AARMR Hurricane Model 15. First Impressions. Picture Heavy

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: AARMR Hurricane Model 15. First Impressions. Picture Heavy

Post by vsraja » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:02 pm

Hi friends, here is the pic of improved version of the rifle.

''http://s1027.photobucket.com/user/vsraj ... v.jpg.html ''
With regards,
vsraja

For Advertising mail webmaster
pratik_mahale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pratik_mahale » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:22 pm

vsraja wrote:Hi friends, here is the pic of improved version of the rifle.

Safety lever & main trigger blade are over lapping on each other in new improved version of the rifle

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:28 pm

pratik_mahale wrote:
vsraja wrote:Hi friends, here is the pic of improved version of the rifle.

Safety lever & main trigger blade are over lapping on each other in new improved version of the rifle
As i think,may be i am wrong,I am guessing that a safety lever must overlap the trigger,which was its main function to stop the trigger.
With regards,
vsraja

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:50 pm

I think it is more of an anti bear trap mechanism than a safety. I also think they were thinking of adding this later when they released the early models because the space to install this mechanism was already provided in the stock.

Added in 11 minutes 36 seconds:
Also it seems they replaced the allen screws on rear sight with screws with knobs to adjust the rear sight. And they choose Poly Ethylene over Teflon for spring guide. The AARMR people told me that the new parts would be sent to me in March. But as per main13 they are not responding to his messages to them about those parts.

JackieD
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by JackieD » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:31 pm

GNV wrote:The only Gas Ram Piston .22" gun I know that was capable of such velocities was a THEOBEN ( FAC rated by UK standards ),Gas Ram Rifle, sold in US by the name Theoben Prometheus Super Sirocco, built with hand picked unchoked barrels to specifically shoot Prometheus and Titan Black Pellets in mid 80s. Even that gun was capable of reaching super sonic velocities only with the light weight Prometheus Pellets only. At that time that was my dream rifle. But could not afford it then. Now my dream rifle is FX Revolution Semi Auto. Now I can afford it at international prices plus customs duty. But no way of importing one.That is life I think.

GNV
Hi sir,

Have you managed to get the FX Revolution air rifle. Saw it on an Indian website for 2.25 lakhs but after negotiation the seller is ready to give it to me for 2.10 lakhs. It is to be purchased as a gift which my uncle is planning to give to my cousin. Can anyone please shed some light if it is a good buy as the cost is very high. Thanks.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:20 pm

Today I received a few replacement parts for my Hurricane. But not the updated Trigger. Molds for the trigger are not ready yet. The new MOD 35T spring, PU Spring guide and new piston seals look good. But the new breach seals suck. See the photos.
IMG_5050.JPG
IMG_5053.JPG
IMG_5054.JPG
They have multiple air pockets in them. They may still work but I think AARMR Sports need to change their plastic parts supplier. I wonder why they simply are not using O rings.

Anyway I am not going to change the power plant components right now since my hurricane is shooting damn good with even the bad trigger even though the trigger is almost hairline now.
Only going to change the breach seal which is leaking air. Will change the trigger when I get it. But change the power plant parts only when the current ones fail.

Regards,
GNV

Added in 10 minutes 14 seconds:
GNV wrote:Today I received a few replacement parts for my Hurricane. But not the updated Trigger. Molds for the trigger are not ready yet. The new MOD 15T spring, PU Spring guide and new piston seals look good. But the new breach seals suck. See the photos.
IMG_5050.JPG
IMG_5053.JPG
IMG_5054.JPG
They have multiple air pockets in them. They may still work but I think AARMR Sports need to change their plastic parts supplier. I wonder why they simply are not using O rings.

Anyway I am not going to change the power plant components right now since my hurricane is shooting damn good with even the bad trigger even though the trigger is almost hairline now.
Only going to change the breach seal which is leaking air. Will change the trigger when I get it. But change the power plant parts only when the current ones fail.

Regards,
GNV
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:06 pm

GNV wrote:Molds for the trigger are not ready yet.
GNV garu,
I'm no engineer but I was of the opinion that parts for standard triggers were made with cnc machines

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:56 am

Dear BD,
I too didn't understand, but that is what Mr. Manbir Singh told me. May be they are using some kind of synthetic trigger shoe on the previously updated narrow trigger blade. I just don't know. I just have no knowledge about mass manufacturing processes. I am an electronics engineering graduate with a very limited mechanical engineering knowledge which was part of the then B.E degree ( 1977-82 ). I understand machines but have no knowledge of manufacturing processes.

GNV

anoop
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by anoop » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:38 pm

Dear main 13, whats latest on AARMR Hurricane 15. Is there any HURRICANE 20 T also? Pl keep us updated on Hurricane 15 T. Thanks Anoop

main13
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by main13 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:44 am

anoop wrote:Dear main 13, whats latest on AARMR Hurricane 15. Is there any HURRICANE 20 T also? Pl keep us updated on Hurricane 15 T. Thanks Anoop
Last time I heard from the AARMR tech, he said he was working on a 'kiddie' (lower powered) version of gun with more accessories like picatinny & 2-stage trigger while the current one will be offered as a 'base' model. I told him him kids don't use scopes nor 2-stage triggers but then they have some strange sayings about punjabi logic..! Also, he seems to have vanished altogether since, leading me to believe that he doesn't feel the need for my inputs any further.. Have pinged him nevertheless, lets see.. ;)

As far as I reckon, they're likely to keep the gun in its current form more or less. Any further accessorization can be negotiated with his elder brother Col. Puri - a nice gentleman he is. I would strongly recommend a Picatinny to handle all that power, but then that's just me! :)
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods.

Maheshzarkar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Maheshzarkar » Thu May 05, 2016 5:12 pm

Request to please advise me to just go and buy this current Mod 15 Hurricane or do that I wait more..advise form senior guys are most welcome..

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Fri May 06, 2016 9:39 am

Maheshzarkar wrote:Request to please advise me to just go and buy this current Mod 15 Hurricane or do that I wait more..advise form senior guys are most welcome..
depends on what is your time line for DPP and various push & pulls :wink: flavour of the day aside, you can take a plunge buddy.
keep in mind that its always going to be a sub 12fpe air gun(sans the snake oil), just in case.
insist on the smaller earlier spring the new spring has taken the power down instead and messes with the trigger let off.

asj_raj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by asj_raj » Sun May 15, 2016 5:34 pm

ganeshn wrote:insist on the smaller earlier spring the new spring has taken the power down instead and messes with the trigger let off.
Out of curiosity, does the loss in power due to the new spring put this behind Scorpius? Because on reading the reviews it seemed that the higher power was the one USP AARMR currently had. (IMO the rather ostentatious stock can't be counted as a selling point right....)

mankaran1
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by mankaran1 » Sun May 15, 2016 11:51 pm

Hi Guys i loved the RIfle. I have a small question
Im turning 21 this month, i would like to know if i am eligible for an Arms Licence.
I know the minimum age is 21,but what i mean by "eligible" is will they issue me on considering i am still a student and dont have any treat to life/property.
I am very passionate about Guns and would like to own one.
Please Guide me forward.
Thanks in Advance :)

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Mon May 16, 2016 12:13 am

asj_raj wrote:
ganeshn wrote:insist on the smaller earlier spring the new spring has taken the power down instead and messes with the trigger let off.
Out of curiosity, does the loss in power due to the new spring put this behind Scorpius? Because on reading the reviews it seemed that the higher power was the one USP AARMR currently had. (IMO the rather ostentatious stock can't be counted as a selling point right....)
power goes down to mid 8fpe with the new stiff spring that was sent as a upgrade as i was having the very early iteration of the airgun, as per my recent interaction with the Aarmar CTO the internal dimensions of the receiver are same.
the new spring was shoehorned to restore the earlier claimed power of 15fpe.you are right that the stock of Aarmar Hurricane is really not designed well though it very strong whereas deceptively plain looking stock of precihole is a genius if you know what to look for in a stock.