First Air Rifle

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: First Air Rifle

Post by GNV » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:21 am

bennedose wrote:Interesting. I thought automatic safety was to prevent accidental discharge of loaded rifle after cocking, loading and closing the breech. My Orion can be fired by pulling the trigger deliberately or accidentally as soon as it is loaded and the barrel closed. I don't have to touch the safety catch, which can only be engaged manually after cocking by pulling it back.
to
Dear Bennedose,
I am trying to to post a couple of diagrams of the PH air guns' trigger assembly one taken from the PH website and the second is a cross-section diagram of the assembly which was kindly provided by Mr.Prateek-Mahale yesterday or the day before yesterday in his post regarding the PH gun trigger fine tuning. But in my first attempt to post both the diagrams in this post I was able to attach only one image and I have no idea how to attach both images in this post. So I am trying to post the images in two posts and explain how the safety in a PH rifle works. Please excuse my ignorance about how to include both the images and what I wish to say about how the safety and trigger works.
Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:34 am

GNV wrote:
bennedose wrote:Interesting. I thought automatic safety was to prevent accidental discharge of loaded rifle after cocking, loading and closing the breech. My Orion can be fired by pulling the trigger deliberately or accidentally as soon as it is loaded and the barrel closed. I don't have to touch the safety catch, which can only be engaged manually after cocking by pulling it back.
to
Dear Bennedose,
I am trying to to post a couple of diagrams of the PH air guns' trigger assembly one taken from the PH website and the second is a cross-section diagram of the assembly which was kindly provided by Mr.Prateek-Mahale yesterday or the day before yesterday in his post regarding the PH gun trigger fine tuning. But in my first attempt to post both the diagrams in this post I was able to attach only one image and I have no idea how to attach both images in this post. So I am trying to post the images in two posts and explain how the safety in a PH rifle works. Please excuse my ignorance about how to include both the images and what I wish to say about how the safety and trigger works.
Thank you.
Here I am attaching the diagram provided by Mr.Prateek. In this image the safety lever was shown in OFF position.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:04 am

Dear Bennedose,
I spent nearly two hours to post a continuing post to my above two posts explaining the working of the PH gun safety in auto mode, why aimco opted for manual safety, how easy it is to convert it from auto to manual, my thoughts on why the initial customers blamed the PH for bad trigger design when it really was not a bad design and the failure on part of the PH company to educate their customers about how their triggers and auto safeties work by explaining that in their gun's instruction manuals and why your gun which was fitted with a manual safety, was working normally . But when I clicked on the submit icon all that I had typed over the last 2 hrs disappeared nothing was posted in the forum. I am truly frustrated.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:59 am

GNV wrote:I spent nearly two hours to post a continuing post . . . But when I clicked on the submit icon all that I had typed over the last 2 hrs disappeared nothing was posted in the forum. I am truly frustrated.
Sad to say, these things have happened to many of us. I highly recommend these two measures:

1. At the very least, when you have written an extensive post, I suggest copying your work to the clipboard before hitting the submit button. This way, if there is a problem in posting for any number of reasons, your work is not lost.

2. Better and safer, especially if your post has taken a lot of work, use Textedit (or Notepad or Wordpad, if you use a Windows system) to compose your post. Then, when you have gone over it and is ready for posting, do a "select all" and paste it into the text box in your browser.

Either one of these take very little extra effort and can save a lot of grief and even some anger...
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

kiran2608
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kiran2608 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:23 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have a doubt and could you guys please clarify:-)

As karbin is short barrel,

1) how about the velocity, accuracy and range ? Is it as good as the normal one?

2) I could find the sights mounted in karbin. So is it possible to mount the sights? ( I don't prefer scope at all)

3) is this karbin version is Nile specific to .22? Is it also available in .177?

Hope the questions do not sound too stupid:-)

Actually I am in love with this karbin by looks. But I just want the proper reviews on this.

Please suggest:-)

Regards,

KD

Shrikar Sawant
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Shrikar Sawant » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:58 pm

Thanks to everyone! The point is that AIMCO provides percihole nx100 at just 11.9k while.the local dealer demands 14k. BUT ..........AIMCO doesn't give automatic safety!! :oops:

Thank you GNV and m sorry about what happened but you mentioned that "manual safety can easily be converted to automatic safety" How? Is is possible at home or should we go to a
percihole dealer? :?:

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:23 pm

kiran2608 wrote:Hi Everyone,

1) how about the velocity, accuracy and range ? Is it as good as the normal one?
2) I could find the sights mounted in karbin. So is it possible to mount the sights? ( I don't prefer scope at all)
3) is this karbin version is Nile specific to .22? Is it also available in .177?
Actually I am in love with this karbin by looks. But I just want the proper reviews on this.
Regards,
KD
Hi Kiran,
> You can get answers to all your queries -
> Just call Precihole (their contact nos. are given in their website)
> They are customer friendly & prompt....
Good Luck
Briha

kiran2608
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kiran2608 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:50 pm

Hi Briha ji,

Yes, I have also mailed the same questions to precihole. And waiting for their response:-)

Thank you :-)

Regards,
KD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:37 pm

kiran2608 wrote:Hi Briha ji,

Yes, I have also mailed the same questions to precihole. And waiting for their response:-)
Thank you :-)
Regards,
KD
Hi Kiran,
> When you receive the answers please post them - It would be added knowledge to all of us :D
Briha

kiran2608
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kiran2608 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:47 pm

sure :-) and with out fail:-)

KD

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:34 pm

timmy wrote:
GNV wrote:I spent nearly two hours to post a continuing post . . . But when I clicked on the submit icon all that I had typed over the last 2 hrs disappeared nothing was posted in the forum. I am truly frustrated.
Sad to say, these things have happened to many of us. I highly recommend these two measures:

1. At the very least, when you have written an extensive post, I suggest copying your work to the clipboard before hitting the submit button. This way, if there is a problem in posting for any number of reasons, your work is not lost.

2. Better and safer, especially if your post has taken a lot of work, use Textedit (or Notepad or Wordpad, if you use a Windows system) to compose your post. Then, when you have gone over it and is ready for posting, do a "select all" and paste it into the text box in your browser.

Either one of these take very little extra effort and can save a lot of grief and even some anger...
Thanks for your suggestion Sir,
Regards.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:15 am

Shrikar Sawant wrote:Thanks to everyone! The point is that AIMCO provides percihole nx100 at just 11.9k while.the local dealer demands 14k. BUT ..........AIMCO doesn't give automatic safety!! :oops:

Thank you GNV and m sorry about what happened but you mentioned that "manual safety can easily be converted to automatic safety" How? Is is possible at home or should we go to a
percihole dealer? :?:
Dear Shrikar,
I told that it is easy to convert AUTO safety to MANUAL safety. It involves just cutting off a small portion of the front face of the safety lever. The cocking lever then would slide past the safety lever without engaging it. Then the safety becomes a manual one and needs to be engaged ON and OFF manually to use it.
But to convert a manual safety into an automatic one you will have to replace the safety lever with the original standard automatic type with full front face. In the attached diagram it is the Part named as PART # 11 and named TRIGGER LOCK ( Safety Lever ). It is a small die cast metal part and could be obtained from Precihole Sports Pvt Ltd, only. As per doing the replacement it all depends on the person's ability who is doing it. It is a pretty easy job for me but I am an Engineering Graduate and I have been fiddling with Spring Piston Air Guns both Indian and Foreign ones for more than 30 yrs. But I don't know if you can do it yourself at home because it seems to me as if this is your first air gun and you have no knowledge about disassembling an air gun to its parts and reassembling it correctly. But if you can understand the technical diagram of the cross sectional view of the Trigger Assembly diagram, so kindly provided by Mr.Prateek, which I already had posted and you wish to do the replacement yourself please PM me I will PM you the procedure. It is extremely simple and takes only a couple of minutes.
But I advise you to contact Aimco first and find out if they can send you a PH gun of your choice fitted with an automatic safety. If they could all is well and there would be nothing to worry about. If they couldn't and still you want to buy from Aimco, then contact Precihole using their website and tell them your problem. I think if you contact them after buying the gun from Aimco first, and giving the serial no. of your gun and request them if they could send the said part to you by Regd.Post, I am sure they would happily send you the part which is a small one and doesn't cost much. They are very helpful people and always try to support their customers in any which way they could.
If you wish to contact me for any help please feel free to do so by using PM.
Best of Luck,
GNV.

PS: I tried to attach the exploded view diagram of the Trigger Assembly but for some reason I could not. Please look for the diagram in my earlier posts in this topic.

Shrikar Sawant
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Shrikar Sawant » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:50 am

Thank you GNV sir I am going to buy the gun after a month as I have got my 11 board exams.from.tomorrow. so I'll buy the.gun after exam.and let you know.!!!!

kiran2608
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kiran2608 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:08 pm

brihacharan wrote:
kiran2608 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Regards,
KD
Hi Kiran,
> You can get answers to all your queries -
> Just call Precihole (their contact nos. are given in their website)
> They are customer friendly & prompt....
Good Luck
Briha

Hi Briha Ji and members,

I have got a call from precihole for the questions I have asked.
A) there is not change in velocity or anything and it works exactly like the normal barrelled ARs
2) I could not find the sights mounted in karbin. So is it possible to mount the sights? ( I don't prefer scope at all)
A) Front sight will be given and the rear sight is complimentary.
A) Karbin model is available in both scorpius and polaris.

But I still have my own doubts :roll: :roll: In the picture, I could see that the karbin barrel is bulged in the tip. So do we need to remove that bulge and fix the front sight and then the rear sight?

I am still confused.

I have spoken to oliveplant.in person in bangalore and even he could not give proper information. I think I have to visit the store and check the AR by myself. Will try to visit this weaken:-)

According to wiki, karbins were made in 1850's or some where before or after for the soldiers on horsebacks for immediate access. And those Karbins are less powerful and less accurate compared to the normal guns.

I hope precihole Karbins are not same:-)

Regards,

KD

moulindu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by moulindu » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:16 pm

Shrikar Sawant wrote:According to wiki, karbins were made in 1850's or some where before or after for the soldiers on horsebacks for immediate access. And those Karbins are less powerful and less accurate compared to the normal guns.
Cant say that because the TX200 MKIII & HC (Hunter Carbine) models are both equally accurate. The only difference is the weight where HC models are lighter are lighter than MKIII but HCs requires more cocking effort considering lesser barrel length.
Moulindu