AARMR hurricane model 15 air rifle india

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: AARMR hurricane model 15 air rifle india

Post by GNV » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:26 am

Dear Anoop,
I placed the order on 29 - Sep - 2015 and it will take at least 7 - 10 days to arrive at my door since I live in a small town. From Amritsar it comes to Hyderabad within 24 days. Then it comes to Vijayawada. If the shipper used a courier company which has a franchisee in my town it would come directly to my town.Otherwise it would be sent to a very big town called Rajahmundry, in the East Godavari District, which is fast becoming a City and 40 Kms away from my town. From there a courier boy will travel to my town at his convenience to bring the package and deliver it. Usually the package would be held for at least 24 hours at each stop before dispatched to the next stop. This is what I had to endure whenever I purchase anything online. My guess is it would arrive around 10th OCT.
But I'll post my first impressions with photos the same day I receive it. And in the next couple of days I'll post the preliminary Chronograph and Accuracy results with different pellets. And after at least 300 pellets were shot through it I'll strip the gun, lubricate it properly and assemble it and post detailed photos of each step, like I did in my post about PH Rifle, and probably a video of the disassembling and reassembling of the Trigger of this gun. That is how I planned it.
Regards,
GNV

For Advertising mail webmaster
jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:08 am

@GMV You have made this thread into a thriller where everyone wants to see the climax ! We have something to look forward to long after the precihole cliffhanger ..We still eternally await the precihole pcp though !

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:37 pm

@ Jatindra Singh Deo,

The name is GNV not GMV.

Since I live in a rural area I don't like PCP guns. A scuba cylinder would cost more than an Indian made PCP gun and I need to purchase a compressor to charge it which costs even more. Spring and Nitro Piston guns are best for people like me. They are totally self contained and just one stroke to charge it.

But if the Govt starts allowing import of air guns I definitely would get a FX Revolution from USA and wouldn't mind the extra cost of equipment. :)

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:08 pm

Somehow, I derive greater pleasure in springers than pcp's. Takes more to be on target. But that's a personal opinion.
BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:00 pm

I have thing for springers as well ! But would like to experience a pcp as well ,didn't want to take the hassle of developing entire ecosystem for it ;) pump ,scuba and stuff you know , so if precihole gets it right ,would be a good start ! Trying to get hold of a hw80/R1 in the mean time ..

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:41 pm

Just received an email that my order was dispatched and on its way to me. :D Now the long wait begins :(

MPK
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by MPK » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:36 pm

Congrats GNV,
Hope you get your Order delivered soon.

I am quite sure a lot of IFG-ians including myself are eagerly waiting for the Review of hurricane MOD15.
Lets see if it shoots as well as it looks.

Maheshzarkar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Maheshzarkar » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:17 pm

Hi GNV

Please share your number. I also am about to book Hurricane Mod 15. Need to talk to you before purchasing

Mahesh

Maheshzarkar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Maheshzarkar » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:59 pm

Hi Admin

Please advise on how to PM other members

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:35 pm

Maheshzarkar wrote:Hi Admin

Please advise on how to PM other members
Newly registered members do not have access to the PM facility.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

main13
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by main13 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:17 pm

Hello everyone!

I went & checked the Hurricane Mod 15 yest myself - compared it with Precihole, its IHP clone & some others. Here are my two cents:

#1) Power - Though I didn't get to fire it, the shopkeeper who told me the Hurricane is 'slightly' more powerful than the Precihole which in turn is more accurate! 8)
The IHP clone of precihole, though cheaper, lives up to the notorious adage about getting what you pay for.. Less power, less accuracy, inferior build quality (poor RF, inferior stock, shoddy looking O ring, goo inside the barrel), lesser price.. Might as well buy the Hurricane for lesser price instead. :? :oops: :evil:

#2) Accuracy - The shopkeeper said the PH is more accurate than Hurricane & IHP; he didn't say by how much.. Can somebody pleeeez shoot this beast & post the target pics so we know..??! :shock: :?: :!:

#3) Build - Hurricane has all steel sights welded to the barrel as against detachable polymer ones of Precihole & IHP.. Open front sight, rear sight adjustable for elevation & windage.. It lacked the finesse of the Precihole sights though.. Although its very sturdy n all, I personally love the fiberoptic & tritium ones - Blade once told me over a beer they're very useful for hunting vampires at night... :cheers: :twisted: 8)
The rifling was excellent, at par with Precihole which definitely must not be compared to the xxx IHP barrel that looked xxxx :evil:
O ring was again ok..
Trigger was good, the fact that it is adjustable, puts it above the PH gun. No safety unlike PH, both Hurricane & IHP (which has a cheap trigger too).. Bxxxxxx
Bluing is decent on Hurricane, but PH is better.. & IHP is obviously lesser.. PH comes with a nice RF coat too, but then so does its IHP clone but it looks more like their electroplating tank had more sand than the solution.. Or maybe they forgot to 'sand' it later.. Need to buzz AARMR & ask if they do RF....
The Hurricane I saw had no dovetails on it, though their xxxxxx propaganda machine claimed it to be present.. Sadly, no doves fly in Hurricanes, hence no tails... :stupid: PH & IHP both have one. Didn't I say that IHP is PH turned sideways & a I stuck behind...
Dunno why the Hurricane has a small Picatinny on the underside of its butt. Funny place to put it...
It has a polymer stock, far more tougher & heavier than the dainty precihole which is probably why they show kids shooting it! :D
The Hurricane is also slightly longer than the other two - takes a little bit getting used to it. xxxxxxxxxxx
The Hurricane magazine is perhaps the only serious disappointment - its there for ornamental purpose only.. Or you could keep a few pellets handy in there for quick loading.. xxxxxxx..! 8)
Its built like an assault rifle, & even 'feels' like one! In fact its heavier & tougher than some assault rifles in the market.. You can alternatively use it as a baseball bat, battering ram, or weightlifting dumbbell.. Can also be used as a 'Mugdar' for preparing spices at home, large hammer to tear down walls or crushing a terrorist's head should you ever cross one... Too bad they forgot to add a bayonet lug to attach a spear & a portable spade in the buttstock! .. :deadhorse: :lol: 8) :twisted:

#4) Feel - Well I love my guns.. & my girlfriend(sss).. So obviously can't write bad here.. Except for the IHP which is to PH whatxxxxxxx Or Type56 is to AK47... - Cheap lookalike! I would compare the Hurricane to Mrs. Sunny Kaur Leone in that case... :twisted: ROTFL
The first time I held the PH, it simply slid into my arms effortlessly like thexxxxx.. Very light, was able to train it 'instinctively'... Same goes for IHP, it is after all a clone!
The Hurricane however is more like an assault rifle - if you know your warm bloodedxxxxx take her out often, spend time together...
The balance is very much like an automatic weapon, but in the absence of a loaded mag, the balance is slightly forwards, towards the centre of the stock.
All three weapons have a flat bottom of stock, so shooters will definitely like it...
Personally I use my airgun for target shooting.. So I would prefer the usual wooden stock over plastic..
#5) Price - The dealer was quoting 15000 for the Hurricane, 8500 for IHP clone & in general 3-4k extra on all PH models except Orion. I would recommend buying online.. Or Calcutta Or Hyderabad Or Amritsar in respective cases... :wink:

My Take -
Hurricane is powerful, sturdy & priced at about half the price of PH.. Perfect value for money for beginners, plinkers, baseball players, Roman soldiers, weightlifters, housewives,
Precihole is a powerful 'surgical tool' for the discerning shooter on a budget.. If you cannot buy a Walther, buy the PH..!

Disclaimer -
That brings me to the end of this marathon sarcasm session, anxiously waiting for someone to post the performance results of the Hurricane...
No unintentional offence was directed towards anyone.. It was deliberate, non-malicious & strictly for fun! :roll: :lol: ROTFL :evil: :twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

imsuwati
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by imsuwati » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:05 pm

any reviews by users on hurricane mod 15???

about to recieve my hurricane mod 15 after 2-3 days

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:15 pm

I am having it for a week now and would be posting the in depth review soon.
All I can say is it justifies its price point and not all claims are true.

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:52 pm

Drooping aside, what was all the "IHP clone of PH" thingy floating around? Afaik, IHP is dad material to all that came after, including PH. A loose clone it is of the Diana, no denying that. But not of a PH. Just a fiber stock or fancy sight wouldn't make such an oldie a recent clone.

AARMR seems like a nice effort but it needs atleast PH level finesse to be called a match, which hopefully we'll get to know soon.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

gun08
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gun08 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:53 pm

IHP has been one of the best gun for past 10-15 years before precihole arrived, Yes we know that precihole is one of the best guns in India for quite some time recently :x .

We can also agree that most of the seniors in this group has used IHP guns at least for some time and they have loved it(Including me the novice ROTFL ).
I completely don't agree on the negative comments regarding IHP.

Regarding Hurricane Mod 15 we will have to wait for some reviews from seniors and I love the punjabi assault rifle design of the gun :agree: .

:cheers: :cheers: