Products in market to reload your blank shells

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
karmveer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Products in market to reload your blank shells

Post by karmveer » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:28 pm

Everything is available in open market
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Reloading-Equip ... 823/i.html

For Advertising mail webmaster
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Products in market to reload your blank shells

Post by dev » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:58 pm

And pray what will you do with it? Hang clothes? :P Where will you get the percussion caps, powder and lead?
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:44 pm

Karmveer, That is in USA. Not in India.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

karmveer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by karmveer » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:01 pm

Alternative options are available
Many illegal gun traders are reloading 12 bore shotguns ammo using "SUTLI" Bombs powder.

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:36 pm

karmveer wrote:Alternative options are available
Many illegal gun traders are reloading 12 bore shotguns ammo using "SUTLI" Bombs powder.
Paying a tribute to R K Laxman at the same time - "You said it". :-)
==
O Shea (character): Guns make you nervous ?
Charles Bronson: Guns or the users ? Idiots with guns make me nervous.
(Death Wish V)

thesinfulsaint
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by thesinfulsaint » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:33 pm

Reloading is a big phenomenon here. A lot of people I know are into reloading or have started in the last couple of months considering the ammo prices. A year back you could get a 22LR for 2-3 cents a round, These days you'll be lucky to find it for 10-12 cents off the shelf. Almost every store is price gouging and trying to ride the profit wagon for as long as they can.
- Saint

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:17 pm

thesinfulsaint wrote:Reloading is a big phenomenon here. A lot of people I know are into reloading or have started in the last couple of months considering the ammo prices. A year back you could get a 22LR for 2-3 cents a round, These days you'll be lucky to find it for 10-12 cents off the shelf. Almost every store is price gouging and trying to ride the profit wagon for as long as they can.
Saint, while reloading is technically not illegal in India, you cannot get reloading components like primers and smokeless powders in India.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

FN-Five-Seven
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by FN-Five-Seven » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:51 pm

dev wrote:And pray what will you do with it? Hang clothes? :P
This comment really did crack me up ROTFL

On a serious note , since we are on the subject of reloading ammo , I am of the opinion that , unless someone shoots a large amount of ammo , investing in reloading equipment and supplies is not an economically viable venture . Am I right or wrong ?

F-N-Five-Seven
It's okay , if you disagree with me .
I can't force you to be right .

thesinfulsaint
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by thesinfulsaint » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:18 pm

You are correct XL and I'm not sure but I think reloading your own ammunition would bring down a lot of problems as well because we all know how well versed with laws are the law enforcing government babus and the police in India.

When my father was in the military I remember them vigorously collecting the spent brass to send it back for reloading. And if anyone was missing one the whole platoon war running the BPT next day, including the officer in charge.
- Saint

thesinfulsaint
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by thesinfulsaint » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:28 pm

You hit the nail F-N-Five-Seven.

I was thinking or reloading shotshells for skeet/trap but after a little research and talking to reloaders I figured out that unless you shoot couple of days in a week, the time/money and initial cost is not justified. Even with a cheap realoader like Lee Load-All.

At Walmart I can get Winchester #7.5 target load, box of 25 shells for close to $7.50 and a federal target load close to $5.50. I try to shoot every weekend but we all know how well that works out :-)
- Saint

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:12 am

toy pistol caps, blackpowder, tt balls, acetone, lead all easily available in the market can get you quite far by way of reloading if you know how.. heh!
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:45 am

jail is not far behind
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:28 am

FN-Five-Seven wrote:

On a serious note , since we are on the subject of reloading ammo , I am of the opinion that , unless someone shoots a large amount of ammo , investing in reloading equipment and supplies is not an economically viable venture . Am I right or wrong ?

F-N-Five-Seven
5-7,
Take a look at this link. It is a reloading costs calculator. Here are some figures you can input. These are the prices that I paid for my components the last time I purchased some (this is for 9mm ammo). Powder= $17 per lb., Primers= $30 per 1000, Bullets= $55 per 500. If you put those figures in, you will see that the cost for a box of 50 is $7.73. At the time, 9mm practice ammo was going for $12 - $16 a box. Today, they go for $14 - $18 a box.

So there is significant savings in costs for every box you shoot. It won't take long to pay off your equipment. If you were to shoot just one box per weekend, that is 52 boxes per year which cost $401.96. By not purchasing the $12/box ammo, you would have saved $222.04 per year.

I purchased a single stage press and manually load each cartridge casing with powder on an electronic scale. This allows me to produce ammo that is very consistent. Much more so than factory ammo. This is just one caliber. I reload for other calibers too. It does take some time but during the long winter evenings that we have in Minnesota, I have nothing but time. This is when I do most of my reloading.

You save less if you shoot less and more if you shoot more. If you shoot only a couple of boxes per year, it may not be worth it but if you shoot even as little as a box per week, it will be worth it.

I saved enough in just a few months to pay off my reloading equipment. Not only that, when the ammo crunch hit, I still had plenty of ammo available to me. That alone was worth it. I really don't shoot as much as a competitive shooter would shoot. If I shot more, I would invest in more expensive equipment which would allow me to produce more rounds per hour.

I hope this has answered your question.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:49 am

cost reloader in the usa is great but here it means jack *&*&

with the primers and powder its just fancy gajet.lol

lets take a look,

amount of ammo can be had by average pundit is 25 rounds per year.

cost of equipment for reloading [where would they get powder and primers? }

= loss loss loss end of cuculations
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

FN-Five-Seven
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by FN-Five-Seven » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:04 pm

Thanks xl_target .

Yes your post did answer my question , and since you provided the facts with numbers , I would say that my question was answered in 1080p
:)

F-N-Five-Seven
It's okay , if you disagree with me .
I can't force you to be right .