H&N Präzisions Rundkugeln Pellets

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
aswincp
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

H&N Präzisions Rundkugeln Pellets

Post by aswincp » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:05 pm

Hi folks!

Just got myself a set of 4.5mm ball pellets from H&N brand from a local air rifle store here in Calicut, Kerala. The copper coated lead pellets, präzisions rundkugeln .177 are pretty shiny stuff I must say! :D I have tried it on my Weihrauch HW 77K and shoots fine! Actually I was planning to go for the normal .177 pellets but then came across this and thought I'd give it a try. It cost me Rs.600/- for 500nos pack. I have shot a couple of them at a distance of 14 yards and they hit the target centre well. H&N website says the round pellet is ideal for indoor shooting and the pellet has an ideal range of 5-15 yards. Both the normal as well as the round pellets do get disfigured quite well.

I tried shooting them at an old telephone directory :stupid: . So to say in a crude way, the normal pellet penetrated upto around 70pages while the round pellet went in more to about 140pages. I know this ain't the best way to qualify a pellet, but I just wanted to know the penetration levels, comparatively using my air rifle. As of now I have not much idea about any drawbacks of either types of these pellets but I personally liked the H&N ones.

My Weihrauch HW 77k (1989)

H&N round pellets 500 nos.

My normal .177 pellets 100 nos.
Not quite fond of these! :roll:

Before Shooting...Glossy and Matte! :D

After Shooting...Both are reduced to half I guess!

For Advertising mail webmaster
PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: H&N Präzisions Rundkugeln Pellets

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:04 pm

hi
round ball or BB can give you more penetration at limited ranges,
but accuracy suffers greatly beyond that distance...

in short BB r good for close range, and pallet (Diabolo shape) will retain accuracy at much longer distance

hope I m correct, and satisfy your ???

regards
"Men like us don't deserve to die in the bed, field would be a batter option"

Optional : Proper inglish n gramer

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:34 am

PRITAM PATEL wrote:hi
round ball or BB can give you more penetration at limited ranges,
but accuracy suffers greatly beyond that distance...
in short BB r good for close range, and pallet (Diabolo shape) will retain accuracy at much longer distance hope I m correct, and satisfy your ???
regards
True...BB's are good for short range shooting....
While "Diabolo" shaped pellets are good for long range (25 yds to 40 Yds) because of their 'aerodynamic' property....
Briha

aswincp
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by aswincp » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:36 pm

Oh okay, Thanks for the info guys! :) Also, so the round ones are for short ranges I understand, and when you mean long range of 25-40 yards, is it the range that my rifle can handle or generally the range of diabolo shaped pellets shot from most rifles? As in, I am not quite familiar with my rifle's range...

By the way which brand of pellets would you suggest for the point tipped type?