Which airgun should I buy?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
cruiser13
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Which airgun should I buy?

Post by cruiser13 » Wed May 14, 2014 4:20 pm

Good day gentlemen. I'm a navy capt from Mumbai. I'm new to the group and absolute noob when it comes to guns.. I'm looking for an air rifle and a dealer in Bangalore has quoted 20000/- for a used Fenix-400 cometa.
Can you experts advise if this is a good deal or am I being ripped off. I haven't seen the piece yet. Any advice alternatives would be most welcome.. Also how much would a scope for this gun cost?

Thanks and regards
Gary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
cruiser13
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by cruiser13 » Sun May 18, 2014 11:29 pm

Kya baat hai guys?!! No one to advise a novice? Anyways went ahead and bought myself a .22 karbin from Precihole.. Enjoying the initial euphoria.. Busy shooting mangoes off the tree at my in laws place[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Mon May 19, 2014 10:36 am

cruiser13 wrote:Kya baat hai guys?!! No one to advise a novice? Anyways went ahead and bought myself a .22 karbin from Precihole.. Enjoying the initial euphoria.. Busy shooting mangoes off the tree at my in laws place[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]
Hi cruiser13,
> Congrats on acquiring a 0.22 cal Karbin from Precihole :D
> You've done well :clap:
> I've shot this model - smooth & accurate...
Happy Shooting!!!!
Briha

cruiser13
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by cruiser13 » Mon May 19, 2014 10:51 am

Thanks Brihaji

cruiser13
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by cruiser13 » Mon May 19, 2014 12:15 pm

Any inputs from you Brihaji. Can you advise how and where to aim to take recoil into account.

sumit.technocrat
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sumit.technocrat » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:23 pm

what exactly you want to ask ?

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:15 pm

Hi guys,

Any one here using a precihole nx100 club elite? Would help if someone could share the user experience in terms of accuracy and consistency.

Mulling over an AR pruely for use at the range. Dont want to spend on used ones from big brands and cant import one within my budget(crosman challenger) cause I am not a member of the club as yet.

Also inputs on the IHP PCP would be appriciated.

Cheers,
KS.

sumit.technocrat
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sumit.technocrat » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:40 pm

Last month I visited Precihole Head office and manufacturing unit for some business purpose. There I had picked a NX100 randomly from the lot and fired it more than 5 times on a 10m Air rifle target arrangement. Believe me every time I was able to hit the Bulls Eye.

Great Air Rifle in this price with international standard built quality.

Very accurate, very precise.

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:02 pm

Need a short barrel and light air rifle for the sole purpose of eliminating sewer rats / pests at ranges not more than 20 / 25 mt.

The AR has to be accurate, powerful and not frightfully expensive... The NX100 Karbin seems a good choice specs wise - but does it actually deliver the claimed 600 fps with steel tipped pellet from G Smith or domed pellets from Crossman etc ?

Will appreciate feedback from actual users of the Karbin with nitro piston / spring

TC

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:04 pm

I have punched holes in cans and thin metal sheets at 25 - 30 meters using a springer (Precihole Orion). I used GSmith Round head and Precipell pellets. Problem is - you will (IMO) need a springer safe telescope. It is very difficult to hit a sewer rat at 25 meters using open sights. In the dark - impossible

cruiser13
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by cruiser13 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:30 pm

I use the NX 100 karbin and I've recorded 512 fps. Dunno how accurate the app on the phone is though...

anubhav_rulez
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by anubhav_rulez » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:52 pm

Hi all,
Iam a precihole nx scorpious owner...rifle is pretty accurate, balanced & it can pierce through 1/2 inch ply from 10 mtrs smoothly...leaving imprints on wall acting as a backstop. Awesome indian made AR.
Anubhav Bajpai
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's always better to have a gun & don't need it...Than need a gun & not having it !!!

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:05 am

Dear cruiser13,
Which pellet did you use ??
What is the weight of the pellet ??
You may cross verify the reading by Audacity Software.
Dear TC,
When it comes to weight ,undoubtedly Precihole is the lighter than even current synthetic IHPs.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:30 pm

bennedose wrote:I have punched holes in cans and thin metal sheets at 25 - 30 meters using a springer (Precihole Orion). I used GSmith Round head and Precipell pellets. Problem is - you will (IMO) need a springer safe telescope. It is very difficult to hit a sewer rat at 25 meters using open sights. In the dark - impossible
Thank you so much Bennedose for the prompt feedback. Though I didn't mention caliber I am sure you and the others must have understood that I was talking .22.
Oh yes, I have a range of springer rated scopes, mounts, laser dots and even holo sights at my disposal. So that's not a problem at all. Checked out the new wood and woodland camo finish stocks at a dealers' yesterday. SIMPLY AWESOME finish.

:cheers:
TC
cruiser13 wrote:I use the NX 100 karbin and I've recorded 512 fps. Dunno how accurate the app on the phone is though...

Thanks Cruiser. That's useful info.

TC
anubhav_rulez wrote:Hi all,
Iam a precihole nx scorpious owner...rifle is pretty accurate, balanced & it can pierce through 1/2 inch ply from 10 mtrs smoothly...leaving imprints on wall acting as a backstop. Awesome indian made AR.
Thanks Anubhav. I would spare the walls though :D

TC
Basu wrote:Dear cruiser13,
Which pellet did you use ??
What is the weight of the pellet ??
You may cross verify the reading by Audacity Software.
Dear TC,
When it comes to weight ,undoubtedly Precihole is the lighter than even current synthetic IHPs.

Basu
Thanks Basuda,
That's valuable information.

Any more feedback guys ?

TC

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:56 pm

As mentioned by other members, tin cans are no match and metals of substantially thicker gauges can be punched through using something like the gamo rocket with the precihole.

p.s. hope you do take all cautions if you are shootin these rats in a public place :)