Which airgun should I buy?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
abhilash_cherukat
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Which airgun should I buy?

Post by abhilash_cherukat » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:13 am

For your Information http://www.mac1airgun.com/ is not valid now
Forgiveness is the attribute of Brave

For Advertising mail webmaster
supershaji
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by supershaji » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 pm

Sandy wrote:I am planning to buy either of these two guns--

Smith & Wesson M&P R8 Co2:
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Smith_Wes ... /2459/4931

Crosman 3576 Semi-auto Co2:
http://www.airgundepot.com/3576w.html

Which one of them is better? My purpose -- Just for fun and some shooting practice (no intention of going to tournaments)...

I want to get this from US... One of my friends is coming next month... Can this be brought without any trouble as a checked-in baggage? Are the Co2 cartridges required for this revolver available in India? If yes, how much do they cost? Are the Co2 cartridges allowed as checked-in baggage? Is it necessary that I ask my friend to bring those cartridges too? Also, please tell me whether they will allow the ammo as well or not...

Thanks in advance... :)
...bump.
mundaire wrote: ....

2. For anyone returning from overseas another option exists and that is to import an airgun as part of baggage. This route DOES NOT require one to be the member of a rifle club/ shooting association AND has NO restriction on calibre (so one can import a .22 cal airgun as well). For more details please see the thread Airgun import experiences - via personal baggage route

UPDATE: The government has completely waived off all import duties on airguns imported by members of shooting clubs/ rifle associations.
Can somebody please let me know if the information above regarding importing in check-in luggage is still valid today (2013)?
chitty-vitty, bang-shang

satanjay
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by satanjay » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:09 pm

Hi,

Though not new to the forum, been registered for quite a few years, I am pretty new to target shooting. Back in early 90's, I did some shooting with .22 rifle while working in Uncle's farm. That and also I had an old air rifle which belonged to grandpa. It seemed such a long time back. I have decided to take shooting again. Also I am in view to train my kids (daughter and son).

Not being in favor of testing depth with both feet, I have limited the budget to Rs 6000/-. Can anyone suggest me any good Indian made air rifle in this range? I am planing to check the buy/sell section also. Any pointers on starting will be most welcomes.
"Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it!"

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:24 am

Honestly, ... Nothing much worthwhile for 6K.. Shoot the budget to about 8-9K and you can get yourself a precihole - preciholesports.com .. But of course, there is the IHP which our member AIMCO can supply, for a wee bit lesser price.

TenX
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:11 am

satanjay wrote:Hi,

Though not new to the forum, been registered for quite a few years, I am pretty new to target shooting. Back in early 90's, I did some shooting with .22 rifle while working in Uncle's farm. That and also I had an old air rifle which belonged to grandpa. It seemed such a long time back. I have decided to take shooting again. Also I am in view to train my kids (daughter and son).

Not being in favor of testing depth with both feet, I have limited the budget to Rs 6000/-. Can anyone suggest me any good Indian made air rifle in this range? I am planing to check the buy/sell section also. Any pointers on starting will be most welcomes.
IHP 35 is the way to go. Under 7000. Accurate and powerful.

satanjay
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by satanjay » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:15 pm

This was my first post in this forum. Thanks for the prompt replies. I was informed that I may have declared my intent to break a law. It may have something to do with my intention to train my kids. Well I did not mean right now. They are too young. All I intended was when the time is right. I am and was always a law abiding son of India.

Today, I went around to 3 arms dealers in Dehradun. I found that .22 is the preferred callibur here. I was offered IHP 35 for 7k and 7.5k. One dealer also talked about some Eagle brand rifle in .22 cal for 5k. Has anyone heard about it? Any member from Dehradun?

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:24 pm

If you are going to be strict about your under-6000 budget any brand would probably be OK provided
1. It has a rifled barrel
2. The rear sight is adjustable in both azimuth and elevation i.e. side to side and up and down
Without those any air rifle is useless. The rifle itself can be tweaked in may ways to give a great performance provided the basic requirements above are fulfilled

Have you tried AIMCO online?

The page below has two under 6000 air rifles. The inage seems to shhow an adjustable rear sight but I don't know about rifling - you can call AIMCO and ask. They seem to have peep sights too.

satanjay
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by satanjay » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:42 am

Thanks for the knowledgeable insights. Vikram..thanks for you know what. I spoke to my uncle and was told that the temp permits were provided to the farmers from time time. It was classified under pest control/crop damage control. But I understand your point and totally agree with it.

Bennedose..... one of the guns had rifled barrels and it was for I believe 7k. I have also written to AIMCO about the gun. But with all the taxes, the cost might cross 6k. So I have decided to till next month and try for Precihole for 10k. How about that?

satanjay
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by satanjay » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:46 pm

Also, I have reading through some threads on IFG about Indian air rifles. I came across one about AIMCO M300 under lever. Well, it seems to be really nice gun, with .22 at 35 mts(as claimed on site by AIMCO) and listed at 6k. Any insights about this. Is this rifle loaded through bolt action because the barrel is fixed. It does seems to have rear sight. There is one version based on M300 in break barrel and one under lever .22 by G.D. Products. I have a fair mind of going with break barrel because of its sleek looks and ease of cleaning. But I would need some expert opinons from seasoned users in the forum. :-)

balaji hustler
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by balaji hustler » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:54 pm

Hey guys im planing to buy ma 1st air rifle and from da research bout indian made AR ive found two guns which met ma needs , 1) IHP 35 2) Precihole orion sx100 ..I know orion has quit a lotta issues wit trigger and wat not but the only thing which got ma attention was the fps..ihp 35 has arround 525 fps and orion has arround 600 fps ! Is dat true or da precihole just bosting bout their product ? Ma next question s is there a way to tune da orion to increase its fps ? I know its illegal to own a .22 gun with high fps but I cant help it after checking out gamo big cat 1200 :D ...I know importing a .22 is impossible so da only option s to settle wit a indian made :cry: .... id really appriciate if any of u ppl answer ma questions :cheers:

Esranjith
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Esranjith » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:54 pm

Hi Guys,
I'm new to air guns. I have a little experience in shooting flying pigeons with a friends double barrel in the US. Now that I'm back, thinking of gifting myself an air gun. I have gone through some threads here and thinking of Precihole NX100 or IHP model 35. I would like your advice. Purpose would be plinking and target shooting, interested in .22.
Some of the other questions i have
Are they both rifled bores?
Are all the known problems with precihole fixed?
Any brand of pellets you would recommend
How often should i take it to the dealer for service.

I would really appreciate your comments. Thanks!

dobhal87
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by dobhal87 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:33 pm

Greetings Fellow Shooters

It Has been a long time since i was active on this community (practically a movement i must say), well i am back to the Guns Gurus for a query
Which airgun to buy for a budget of 15k max, Motivation : Occasional Plinking and Target shooting (will probably try for Sport shooting if i get good at it).

For ease of operation i would like to go for a Spring piston (side or Under lever) or a Multistroke pneumatic referring (http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3246)

Preferred Caliber - 0.177

I tried to search for option of buying online.
Found following
1. National Air arms (http://www.nationalairarms.com/ProductSearch.aspx?pi=5)
2. Olive Planet (oliveplanet.in/index.php/products/target-shooting/air-rifles.html)
3. G. Smith (as referred by a fellow member), they do not sell Air guns but only pellets.
4. Indian Hume Pipe (http://www.indianhumepipe.com/Products/ ... tSale.aspx) probably the best but i have doubts as i read the issues with quality from other members.

Thanks for all the help and guidance
Freedom :)

aruncheloor
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by aruncheloor » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:14 pm

Hi all,

Im arun from Trichur, Kerala. Im planning to buy a GI 500 air rifle made by Gift Industries Kolkata. Quoted price is Rs.6200. Is it good enough for a beginner like me? Or shall i invest on an IHP 35 only? This one looks better than the IHP. My use would be very limited though.

MANIRAJIV
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by MANIRAJIV » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:43 am

HI TEAM,

I am a 42 years working professional in MUmbai. Pls advice me .

1) want to start shooting for fun n hobby which air gun should I buy (type and brand ) and from where?

Also what other accessory should I buy. and from where

Pls revert as am in a bit of hurry ?

ramborider
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ramborider » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:07 pm

Hello,
i have purchased ESA 200.some pics of my guns,gun is very heavy,butt is also made of steel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.