IZH 46M or Hammerli AP20? Help!

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
sohampaul11
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

IZH 46M or Hammerli AP20? Help!

Post by sohampaul11 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:09 pm

I started shooting using a Precihole NX100 Club Elite and won some medals in a few competitions. But I decided to take it up seriously now. I've decided to take up 10m Air Pistol as my event I consulted my club,dry-fired a Steyr LP10(which by the way was a dream to hold) and looked for suggestions and reviews all over the internet My club suggested a Pardini. More specifically a K12 Absorber since it has an excellent trigger and adjustments. But my parents wont be able to buy e such an expensive gun right now They suggested me to get hold of a slightly lower level pistol and then gradually work my way up. I've found 2 pistols which I'm really interested to buy right now The first is the old-timer IZH 46M. The second is the newer Hammerli AP20. Both have nice reviews. But the Baikal is a time tested and proven pistol with a superb value for money factor. I'm not too sure about the AP20 though. Can you suggest which one to go for since both have different kinds of powerplants? Since in India,servicing and maintenance is a concern for imported airguns,which one would be a better option. I know that the baikal has seal problems and replacement seals are hard to find but it's self contained mechanism makes it independent. Can any of you guys suggest me which one to go for and why? Also if you have any other suggestions,please do suggest. I'm open to used FWBs and other fine airguns as well. Also,any other suggestion is welcome! Thanks in advance!

For Advertising mail webmaster
AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: IZH 46M or Hammerli AP20? Help!

Post by AnandNair » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:57 pm

Both are good pistols and accurate with a difference in powerplants. Cost difference is close to $300. so if you plan to upgrade later to a lp400/Morini etc then go for IZH46M. If you just want to try your hands at 10m Pistol before you decide fully then there are cheaper options available like the Daisy Avanti 747 Triumph Match (717 model is even cheaper but with single stage trigger) which you can practice with before you spend big money.
Used Pistols are also available
check this Walther LP400 for approx 100K
http://www.10xshooting.in/index.php/en/ ... /view/3/31
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

sohampaul11
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sohampaul11 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:14 pm

Yes. I plan to upgrade later to a full blown match pistol later on(Steyr,Morini,Pardini,Walther,Feinwerkbau). If I get the IZH46M,where or how do I service it if the seals fail?

AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by AnandNair » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:51 am

sohampaul11 wrote:Yes. I plan to upgrade later to a full blown match pistol later on(Steyr,Morini,Pardini,Walther,Feinwerkbau). If I get the IZH46M,where or how do I service it if the seals fail?
Match grade weapons rarely fail. I am yet to come across any gunsmith who is fully equipped or trained to handle match / imported rifle/pistol. The rebuild kit/oring/spring etc are available on pyramid air itself and most of these items are easy to replace.
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:47 am

Sohampaul,

You don't have to worry about the seals failing on an IZH 46M. The air pistol comes with a spare set of seals and washers. It is built like a tank and will last you a long time. The weight and the cocking effort are slight drawbacks though. Telling you this since I used to own one. Don't have much information about the Hammerli and cannot suggest you anything about it. All the best.

sohampaul11
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sohampaul11 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:33 am

Thank you! Can you give me a brief user experience of the Izzy,since you used to own one? And if you dont mind,which pistol are you using now? @Prabhath

Added in 5 minutes 18 seconds:
Pyramydair.com's shipping cost seems to be higher than the actual product itself! :o

sohampaul11
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sohampaul11 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:01 pm

Also,happened to read about the Alfa Proj pistol. Is it any good?

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:40 pm

sohampaul11 wrote: Pyramydair.com's shipping cost seems to be higher than the actual product itself! :o
Quiet right. I recently checked for a scope mount. Shipping cost for a $ 17/- scope rail is $ 70/-. This is because they are using couriers now. USPS would have been much cheaper.

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:59 am

Sohampaul,

Like I have already mentioned, The Izzy was fun to shoot and has excellent build quality. User friendly too. The weight and the grip (Size, since it comes in only one size and is more suitable for large hands) were the only cons. Accuracy is very good too. It comes with a sight adjustment tool, spare set of seals and washers etc. Using a Steyr LP10 now. The Izzy is a total value for money product and will easily last you a lifetime with minimal maintenance. Write to Tim McMurray of Mac1airguns if you plan to import one. He sells tuned up Izzys' with some work done on them. Check his website for more details.

sohampaul11
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sohampaul11 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:43 pm

Thanks! Will check it out!

nmondal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nmondal » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:44 pm

I know it is incredibly late ( 4 years ) but I did shoot today ( 1 shot ) with Hammerli AP 20. I am buying the pro version. And I can tell you that it is very, very, very accurate. Moreover it is incredibly lite.
I mean I was practicing with Steyr LP 10 seconds before I picked the Hammerli and... it came 9.
While 1 shot is not the best way to judge, I can tell you that the shot was fluent and came as a surprise to me, i.e. ISSF perfect way to take the shot.

sagar 12345
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sagar 12345 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:23 am

recently i bought second hand mfg 2016 hammereli ap pro air pistol. this is light weight & very accurate it gives approx 150 shots per fill . cylinder is 200 bar i am using scuba tank for filling pistol cylinder.if any other members having this this pistol please tell me about its shooting tips & maintainace.

nmondal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nmondal » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:44 pm

sagar 12345 wrote:recently i bought second hand mfg 2016 hammereli ap pro air pistol. this is light weight & very accurate it gives approx 150 shots per fill . cylinder is 200 bar i am using scuba tank for filling pistol cylinder.if any other members having this this pistol please tell me about its shooting tips & maintainace.
Woha! Great! How did you get it? If you let me know if there is a 2nd hand market from where I can buy 2nd hand match air pistol, it would be great!

sagar 12345
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sagar 12345 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:58 pm

i bought this air pistol from my friend who is running an shooting club . due to some financial problems he sold me this pistol along with scuba tank.

nmondal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nmondal » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:17 pm

sagar 12345 wrote:i bought this air pistol from my friend who is running an shooting club . due to some financial problems he sold me this pistol along with scuba tank.
Great! Does he have any other 2nd hand Match Air pistol that is up for sale?