Exemption from depositing Arms during elections

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Exemption from depositing Arms during elections

Post by dr.jayakumar » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:59 am

I think its the first time some one is taking this to court in tamilnad.so ,am little anxious about the verdict.i had given everything required,the lawyer is sure.hopefully tommorow will be the judgement.
regards
dr.jk

For Advertising mail webmaster
supershaji
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by supershaji » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:21 am

Dr JK,

All the very best and kudos for your effort to uphold your rights and questioning authority.
chitty-vitty, bang-shang

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:50 am

thanks supersaji.i think i need it.
regards
dr.jk

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:32 pm

Got the writ petiton number8134 mine and 8135 my friends.just an update
regrads
dr.jk

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:54 am

any one from delhi, got any such request, as till now I have not got any such request and even during state elections i did not get any such requests.

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:50 pm

dr.jayakumar wrote:Got the writ petiton number8134 mine and 8135 my friends.just an update
regrads
dr.jk
Thanks Doc. Today I went and deposited my weapons with a dealer friend. Just didn't want my family to face the cops as I will be travel extensively before and during the elections. But I will watch this thread everyday.

TC

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:23 pm

Next hearing is on monday so have to have my fingers crossed.
regards
dr.jk

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:15 am

http://www.thenrai.in/index.php/compone ... ng-weapons
latest circular dated 21st march 2014.
regards
dr.jk

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:24 pm

dr.jayakumar wrote:http://www.thenrai.in/index.php/compone ... ng-weapons
latest circular dated 21st march 2014.
regards
dr.jk
Its a victory. Now what about those who are not members of the NRAI.
And those who are members of state rifle associations.
And those who are only members of registered clubs which are directly affiliated to state rifle associations.

The fight has to be taken further.

But we have won round one.

:cheers:

TC

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:15 pm

I believe the order says members "The sportsmen being the members of National Rifle Association of India at different levels".............. " members of National Rifle
Association of India (N.R.A.I.) at different levels, wherein it means members of XYZ State Rifle Association, are also exempt from depositing their firearms during elections. "
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:24 pm

farook wrote:I believe the order says members "The sportsmen being the members of National Rifle Association of India at different levels".............. " members of National Rifle
Association of India (N.R.A.I.) at different levels, wherein it means members of XYZ State Rifle Association, are also exempt from depositing their firearms during elections. "
Farook I appreciate your optimism but cannot share it.
Having observed the country's administrative machinery from THIS close, and still doing it everyday, I can only wish you luck in your endeavor to explain to your local police station what is the NRAI and how every XYZ club in the country is linked to it and this is what the EC's letter describes as "at different levels."

The EC gave this order because the NRAI moved it. But bureaucrats, or should I say public servants who are paid by the tax payer, know very well how to play with 1000 words and yet get away without making any commitment or a promise that has far reaching consequences.

Those words "at different levels" mean little, if you ask me.

TC

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:38 pm

Please forward these orders to your state/ district level rifle association. They would send a copy of it to the Director General of Police of the state who in turn would forward it to each city's police commissioner
I do agree the police is not well informed, but they cannot ignore a order from the election commission when it's on paper in front of them..

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:27 pm

farook wrote:.... I do agree the police is not well informed, but they cannot ignore a order from the election commission when it's on paper in front of them..
IMHO, the police is quite well informed! But if you are not well informed regarding a given situation, they may not oblige you with the information. :shock:
It is for you to go through the motions of "informing" them about your credentials as a member of a shooting association, and that shooting associations are exempt under such and such notification/ order/ circular etc. And this may have to be repeated each time an election comes up! :shock: :roll: :(

In this day and age of computers and the internet, is it so difficult to find out if a person is really a member of such an association, and then once that is established is it so difficult to keep it on record and therefore not bother that person at every election, instead of making him go through this process of having him "inform" them that he is such and such?

But that is exactly what goes on, this is India! :D
anand

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:34 pm

HEIGHTS OF HARASSMENT
-------------------------------
though the WP is pending at high court,the local DM has sent me this warning notice.
regards
dr.jk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:41 pm

dr.jayakumar wrote:HEIGHTS OF HARASSMENT
-------------------------------
though the WP is pending at high court,the local DM has sent me this warning notice.
regards
dr.jk
Doctor, Suggest you deposit your weapons until the courts verdict. That's what I have done.

Section 188 in The Indian Penal Code, 1860
188. Disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant.-- Whoever, knowing that, by an order promulgated by a public servant lawfully empowered to promulgate such order, he is directed to abstain from a certain act, or to take certain order with certain property in his possession or under his management. disobeys such direction, shall, if such disobedience causes or tends to cause obstruction, annoyance or injury, or risk of obstruction, annoyance or injury, to any persons lawfully employed, be punished with simple imprisonment for a term which may extend to one month or with fine which may extend to two hundred rupees, or with both: and if such disobedience causes or tends to cause danger to human life, health or safety, or causes or tends to cause a riot or affray, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to six months, or with fine which may extend to one thousand rupees, or with both. Explanation.- It is not necessary that the offender should intend to produce harm, or contemplate his disobedience as likely to produce harm. It is sufficient that he knows of the order which he disobeys, and that his disobedience produces, or is likely to produce, harm. Illustration An order is promulgated by a public servant lawfully empowered to promulgated such order, directing that a religious procession shall not pass down a certain street. A knowingly disobeys the order, and thereby causes danger of riot. A has committed the offence defined in this section.