IOF .22 revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
TC
Veteran
Veteran

Re: IOF .22 revolver

Post by TC » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:07 pm

kedarmarkale wrote:Also can anyone please tell me whats the status on the steel revolver
what will be the waiting for it and also what is the expected price
The steel body .22 revolver is not going to hit the market soon. Production of the first lot is slow through the Ministry gave its clearance in September 2013.
The first prototype produced by IOF Ishapore had a major flaw - a rather wide gap between the cylinder and barrel - resulting in drop of muzzle velocity because of gas escape. This is being rectified.
Otherwise the revolver is nice, albeit a bit heavy. Those who test fired the first lot recommended to IOF Ishapore that the hammer spur be widened and the rear sight made a bit bigger.

Pricing is fixed only after calculating material cost and man hours (including what is wasted !) and my experience tells me that it will cost between 65-75k INR.
Officially however the price has not been fixed and I would be happy if proved wrong and the gun finally sells for 50- 50 k INR which, I fell, is more than sufficient for what they produce.

:cheers:
TC

For Advertising mail webmaster
kedarmarkale
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kedarmarkale » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:28 pm

thanks a ton TC whats ur recomendation should i go for the alloy one

anubhav_rulez
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by anubhav_rulez » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:58 pm

Dada, that's a heart breaking news :(
I was about to get my AL & was hoping to buy the same as my first weapon.
Anubhav Bajpai
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's always better to have a gun & don't need it...Than need a gun & not having it !!!

kedarmarkale
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kedarmarkale » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:20 am

also can any one tell me what all should i check in the .22 revolver before i buy

also can any one guide me how to select the best one out of the 2-3 wepons before buying

amit xrd
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by amit xrd » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:26 am

Fellow member any update regarding steel version of .22 revolver?

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:28 pm

kedarmarkale wrote:thanks a ton TC whats ur recomendation should i go for the alloy one
anubhav_rulez wrote:Dada, that's a heart breaking news :(
My suggestion to both of you would be .... wait till the end of this year.

TC

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:58 pm

TC wrote:
kedarmarkale wrote:thanks a ton TC whats ur recomendation should i go for the alloy one

TC
TC,

Could you elaborate pls if there's a reason you recommend this? Not that I plan to buy the .22 but wondering if there's something in the offering worth waiting for. I have a handgun space on my license pending to be filled!

Cheers,
SS

kedarmarkale
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kedarmarkale » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:05 am

please can any one guide me on how to check the revolver before buyin and also how to select the best piece out of the available ones

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:18 pm

SS wrote:
TC wrote:

TC
TC,

Could you elaborate pls if there's a reason you recommend this? Not that I plan to buy the .22 but wondering if there's something in the offering worth waiting for. I have a handgun space on my license pending to be filled!

Cheers,
SS
Dear S,
I am neither recommending nor dismissing the all steel 22 at this moment. I just went by the feedback from those who tested the first lot. Some of them fired more than 100 rounds in one go. Not one complained of misfire or faulty ejection.
The revolver looks good, or should I say better than the .32 and since its a copy of the Smith and Wesson air light model the mechanism is at least more updated. But you have to bear in mind that its made in India even though it may not cost a fortune for those on a budget.
Oh ! forgot to mention that this one fired a variety of ammo including KF unlike the "Eley only" alloy revolver.

By all ammo however I am not talking of Stinger or any other hyper velocity round. IOF Ishapore still does not have access to these they say :lol:

:cheers:

TC

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:24 pm

kedarmarkale wrote:please can any one guide me on how to check the revolver before buying and also how to select the best piece out of the available ones
If you are talking of the all steel .22 revolver then it is likely to be sold through registered gun dealers just like the alloy version. If that happens then you may visit several shops and select a piece and even request a dealer to let you fire a shot or two if he has the facility.

But if they sell it directly from the factory like they do with the .32 pistol and .32 revolver then you will have to accept what you get when your turn comes, unless of course you know the top bosses in the Indian Ordnance Board or Union ministers, or some powerful MP, or ....... I hope you get the picture by now :lol:

TC

kedarmarkale
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kedarmarkale » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:19 pm

spoke to guys at iof ..... .22 steel is no where in pipeline and not likely to be launched till jan next year

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:50 pm

kedarmarkale wrote:spoke to guys at iof ..... .22 steel is no where in pipeline and not likely to be launched till jan next year
Didn't I say so ! I come to know pretty much everything that goes on at IOF. Their focus right now is on other projects.

TC

kedarmarkale
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kedarmarkale » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:15 pm

Bought .22 revolver today super satisfactory performance[img]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08 ... dac786.jpg[/img]
1407771863330.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kedarmarkale
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kedarmarkale » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:21 pm

Fired around 24 rounds was smooth as silk

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:50 am

I am booking a Pistol from IOF. In the mean time I have also bought a .22 Revolver two days ago and fired about 25 rounds. I have used Winchester and Indian ammo. There is no problem with the Winchester ammo and no problem in firing 1,2 or 3 indian rounds. But firing 4 or more indian rounds in one go jams the ejector and each shell has to be hammered out using a cleaning rod.
Being an Automobile guy, I am making a 'reaming rod' sort of contraption, in stainless steel and plan to grind the chambers using Engine valve grinding pastes. After doing that I may solve the ejection problem or may be screw up the revolver.
Hoping for the best....