IOF .32 revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
pdn70
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: IOF .32 revolver

Post by pdn70 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:17 pm

Please don't go for exceptional case like Mikey's. Iof revolver mk 3 is best in this price n segment.
I think that the invention of the Bullet is the most remarkable event in the history of mankind. It has the power to ensure both Humanity and Inhumanity.

REGARDS, PDN.

For Advertising mail webmaster
dany
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by dany » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:01 pm

Stamp master...if u willing to wait for 4 to 6 months thn mk4 is coming out..

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:45 pm

dany- thanks for the update. My greatest worry is even newspaper ad, government orders get delayed. And I may have to run around for purchase extension permission.

And I would like to get more info on MK4- how reliable, material quality, performance is. Which can only be certified with people with real experience using MK4 and comparing with others like MK3 etc.

Its just our assumption that MK4 being the latest product will be netter then the predecessor, i think... not necessarily.

As of now I am not in a hurry, as i am applying for my additional license in 2 weeks. Which may take a while itself and election date has been released so arms trade is restricted, which will benefit me to to request extension date of purchase on genuine grounds.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

micky
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by micky » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi.
In range today and fired 6 shots from my .32 revolver. Got 5 perfect body and head shots on human size target. Encountered following problems:-
1. 6th round misfired. The barrel broke open fully only after applying excessive force towards the end and not smoothly.
2. The cylinder came out loose/ disengaged.
3. Extractor was not working.

As the cylinder came out, I saw that the spring was not moving. I loosened the nut and after fiddling with the spring for a few minutes, got the extractor working in the bare cylinder in my hand.

Now going home with a heavy heart and will assemble the revolver. Though satisfied with the 5 shots fired.

WHAT COULD BE THE REASON OF CYLINDER COMING OUT ON IT'S OWN? Could it because of loose screws around cam cylinder, lever cam etc? I prepared and inspected the revolver well before firing.

pdn70
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pdn70 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:48 pm

Not a usual thing for IOF Rev.
I think that the invention of the Bullet is the most remarkable event in the history of mankind. It has the power to ensure both Humanity and Inhumanity.

REGARDS, PDN.

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:11 pm

Thats why I keep suggesting buy a Pistol instead...
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

pdn70
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pdn70 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:40 pm

Ha ha ha
IOF pistol .32 is pathetic. Rev is much better.

REGARDS, PDN.

micky
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by micky » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:25 pm

Hi guys. I think i found the problem.
Some of the fired cart cases were probably stuck too tight. When I tried opening after firing, it put immense pressure on the extractor and hence the cylinder which in the process got disengaged.
Assembled the revolver now and seems fine. Will fire a few shots after a while

gwattal
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by gwattal » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:51 am

Ankush
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Ankush » Wed May 28, 2014 11:01 am

Hi friends, I am a mumbaite and have recently obtained arms license, I would like to know what make revolver should I go for ??? Is the IOF .32 good enough or should I go for a foreign make. Pls suggest

pdn70
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pdn70 » Wed May 28, 2014 3:03 pm

Depends... if u can shell out 3-4 lambs then go for foreign pistol.

REGARDS, PDN.

indiaone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by indiaone » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:17 pm

The Times of India,New Delhi edition dated 16/10/2014 page 21 carries an adv from the IOF * Field Gun Factory Kanpur ) indicating that the Revolver MK III both long barrel and short barrel is now readily available . Any license holder may obtain the same after the licence is verified by the issuing authority. It indicates that the production has increased which is a welcome development. The equipment is operational and effective but lacks snob value.The imported old guns from the second hand market still carries lot of prestige.

mrinmoy mukherjee
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: IOF .32 revolver long barrel

Post by mrinmoy mukherjee » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:52 am

Can anyone tell me the difference between a long barrel. 32 revolver or standard. 32 revolver and which revolver should I buy

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:58 pm

A longer barrel would mean better muzzle velocity, better accuracy and a longer sight radius. On the flip side carrying it around on a daily basis may be an issue. It would be the one to opt for it your looking at home defence or range shooting. This is one of my favourite articles....

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob136.html
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

mrinmoy mukherjee
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: IOF .32 revolver long barrel

Post by mrinmoy mukherjee » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:44 am

Thank you farook bhai for your information ya i am going for the longer barrel. Revolver but what i will particularly buy Mk 3. Or Mk 4 revolver