Re : Change of piston in nx 100.

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
sanjay.chowdhury.5
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re : Change of piston in nx 100.

Post by sanjay.chowdhury.5 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:49 pm

Hi everyone,

Recently I have purchased nx 100, it,s working pretty good but while buying the shopkeeper said me like the nitro piston works for 2years or till 1500 pellets. After that I need to change the piston..But why so??
He was not so much enthusiastic about explaining it...
I would request you all to throw some light on this ...

Regards
Sanjay..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Re : Change of piston in nx 100.

Post by bennedose » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:09 am

Better to ask Precihole. Dealers will say things depending on the margins that they get on items they sell and the volumes they sell.

sanjay.chowdhury.5
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sanjay.chowdhury.5 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:23 pm

Waiting for some more seniors to throw some light.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pratik_mahale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pratik_mahale » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:12 pm

bennedose wrote:Better to ask Precihole. Dealers will say things depending on the margins that they get on items they sell and the volumes they sell.
:agree:

I already shot more than 2 K pellets from my Nitro Piston PH air rifle no issue of power loss or accuracy
& my center point 4-16 x scope also still holding on well

Walibaa
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Walibaa » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:16 pm

Nitro pistons usually long lasts than normal spring version. Do not dry fire or use too heavy or too light weight pellets this will definitely cause performance issue.
https://t.me/pump_upp

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:55 am

pratik_mahale wrote:
bennedose wrote:Better to ask Precihole. Dealers will say things depending on the margins that they get on items they sell and the volumes they sell.
:agree:

I already shot more than 2 K pellets from my Nitro Piston PH air rifle no issue of power loss or accuracy
& my center point 4-16 x scope also still holding on wel
l
Same here....I've also shot more than 2000 pellets, no drop in power & my Centerpoint Scope 2-7 x 32 is still holding the 'zero'
Nitro Pistons have a life of approx.10,000 shots & if at all there is a power loss - No need to change the Nitro Piston - Just refill Gas (Nitrogen) / Air to top up pressure :D
Briha

Walibaa
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Walibaa » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:00 am

How do you refil gas in nx100? Is it same nitrogen gas used for car tyres?
Also briha sir in my nx100 there is some white powder formation frequently. Its on the outter breach barrel exit.
https://t.me/pump_upp

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:15 am

Walibaa wrote:How do you refil gas in nx100? Is it same nitrogen gas used for car tyres?
Also briha sir in my nx100 there is some white powder formation frequently. Its on the outter breach barrel exit.
How do you refill gas in nx100? Is it same nitrogen gas used for car tyres?
Its filled from a 'Scuba Tank' same as its done for PCP air rifles....you may have to use a different nozzle for it....Check with Precihole.
In my nx100 there is some white powder formation frequently. Its on the outer breach barrel exit
Cant say unless one looks at it....If it doesn't affect the performance don't bother - Just wipe it off....
It would be better if you call Precihole to have your doubts cleared :D
Briha

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:50 pm

I don't think anybody can refill the nitro piston but the manufacturer. There are no valves on the nitro piston accessible to the user. I think filling the nitro piston is a complex job requiring special equipment and knowhow.
Regards

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:38 am

GNV wrote:I don't think anybody can refill the nitro piston but the manufacturer. There are no valves on the nitro piston accessible to the user. I think filling the nitro piston is a complex job requiring special equipment and know-how.
Regards
When I changed the spring in my Orion to Nitro Piston I was there watching the procedure....
No big deal - Spring Out - Nitro Piston in :D
The pressure in the NP was checked for re-assurance & filled the same way as a PCP :D :D :D
Briha

sohampaul11
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sohampaul11 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:25 pm

4000 shots and still counting. Owned for around 4 months. No problems whatsoever regarding power loss or accuracy. Recently played district level matches and will be playing the states with the same. Holds pretty good.

Ravindrane
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Ravindrane » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:53 pm

Bought one Club Elite in May 2014. Crossed more than 4000 pellets still feel fresh as the 1st shot. It is the retailers spreading the doubts.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:54 pm

sohampaul11 wrote:4000 shots and still counting. Owned for around 4 months. No problems whatsoever regarding power loss or accuracy. Recently played district level matches and will be playing the states with the same. Holds pretty good.
Best wishes :D
Briha

sohampaul11
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sohampaul11 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:31 pm

Thank you Briha Sir! :)

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:50 am

brihacharan wrote:
GNV wrote:I don't think anybody can refill the nitro piston but the manufacturer. There are no valves on the nitro piston accessible to the user. I think filling the nitro piston is a complex job requiring special equipment and know-how.
Regards
When I changed the spring in my Orion to Nitro Piston I was there watching the procedure....
No big deal - Spring Out - Nitro Piston in :D
The pressure in the NP was checked for re-assurance & filled the same way as a PCP :D :D :D
Briha
Brihaji,

Changing the Nitro Piston is very simple. Just a spring compressor is all one needs. If he is a BULLWORKER type man he may not need a compressor either :lol: :lol: :lol: . No need to disassemble the Trigeer unit either. But filling the Nitro Piston with gas is not that simple I think because I didn't see any valves on the nitro piston when I replaced the spring piston with nitro piston in my ORION recently. I think Precihole Nitro Piston needs some special custom equipment to do that. I read some where that on some Theoben Air Rifles the user can increase or decrease the gas pressure in their gas rams.

Regards.