12 BORE RIFLE SLUG

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: 12 BORE RIFLE SLUG

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:28 pm

Thanks Vikram, I found them, ranging starting from about 35 db.
Would it be good enough or what db range should I order?

For Advertising mail webmaster
wildhoghunter
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by wildhoghunter » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:30 pm

aadhaulya wrote:Thanks TwoRivers, I will try out the rlfle slugs today. But as you mention that you do not know about 'Shaktiman' I will try to take some precautions like industrial gloves and protective eye glasses and shoot out 10 to 15 rounds through both barrels.
Hope nothing goes wrong, but then what the heck, I bought it for only Rs 12,500 so even if it gets damaged it I can get a new one. Besides it would be a good learning experience either way.

Regards
Eye glasses or industrial grade gloves will not protect you while destroying a gun by firing it. If you don't want to be destroyed tie that gun to something and operate the trigger with a thin rope , hiding behind a wall or a big tree.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:17 am

goodboy_mentor wrote:
I was showered with plaster of the wall on every shot
How about using few large sacks full of sand or mud to "absorb" the slug instead of hitting the wall. Also if the slug or bullet ricochets from wall, it can be fatal.
Vikram wrote:Please do not take it personally but the original post was removed because there were just so many unsafe practices involved with firing a gun in such fashion.

1. As GBM correctly pointed out, the danger of the slug when fired against a hard surface such as a concrete wall at such close quarters can ricochet and maim or kill you or any bystander. Even if the slug disintegrates, the shrapnel can still be very dangerous.

2. Discharging a gun without ear protection is not advisable as the damage to hearing is high and lasting. That risk is exacerbated when discharged in closed confines.

3. Whether the licensing authorities are aware or not, firing guns closer to living quarters is in the legal grey zone, if not illegal.
Guys, you have really scared me off. It is now about 4 months I have not used my guns on the terrace. I was not worried about the legal aspect as you mentioned (it is a grey area and open to interpretation) but the fact that bullet can ricochet off an irregularity in the wall. However safe one tries to be, it may lead to an accident.

Regards

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:41 am

aadhaulya wrote: Guys, you have really scared me off. It is now about 4 months I have not used my guns on the terrace. I was not worried about the legal aspect as you mentioned (it is a grey area and open to interpretation) but the fact that bullet can ricochet off an irregularity in the wall. However safe one tries to be, it may lead to an accident. Regards
That's good news; if you really want to let off a few the best place would be a purpose built range OR in suitable, secluded, wilderness with a reliable berm / backstop. :)
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:50 pm

Unfortunately there are no long ranges for the 30.06. I am trying to get entry to the CRPF range in Gurgaon. Let's see how it works out.

Regards