LASER BORE SIGHTER

This is the place for discussing gun care, custom work, repairs and ask related technical questions.
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

LASER BORE SIGHTER

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:50 pm

Hi All,

I have found this 'Laser Bore Sighter' on the Kovibazar site for Rs. 1800.
http://kovibazaar.com/Dot-Sight--Flashl ... 91734.html
After some research on Google I have come to know that you put this thing on the rear end of the rifle and the laser goes through the barrel and spots the place where the barrel is pointed. So you aim it at a target some distance away and adjust the scope to point at the same spot.
After that you need to fire a few shots to see the 'Point of Impact' and adjust the scope accordingly to compensate for the windage and elevation depending on the distance of the target and wind conditions.

Now, my question from the experts is as follows.
1. Is my understanding of this equipment correct.
2. My IOF 30.06 rifle 'rear end' after taking out the bolt is not flat and perpendicular to the bore. Will it work or will it have some attachments to fit it straight, into the 'rear end'.
3. The cost seems reasonable enough or are there some other alternatives available.

Regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Re: LASER BORE SIGHTER

Post by dr.jayakumar » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:11 am

Aadhaulya,
you have to fit in the muzzle end with suitable adapter to your bore size.
like this.
regards
dr.jk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:16 pm

dr.jayakumar wrote:Aadhaulya,
you have to fit in the muzzle end with suitable adapter to your bore size.
like this.
regards
dr.jk
Thanks for the information, Dr. JK, I had got it all wrong. I had presumed that the laser would come out of the pointed end, whereas it is on the opposite end and the pointed end goes into the muzzle end of the barrel.
This means that it would be a task to center the sighter properly for accurate results. The adapter would have to be specifically designed for the bore of a particular weapon.
I suppose that I will have to speak with the supplier before ordering thsi thing.

Regards

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:15 pm

Finally got my 'Laser Bore Sighter' from Kovibazar. Although I haven't tried it yet, as I had to leave town and will be back next weekend only but I could not find the on/ off button on it and the thing remains permanently on. The instruction sheet tells how to do it and there is a sticker also pointing out the switch. But I still can't find it.
Therefore I have to remove the batteries to switch it off.

Regards

Walibaa
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Walibaa » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:23 pm

aadhaulya wrote:Finally got my 'Laser Bore Sighter' from Kovibazar. Although I haven't tried it yet, as I had to leave town and will be back next weekend only but I could not find the on/ off button on it and the thing remains permanently on. The instruction sheet tells how to do it and there is a sticker also pointing out the switch. But I still can't find it.
Therefore I have to remove the batteries to switch it off.

Regards

Sir,
Update required.
Did you manage to install and use it?
What extra items did you use to fix it?
https://t.me/pump_upp

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:01 am

Walibaa,

Nothing extra is required it has different attachments to fit on to different bore sizes.

Atul

nkarun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nkarun » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:56 pm

Aadhaulya, i had come across your post while searching for LASER bore sighters , Can you please conclude your experience with it, zeroing etc. I am also looking to buy one, but now its not available in Kovibazar, out of stock or so. I had seen couple of items in Alibaba/Aliexpress, which are not sure of delivery after paying.
Hope you can provide some point s on your new purchase ( i mean about laser bore sight)

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:57 am

nkarun wrote:Aadhaulya, i had come across your post while searching for LASER bore sighters , Can you please conclude your experience with it, zeroing etc. I am also looking to buy one, but now its not available in Kovibazar, out of stock or so. I had seen couple of items in Alibaba/Aliexpress, which are not sure of delivery after paying.
Hope you can provide some point s on your new purchase ( i mean about laser bore sight)
nkarun,

To be frank with you I have actually not tested its accuracy till now, as there are no 300mts or for that matter 100mt ranges for big bore rifles in and around Delhi, except Kadarpur, where it is difficult to get permission to shoot

Atul

nkarun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nkarun » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:44 pm

Ok. I thought u are using it for testing AR. I am planning to do some prototype for zeroing. I found that that type of laser bore sighters are having slight imperfection which is un acceptable at long distance. I need to check if its same in your case also. If u got an opportunity to test pls feel free to update this thread too