ENTRY LEVEL SCOPE FOR AIR RIFLE

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: ENTRY LEVEL SCOPE FOR AIR RIFLE

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:40 pm

ibalajis wrote: I don't think he would be able to check his PM until the access is granted by the mods.
ibalajis,

I have sent him the PM. If we can send it to him he can probably access it. But that only he can confirm, if he is able to access it.

Regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
im_mahesh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by im_mahesh » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:46 pm

Thanks Aadhaulya/IBalajis,

I do have the ability to view PMs sent to me, however, I cannot PM anyone. I got the contact number, tried calling....did not get a response....left a whatsapp msg. Lets see if he responds...Thanks for all the help.

ibalajis
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ibalajis » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:33 pm

Great... Good luck.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Tue May 12, 2015 10:04 pm

Ultimate Sniper wrote:aadhaulya- Dont count on Kovibazar.com for this scope; they had confirmed to me that it will not come in stock anytime soon as its close to impossible to get scopes imported for commercial purposes - its currently out of stock with them and will be so for a long time.
-Arvind S.

Arvind thanks to you I made it a daily routine to visit The Kovi web site. Today I found the much awaited scope for Rs 1600 and just placed the order for the same. Now they have only one more in stock. Initially I placed an order for both the pieces but decided to go in for one only just to check it out

Regards

Atul

Ultimate Sniper
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ultimate Sniper » Tue May 12, 2015 10:42 pm

During an online chat with the Kovi team, they only confirmed to me that it will not come in stock anytime soon, Happy to hear you could get hold of a piece.
Do let us know of the quality of the scope and if its worth the wait and the money.
Looking forward to seeing a review from you on this.

-Arvind S.

Chandan22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chandan22 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:15 pm

Gentlemen,

My two cents on scopes.

I've read everywhere, that one gets the quality one pays for. And mostly its in the context of spend as much as possible.
Now I have a fundamental disagreement with that line of thought since where would I go with a Bushnell 10x or 12x scope and shoot? Hunting is illegal. Ranges don't exceed 50m. AR's don't have that kind of range. So what do I do with a scope that shows a 200m distant bird as if it were in the palm of my hand? Perhaps take it to the beach for extracurricular activities, unrelated to shooting ??? ;-)

I spent months researching scopes, and also ordered a few from optics planet. Unfortunately they refused to send me the scopes to india. and even when i shipped them to acquaintances in the us, they blocked it out. so finally i went with a "cheap" scope from aliexpress.

Now this itty bitty 4x power scope turns out to be reasonably decent. the image is clear. the zero holds, the dovetail grips are tight and best part is that on the 50m range, its more than enough. i've gone through a 100 plus rounds already.

I've also ordered a variable 4-9x from the same guy as another low price. waiting for that to come before actually making up my mind on this issue.

but in summation, i think in the indian shooting context, buying a couple of hundred dollars, (or much more as these are considered "cheap" scopes in the fraternity) seems to be like buying a speedboat when all you have is a small pond a couple of hundred yards across to drive it in.

this is an entirely personal opinion and choice though, and not a very enlightened or educated one at that, but contentedly pragmatic to me.

~C

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Tue May 12, 2015 11:39 pm

Chandan22 wrote: So what do I do with a scope that shows a 200m distant bird as if it were in the palm of my hand? Perhaps take it to the beach for extracurricular activities, unrelated to shooting ??? ;-)
~C
I Love your Idea. :D
I have two 3-9X 40 scopes for my 30.06. This one, that I have bought for my AR is a 4X 20 only. So it may work. Lets see as I should get delivery in the next 2 days.

Regards

Atul

Ultimate Sniper
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ultimate Sniper » Wed May 13, 2015 10:20 pm

@Chandan22 - I agree with you - You get what you pay for...
But the are many places where more than 9x zoom can reach & an airgun can shoot.
I have a 3-9x32 CP scope, was having the same mindset, that more than 9x zoom would not be required on a springer, but am happy to be proven wrong.
There is a vast open land behind my flat with lots of chiku (chikoo/sapota) trees, believe you me, chiku fruits are real fun to be made as targets, very reactive.
I have gone to the limits of my scope (where I can barely see the fruits) with very effective hits.
So now am planning to upgrade & invest on a higher zoom set of glass to squeeze out the maximum juice out of my AR.

-Arvind S.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Fri May 15, 2015 11:24 am

Ultimate Sniper wrote:During an online chat with the Kovi team, they only confirmed to me that it will not come in stock anytime soon, Happy to hear you could get hold of a piece.
Do let us know of the quality of the scope and if its worth the wait and the money.
Looking forward to seeing a review from you on this.

-Arvind S.
Arvind, finally I got delivery of the scope today, it is different than the one advertised (2 X 20) what I got was a 3-7 X 28. But it is very cute and delicate looking.
But the scope vision is quite clear and sharp at different ranges. The optical lens of 28 does give a restricted view as compared to 40 that I have.
I do not know if it will take the double recoil of a springer. But I think it is more than worth Rs 1600 that I paid for it.
Now I have to try it out on my 30.06 rifle as I do not want to take a risk on the AR.
The following are the images of the cute little thing compared to my 3-9 X 40 scope.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Fri May 15, 2015 10:23 pm

Tried the scope on my 30.06. I had to zero in the scope with my 'bore sighter at about 50 mts. The results were good at that range in five rounds, that I fired. But after firing 5 rounds the mounting brackets became loose. After tightening them back again, I checked with the bore sighter and it had held its zero just about the same.
I feel it is a good buy for Rs 1600.

Regards

Atul

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:40 pm

This is just for information. As t took me months of checking the web site every day, before I cold buy it.
Today I found this scope available on the kovibazar site, if any one is interested, because this seems to be rarely available in their stock.

Regards

Atul