sports Meerut and would like to inform you that in my opinion this is the mother of all Indian Airguns (I wouldn't want to enter into any arguments on this, If your opinion differs, so be it).

Not only is it powerful have tried shooting it around 50 meters outdoors and it's bang on the target though not dead center and at 40 feet in my compound, it made a dent on a steel plate I had used as a backup for my target the first day I got it. The Accuracy of it at 40 feet was awesome with the Master Shot .22 pellets which come with the gun pellet quality is not upto the mark, I was able to get a tight grouping close to the bulls eye.

I have re-ordered for the H&N Rabbit Magnum II, I had used them earlier, these pellets are top quality with real stopping power and are very accurate.

Alan Woods
Hope you have loads of fun with your new toy. Pls tell me how the gun groups & hits at 70-100m range as that's what I'm chasing. You'll probably need a bipod, shoot prone, really control your breath & trigger (besides aiming it like a mortar!).. But the pleasure of any kind of grouping with an air-powered weapon is unmatched! Try using 19-21gr pellets for shooting at longer ranges, they'll perform Much better at distance... Rabbit Magnum 2 might be too heavy I feel. But if it works then nothing like it.. Its practically a 'firearm pellet'..! :D

Also pls comment about the trigger performance - is it consistent & satisfactory?! A small video would be great! :)
BTW Amazon is selling it at usurious prices.. 15000₹+ AARMR sells it 8000 bucks(all inclusive) I believe.
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods.

Maheshzarkar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Maheshzarkar » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:24 am

Could you please share the price of purchase

ALANWOODS
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ALANWOODS » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:16 pm

Thanks for your suggestions, I have purchased it at Rs.15500.00 and only after I joined this blog I realized that I have paid more, now nothing can be done about it. I will put up more details I have ordered a bipod too from an Online site called "Wish" rates are very low and that along with the Bushnell scope and is expected any day. The trigger is consistent and I am happy. Okay I shall use 19 - 21 grain pellets.

Alan Woods

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:54 am

To my mind , 19-21 gr.pellet will be little too heavy for this AR as fps would be low.
A =< 15 gr.would be better choice.
Heavy pellet will obviously negotiate better with wind yet fall will be more at longer distance.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:52 am

Here are the latest groups shot with my Hurricane with different pellets. All are 5 shot groups and range is 12 yards.
20160402_134023.jpg
The G Smith pellets skirts are not going in fully and getting damaged when the barrel is closed.

When the pellets are seated properly with a pellet seater the result is below.
20160402_154609.jpg
The coins are US Dimes.

Is your gun MOD-15 T or MOD-15 ?

GNV
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

main13
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by main13 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:23 pm

ALANWOODS wrote:Thanks for your suggestions, I have purchased it at Rs.15500.00 and only after I joined this blog I realized that I have paid more, now nothing can be done about it. I will put up more details I have ordered a bipod too from an Online site called "Wish" rates are very low and that along with the Bushnell scope and is expected any day. The trigger is consistent and I am happy. Okay I shall use 19 - 21 grain pellets.
Alan Woods
Do tell us about groupings & power delivered at 70-100m distances. Also a table of kinetic energy & velocity at muzzle with different pellets would be a great help in gauging its performance. You can use Chrono Connect & Chairgun apps on your android phone for that if you wish. Anxiously awaiting results! :)
Basu wrote:To my mind , 19-21 gr.pellet will be little too heavy for this AR as fps would be low.
A =< 15 gr.would be better choice.
Heavy pellet will obviously negotiate better with wind yet fall will be more at longer distance.
Sir as per 'Sardarji' (AARMR techie), the current model is throwing 16gr pellets at 750fps; though after his little 'oil doped video', I'm skeptical. But going by Alan Woods' review, seems his claims were right! That's why I requested Alan for the detailed data.

I think with that kind of power we can afford to use heavier pellets for their higher ballistic coefficients & power delivered at long ranges where accuracy & grouping is mostly determined by winds instead of gun itself.. I did some theoretical calculations on Chairgun & found the following pellet descriptions keeping a constant energy of 20fpe approx:
16gr, BC 0.027, 750fps, 20fpe, 5mph cross wind:
At 50yd- 600fps, 13.25fpe, 8.5" LoD drop, 2" drift
At 75yd- 550fps, 10.75fpe, 22.5" LoD drop, 4.5" drift
At 100yd- 500fps, 8.75fpe, 41.5" LoD drop, 8.5" drift

21.1gr, BC 0.036, 650fps, 19.75fpe:
At 50yd- 560fps, 14.50fpe, 12.5" LoD drop, 1.5" drift
At 75yd- 520fps, 12.60fpe, 26" LoD drop, 3.75" drift
At 100yd- 480fps, 10.75fpe, 51" LoD drop, 7" drift

As you can see, the LoD drops are comparable out to 75yds but wind effect is significantly more pronounced. Only in the last 25yd the LoD difference becomes too much. The drop can be calculated. The wind however is one fickle thing! :)
GNV wrote:Here are the latest groups shot with my Hurricane with different pellets. All are 5 shot groups and range is 12 yards.

Is your gun MOD-15 T or MOD-15 ?
I declare thee, the IFGian Sniper of the week! :D

I guess he has received the latest model with HDPE guides, new spring & optimized compression tube dias.. Sardarji was busy messing with it for weeks! ;)
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods.

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:56 pm

GNV wrote:Here are the latest groups shot with my Hurricane with different pellets. All are 5 shot groups and range is 12 yards.
20160402_134023.jpg
The G Smith pellets skirts are not going in fully and getting damaged when the barrel is closed.

When the pellets are seated properly with a pellet seater the result is below.
20160402_154609.jpg
The coins are US Dimes.

GNV
Good shooting GNV (y)
Would like to see the groupings at slightly longer ranges f possible, say till about 30 yards.
Cheers.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:00 pm

Dear GNV,
I can not recall any better 5 shot grouping than the above at 12 yds.
Even with bench rest , you are an awesome shooter.

Basu

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:16 am

great groups GNV waiting for the 50 meter groups.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:47 pm

Thank You Kshitij, Basu and Ganeshn.
It was pure luck and nothing else. Certainly nothing on my part. I just aimed and shot from a bench rest just to see the condition of the gun. I loaned the gun without the scope to a friend who is new to shooting a few months ago along with 4000 assorted Indian pellets to keep him happy while I get a decent Indian Budget Gun for him. A few weeks ago I got an SDB Apache SE for him and after shooting some 1000 + pellets through it, I changed the piston seal with a PH one and replaced the spring with a new Hurricane spring and lubricated it properly and gave it to him along with a couple of thousand US Power Ranger RH pellets. He exhausted all those 4000 pellets I gave him using the Hurricane and returned the gun a few days ago. I wanted to see the condition of the gun. When I gave it to him it was leaking air at the breach due to a hardened and worn out breach seal and the trigger was a heavy single stage. When he returned the trigger is extremely light single stage. I just refitted the scope again and shot the GSmiths first without seating the pellets. Then on an impulse I shot the JSBs and H&N pellets from a rest. I should be the MOST surprised one when I saw the groups up close after completing the shooting. My hurricane and me never shot such groups before. After seeing the groups up close I again shot the GSmiths using a Ball Pen to seat the pellets. The group tightened as shown. After that I returned home and have not the opportunity to shoot the gun again. I shall try the gun at 20 yrds and 30 yards in a few days and post the groups.

Regards,
GNV

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:52 am

looks like the your friend did his part :D
in my case the new spring has reduced the power and higher noise levels, so reverted back to the original spring with no preload.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:03 pm

Undoubtedly , after so many shots , the gun is totally settled.
Yet I can not ignore the shooter.
You have good hands too.
I wonder if your eye sight could be normal.

Basu